Is Stronglifts a meme?

Is Stronglifts a meme?

5x5 linear progression is a fine beginners program. Read the goddam sticky.

Why is this little girl supporting the bar with her hands? Wrist discomfort leads that way!

>that grip

this

looks uncomfortable desu

It's only lmao 1.5pl8 anyways, not even real human numbers

>aiming for just "real human numbers"

FOOL

>"A-user. Is my form goo-"

*BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-- PFFPTPTTFPTTPFPTPFPTFPTPFTP-- RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

It's fine. It's just a basic beginner routine. Run it until you're out of session to session gains which should be like a year or at most two years if cutting or recomping. Move to an intermediate powerlifting or bbing or oly routine.

Is the question "is SOMETHING a meme?" A meme?

Bump

Yeah. We only ask it like that to get retards like you triggered enough to bump our thread

>heh, i totally triggered him!

this meme is retarded, girls don't even fart WTF.

Fucking betas in the background vying for her attention. Kek

Where did you get that picture ? I suppose it's from a facebook page or something. Can you tell me the name of the page please ?

You can just reverse image search

Can I get fit from 6 months of Stronglift?

you can get DYEL

You can look better and get a beginner level of strength gains. Don't expect to look jacked though.

What's this guy's name again?

I did and it doesn't find anything on facebook.

Rich Piana. He's a bodybuilder and semi-famous youtuber with a supplement line. He's known for his 8-hour arms workout and having a many scoops of whey and mass gainer each day.

Define beginner level strength gains by compound movement and working weight pls

Wealthy Harpischord

Any healthy adult male can reach 1/2/3/4 for 1RM within a year of training if they put in effort.

After 6-7 months, my bench was around 200 for sets of 5, my deadlift was 400 for 1RM, and my squat was something like 220-230 for sets of 5 (with really poor form, I had no idea what I was doing, I struggled on squats for a long time). OHP was around 120-130 after 6 months for 1RM.

This was starting as a 135 lb 5' 11" skellington and gaining about 20 lbs. I think most people can hit similar numbers (maybe less on deadlift). Some will be able to hit more. If your numbers are nowhere close to this after 6 months, then you're fucking up somewhere.

>Compressing your wrists
>Taking any of the load off your back where it belongs

she's going to break her goddam wrists.

nice ass tho

After a month and a half of SL at 5'11 @ 88kg whilst cutting at 2000cal (fatty) i am on:
Squat 90kg working
Bench 75kg working
Ohp 50kg working
Deadlift 140kg 1rm
Row 67.5kg working
I have dicked around with lifting before but never took it seriously hence why im asking what should my lifts look like after a while.

Well, if you've done some lifting before, then your numbers are gonna be higher than what a complete beginner would have had. The important thing is continuing to progress over time.

Its got squats AND overhead press. What the fuck else do you need pussy?

>Tfw lifting for almost two years and not 1/2/3/4

Fugg.

How did you do it?

Thank you based user

Do any beginner lifting program, eat enough food, be consistent, and actually try. That's literally it.

If you did for 6 months, then it'd be 26 weeks. If after 2 weeks, you do 3x of work out a and work out b, then wouldn't you do 39x of each?
Adding 2.5 kg every work out wouldn't give me the numbers on excel.

well I'm doing 5/3/1 right now, eating as much as I can and I go to the gym 5 days a week.

Here's hoping it gets better.

>beginner lifting programm
>5/3/1
>5 days a week

the problem with sl is not the 5x5 part

its

* starting with the bar on all lifts
* always progressing at the same rate
(should be more in the beginning, like 7.5-15 kg for deadlift per workout, and less in the end, like 1 kg for ohp and bench)
* doing rows instead of chins/pullups
* not alternating deadlifts with another lift or lighter deadlifts to keep recovery in check
* not doing light squats once a week at the end of the program to keep recovery in check

these smalls things will make SS a far more efficient program than SL, like a month or two of progress ahead if everything is done correctly

There's no point in me doing a bigger routine when I'm not a beginner.

I can bench 87kg for 5 reps
Deadlift 140kg for 5 reps
I only squat 70kg but that's because my knee is fucked and I don't want to hurt myself
And I only OHP 57.5kg for 5 reps.

My lifts just aren't going any higher no matter what I do.

I know someone might say "Just eat more" - but I don't want to get fat, I'm already carrying an excess amount of bodyfat.

low bar squatting in fucking socks is a meme

fuck this pic pisses me off

Any minimalist program is a meme, especially if you're going from sedentary to exercising, you'll end up hurting yourself somewhere down the line, seriously beware.

>no noob gains
>no gains while cutting even though i was consistent
>good, healthy diet
>extremely slow gains while bulking, any lack in consistency going to the gym drops me weeks of progress
>like 2.5kg every 4th or 5th workout if even that
>no progress on diddlylift, only starts hurting my back if i try going higher
>eating more food does nothing but add fat
>always been physically active cardio-wise, good endurance and flexibility
stats (kg)
sq:75
dl:105
bench:65
ohp:45

starting stats
s:50
dl: 90
b: 50
ohp:35

spent 9 months now going to the gym this shit makes me mad as fuck.

SL has rows in addition to chins/pullups but agree on all other points. I'm still liking SL though, now on my fifth month.

chins/pullups are not in teh standard program iirc

it says on some other page that you can add them

but its rare you see ppl doing them

there's really nothing that wrong with it, still better than a brosplit, you will still progress insanely fast

just less efficient than SS, but does it matter in the grand scheme of your whole lifting career? no