When should I stop Starting Strenght and look for a new program? when I stall? why not just resetting...

when should I stop Starting Strenght and look for a new program? when I stall? why not just resetting? I'm missing something.

Other urls found in this thread:

rippedbody.com/intermediate-training-greg-nuckols/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When you want to look like a human.

Add acessories

>why not just resetting?

try it, run starting strength forever and see how far your lifts get

(they won't get far)

>when should I stop Starting Strenght and look for a new program?

When you feel you got something out of it. I did and I switched to this routine:

5x5 Deadlift
3x8 Front Squat
3x5 Incline Bench
3x8 BB Upright Row
3x8 Dips
3x8 DB Curls

Workout B
5x5 LB Squats
3x8 SLDL
3x5 Pendlay Row
3x8 Shoulder Press
3x8 Pull Ups
3x8 DB Tricep Extension

t. DYEL

What makes you think that doing the same lifts through SS will not work while through anything else they will? Lifting gets better through lifting.

That should not be the goal

homeostasis, and the body adapting to training stimuli

after a year or so, the body will respond more slowly to training so you wont be able to keep up with SS because you'll only be getting stronger by 5 pounds a WEEK, not per session

madcow is the intermediate version of SS

you're right, please run starting strength forever and don't switch routines

just keep doing SS and resetting by 10% each time you stall

you will make a lot of gains this way for a long time

OP here. I really like doing Starting Strength, I have no problems with the program at all, I was just wondering when someone knows the good moment to change.

I started two months ago squatting 125lbs and yesterday I lifted 190lbs, which makes a 65% increase in weight for two months. I've been trying to add from 2.5% to 5% weight every week while trying to keep the best form possible and the gains are there. I was really just wondering when to change.

Literally the only difference between SS and any intermediate strength based lifting is number of sets. That's it.

That's not how it works at all.

yes, that is the only difference

i'm not arguing with you user just do starting strength forever it obviously works

You have yet to tell me why it wouldn't. Try giving an argument

so... when?

i'm agreeing with you pal, it will work forever and you should do it

when you stall 3 times

Until you stop making consistent progress. 6 months inand you're probably already looking better than the fatsos and holocaust survivors that make up 80% of the male population, but don't expect to get huge in a year, you daft cunt.

You're retarded and sound like a high schooler who hasn't taken a legitimate science class jesus christ

I never seen someone saying this shit. Is this accurate?

as far as I know and i don't know a lot, you can make infinite gains if you keep resetting?

First of all, remember what Rippletits says in the book: If you aren't eating like a fat fucking pig, YOU'RE NOT DOING THE PROGRAM.

So, if you're

>eating like a fat fuck
>getting plenty of sleep
>not fucking around with other lifts on rest days
>not skipping any lift days

and you've been stalled for a bit, that's when you should look for a different program.

I eat only once a day, 90% of the time is after my workout. I eat about 3000 calories in one meal though (which is probably a 400-500 surplus of my daily need). I'm not counting my macros though, but rest assured that half my meal comes from animals.

yes, you can make gains on starting strength forever

this is why other programs like Sheiko templates, 5/3/1 templates, GZCL method, RTS intermediate, TSA intermediate program, JTS program, are a waste of time and exist for no reason

read up and learn enough and then homebrew your own PPL

2-4 compounds and then a few isolations work well for each day

boom, you're on your way to looking good and building strength

First: Count your macros.

Second: I haven't flipped through SS in a while, but I believe Rippletits suggests more than 3k.

did you not read the starting strength book lmao

That's interesting, thanks for sharing. Do you have some source?

Yeah I've seen people that mix Starting Strength with Stronglifts or they swap one exercise to an equivalent.

No.

I guess it depends from human being to human being? I'm a small man so I just try to stay between the 500 to 800 surplus in calories. I work in a office and I'm really not very active other than going to the gym so I don't use a lot of calories on my day to day.

read the book you fucking autist

whys everyone falling for the obvious bait autist in this thread

i'm being sarcastic

anyone who has the slightest bit of programming knowledge understands that linear progression does not continue for very long, and that periodization is essential to making progress past the beginner stage

there is a whole lot more to it than more sets or different rep ranges, unlike this total retard seems to think

No.

This is why they say "noob gains", because it's fast in the beginning but harder on the long term. That I know, but is there any signal that you should transition to another program other than "gonna change because I want to try something new"?

>lowbar

Consistently hitting plateaus that aren't related to form while on a good bulking diet. 5x5 routines are grueling, but they are good for building a base amount of muscle.

The faster you add upper body and core accessories though, the better.

I don't think there is an "idea" time to change programs, really. You just have to listen to, and be honest with yourself, in regards to what your goals are, and what you will realistically be able to handle.

If you enjoy lifting heavy shit so much that you want to do it more often during your week, and your able and willing to make the sacrifices like eating, shopping, cleaning, sleeping more to make it all worth it, then go for it.

When you get that beach body and 1/2/3/4 and become a chad

when you stall 3 times and are eating and sleeping correctly

then you go to an intermediate program with higher volume and less frequent PR attempts

rippedbody.com/intermediate-training-greg-nuckols/

>I eat about 3000 calories in one meal though

Here you go, OP

im thinking SL/SS for 3 months or so, then do something for aesthetics
would this be better than just going str8 into aesthetics

Was this just AxBx?

this is a shit picture on so many levels for so many reasons

it shills this CAMB guy's programs

recommends Madcow (which is complete garbage), RPT (also complete garbage) as intermediate routines

categorizes 5/3/1 as an """"""advanced"""""""" routine (it's no such thing), recommends Smolov Jr and Smolov (which are peaking programs mainly, I have no idea why those would be on there, you can't run those sustainably), doesn't mention Sheiko programming, and has another shit Madcow routine under advanced

just a really really bad infographic, don't post it

I think the general rule is once you have to reset more than 3 times you stop.

Imo once you're no longer able to progress consistently I would switch programs, even if you haven't milk absolutely everything out of linear progression, by that point you'll probably want to switch things up anyway and try something different.