Does everyone agree eating multiple smaller meals a day is far better for you overall than eating 3 square meals...

Does everyone agree eating multiple smaller meals a day is far better for you overall than eating 3 square meals? Keeps blood sugar stable throughout the day as you go task to task amonst other health benefits of having stable blood sugar and insulin.

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/11-myths-fasting-and-meal-frequency/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

authoritynutrition.com/11-myths-fasting-and-meal-frequency/

It literally doesn't matter.

>Does everyone agree eating multiple smaller meals a day is far better for you overall than eating 3 square meals?
No, but most of the long term studies show it to be the case for a multitude of reasons

>health benefits of having stable blood sugar and insulin.
You don't have stable insulin, it's released as needed in response to the liver and glucose in the blood. It converts said glucose into fat or energy for use in the muscles/organs, thus stabilising blood sugar, not circulating insulin levels, though those are obviously reduced as used.

Unless you eat high glicemic index shit you are completely fine with 3 meals/day.

Also: why the fuck people obsess with marginal things like meal timing before having solid diet, routine and rest? Keep It simple ffs

>Le insulin
I hope you don't drink protein shakes because that spikes insulin like hell on its own and we all know insulin is baaaaaad.

3 large spikes as opposed to like 10 smaller ones if you were looking at it from a blood sugar chart or something... its man that came up with the idea to eat 3 set meals per day, another human came up with that idea but the multiple small meals is ingrained into our nature, its not man made its our natural eating pattern to go from one food source eat a small amount then onto the next, atleast that way was around much longer than the 3 set meals.

>most of the long term studies show it to be the case for a multitude of reasons
Sauce

Mostly population studies and meta analysis. There's a wiki page somewhere about the Blue Zone and studies which show countries and areas where people eat small amounts and often throughout the day while working have the highest lifetimes and highest in health and prowess.

Google will know more than I can answer off the top of my head

FASTING BTFO

>sauce

>lol idk brah there was a study somewhere just b urself dood

>speeding up metabolism tends to ruin the machine, having more small meals a day leads to faster metabolism.

also while in stressful conditions (lack of time money or time or money) you cannot prep 5 meals a day and will be grumpy and annoying as fuck.

>I don't understand what study or analysis means

If there's a huge supporting amount of data and evidence then I'm going to skew my belief towards said results

humans created stressful condition for themselves when they created society. life used to be just about getting food and surviving like you can see if you look at many of the tribes that have made contact with humans over the past years, they live very simplistic lives and don't sit down to 3 set meals per day, they eat as they find, constantly moving constantly needing energy hour to hour not 3 hours eat then blood sugar spike then crash for 2 hours then eat again and rinse repeat.

No. The only people complaining about low blood sugar and fatigue always have shit diets and make no physical activity

those tribes are mostly in ketosis mang.

>Keeps your blood sugar stable
As a T1D I'd like to let you know you're retarded

>As a T1D I'd like to let you know you're retarded
I'm retarded but your the one who resorts to petty insults?

Didn't even make any argument against just hurr durr i'm diabetic look at me lmao

humans are far more formidable than people seem to think these days

i don't think it would matter in the slightest if you eat 2 days worth of calories in 1 big meal

No, we had less frequent meals naturally, staying in a fasted state for most of the day is literally the best way for the human body to function. Eating a fuck load of small meals is just for fatties who can't stop thinking about food for more than 10 minutes.

HAHAHA

no.

constantly digesting, having your insulin up and down, your cognitive function spiking and crashing all day... terrible for your mood and HGH production.

try fasting for 14-16 hours and see how sharp your mind becomes and how happy you feel not having the downwards spiral caused by digestion.

fasting has an effect similar to drinking coffee on your mood and focus, but it`s much healthier, doesn`t kill fry your REM sleep and does not cause a loop of spiking and crashing your mood like coffee.

[broscience intensifies]

[Actual science intensifies]

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

all i know is that i fart constantly if i eat 3 times and almost never when i eat only 1 time a day.

Also, Insulin is an anabolic hormone, while its good for muscle glucose intake it also increases lipid synthesis in fat cells.

>fasting increases a counterregulatory hormone, therefore mountains of broscience!
hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time

Or it was like hunting one prey, skinning and preparing fire etc and thus eating one big meal towards sunset

>Does everyone agree eating multiple smaller meals a day is far better for you overall than eating 3 square meals?
no. in fact there is alot of evidence to the contrary. eating fewer larger meals (the largest being after exercise) is far better for blood sugar management

basically it comes down to
>A: eat so often that you are manually regulating your blood sugar with a constant influx of food
>B: eat whenever and let your hormonal system regulate your blood sugar like it's designed to

keep eating all day and being fat then, I don't care.

>i dont believe it, therefore it's not true
liberals pls go

>oh no somebody triggered me with facts, better spout more broscience and damage control
Never thought redditards like yourself were dumb enough to to think of this board as a safe space

>GH administration failed to decrease urine nitrogen loss during starvation in normal or in GH-deficient subjects (35, 40, 41). However, the anabolic or nitrogen-retaining effects are indirect and are thought to be mediated by the generation of tissue growth factors such as SmC. Our data demonstrate that fasting causes a dissociation between increased GH secretion and SmC production. Thus, anabolic effects of SmC would have been minimal during starvation since circulating (and presumably tissue) concentrations of this growth factor were low.

>It can be inferred that nutrient sufficiency is a more important determinant of SmC than GH, since the concentration of this growth factor failed to rise in the face of enhanced GH secretion. Such observations emphasize the importance of nutrition in dictating the metabolic effects of GH. The presence of a nutrition-dependent component of GH action would be beneficial to man since anabolic processes can proceed only in the presence of adequate nutrition.

>projecting this hard

>implying it's not possible to get adequate nutrition in an 8 hour window.

Stay fat.

>using words you don't understand
classic reddit

>conception of nutrition consists of pseud pubmed warrioring and reading broscience articles discovered with a google search
But I'm not the whale you see in the mirror redditard :^)

It's usually the beginners who are this autistic and literally wake up at 4am to drink a shake because it's the most optimal "protein window"

Usually the more you have lifting years under your belt the less you start worrying about marginal things because the most important thing there is to be consistent for the rest of your life. Just don't skip workouts and don't lie to yourself about nutrition.

So yes also to OP it doesn't fucking matter. It literally does not fucking matter do whatever the FUCK you want to do and feel the most comfortable with.

This.
To be fair, I work night shifts at a labor-intensive job and have time to eat two meals instead.

Your own paper shows fasting induces growth hormone resistance with homeostatic compensatory secretion like hyperinsulinemia in diabetes. So now after someone explicitly points those big words out since you just copypasta references off some zealous armchair's blog that appeals to your feelings while lacking the intelligence and education to actually read them you move goalposts claiming it no longer applies to you? How convenient.

And cool insecurity btw. Unlike you I'm not fat.