I am doing this routine as a beginner. Is it any good?

I am doing this routine as a beginner. Is it any good?
Should I change anything?

Also high test thread.

It's good, I've run it for 3 months and switched to GZCLP

Running this currently, almost the same thing.

Took my squat from 185->275
Bench from 165->195
OHP from 85 ->115
BB Row from 160->205

all for 3x5 in about 2.5 months

Forgot pic

What does the alternating mean in OP's pic ?
You do A : bench // B : ohp // C : Bench // A : OHP etc?

Is this the first program you do or did you do a different one first

Yes

also for the progress with 2.5lb for upperbody and 5lbs for lowerbody is this the difference in each workout or weekly?

Each workout.

question about this routine.

Since it says alternating between OHP/bench and chin-ups/barbell rows, does this mean that you are always going to be doing OHP and chins on the same day and Bench/barbell rows on the same day? or do you alternate between those too? does it even matter which ones you do together on days?

I don't know, I just do OHP and chinups on the same day.

you don't know enough about programming to change anything about it

hey can someone help critique my program? included are also my babyweight lifts
1/2

2/2

brrraaaaaapp

It looks good, my suggestion would be to add more shoulder and chest isolation exercises. Press and bench are good, but if you are willing to do 9 sets of traps exercises, but only 5 sets of chest or shoulders, it seems odd.

Don't be afraid to have a day C if you think you have too much on one day.

well the reason i have so much for traps is because their underdeveloped thanks to my genetics and the like. how would you suggest modifying my work out to add more chest/shoulders in? more accessories or more main lifts/C day? if i went for a C day id switch the routine to a more PPL thing i think

I feel you on the traps, I know it's a meme, but heavy deadlifts will build them up well, as well as heavy shrugs. How often do you go to the gym a week?
I'll tell you my routine that's worked for me, but I go pretty often. I do: 1. Chest and triceps; 2. Back(including deadlift) and biceps; 3. Shoulders and traps; 4. Legs. If you don't go very often this can definitely be compressed. But I'll keep in mind trying to keep these muscle groups evenly worked out

i only go three times a week, not four, once i get to heavier deads ill see if that sort of thing works, if not all the shrugs i have in my routine should work

Too much volume

what specifically would you suggest? (if u dont mind me askin)

Then I would try for a PPL type routine. When you get more into and can go at least 4 days a week I would highly recommend working out the muscle groups I suggested on their own days, personally I found the most success doing this when I was still trying to max out my beginner gains.

do you think i should wait for 1/2/3/4 or just a few months into SS?

long term supporter of GSLP here.
Phraks and /fits/ vesions are both good. But I recommend reading the GreySkull books and articles on the website to further expand your understanding of the greyskull system.

Good routine. Get the book though.

1/2/3/4 takes a very long time, a few months of SS + accessories would.be good enough

ok. thanks anonito

MY GOD
(sauce anybody?)

Not a beginner, but always looking to improve or change my routine. Any suggestions would be nice

You don't know shit about beginners if you think they should be doing 10+ exercises a session or doing 3x5 on deadlifts. Stop giving advice if you don't know what you're saying.

It's way too much volume for a beginner, you'll still make gains because that's what beginners do, but it won't be optimal. If you're doing barbell training you don't need the same volume someone who only does isolations needs because compound lifts stress the whole body. Pick one exercise from each category you made, so you're looking at 6 exercises on A and 6 on B. Check back in with yourself in 3 months and see if you need more or less exercises to address lagging muscles.

Focus on the main lifts, if your gonna do 5x5. Go heavier on them. Do like one accessory excerise per muscle group/area.

You're doing alot of work for no reason and tiring yourself out