Question about "starving" yourself

I've always heard that "starving" yourself (as in, eating VERY little throughout the day) is bad for you. However, any time I talk to someone who recently lost weight and knows little about nutrition, when I ask, "How'd you do it?" they usually reply with "I just starved myself, basically". So, despite it being bad for you, does it actually work?
>pic-related possible through starvation?

I did it and it turned out well. Didnt get too low on fat because i wanted to protect my gains. But to look like that you dont really have to worry about muscle mass

"Starvation mode" is a meme
do you think early humans ate every day lmao?

The human body will use energy stored in fat tissue if it doesn't receive enough through nutrition.

After fat your body will start breaking down muscle.

So yes you will lose weight/fat by starving yourself but good luck maintaining that for any significant amount of time.

The trick is to use your very few calories a day on hefty foods, and not shit.
Half of a frozen pizza can be more than 800 calories, and might fill you up as much as a potato, which is like 110. Veggies fill you up and have very little calories, so get a pan and cook some veggies. And don't skimp out on fruits, you need the vitamins and sheit.

>After fat your body will start breaking down muscle
>After
Need citation

read the sticky faggot
>what is general knowledge

Its kinda common sense. Your body is designed to go after the least useful form of energy first

Carbs are the most quickly broken down, it's first
Fat has useful purposes in your body (structure, protection) and the most calories/gram (9), so it's next
Protein has obviously many more useful purposes so it's last

I tried it for a month, ate between 700-1000kcal a day and was loosing 2kg a week. Decided to stop it because I was lacking the energy and focus to do my job properly.

Need a haircut greaser?

Ayeeeeee ponyboi

Glad i'm not the only one!
Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This doesn't refute what he said.

That's called fasting and it's great for you if you don't do it too often

It increases your blood cell counts and improves/"resets" a number of body functions.

That said, there are dangers if you're simply slashing your calories for a longer period of time, but that's no longer fasting.

>Carbs are the most quickly broken down, it's first
Incorrect. You're alluding to the fact that different macro and micronutrients break down at different rates and sugars, being high in the list, tend to come first. Dextrose in particular is right at the top.

>Fat has useful purposes in your body (structure, protection) and the most calories/gram (9), so it's next
Fat doesn't, no. Fats do, yes. You don't understand basic nutrition if you're unable to identify the difference between the useful nutrients contained within fat sources and stored fat on the body.

>Protein has obviously many more useful purposes so it's last
Again, you're talking about a consumed macronutrient, not muscle mass. What's your point?

The person you're responding to said that the body breaks down fat after muscle, which is absolutely correct, though there is a small overlap at all times. You're talking about glucose from food consumption. Understand the difference.

LITERALLY!

ITT: Inbred retards.
>Veeky Forums

Surprise?

This!

Yep.

>board about health and fitness
>"dude is starving a good idea"
>"go for it bro lmao"

I did if for 2 months and lost 3 and a half stone.

>The person you're responding to said that the body breaks down fat after muscle
You mean the other way around

How?