So I just came back from the gym for the first time in my life, how long am I supposed to be in pain for? This sucks...

So I just came back from the gym for the first time in my life, how long am I supposed to be in pain for? This sucks. I don't think I want to go to the gym again.

DOMS. It happens when you first get off your lazy ass after a long time. They go away if you keep it up, get enough protein and rest.

>I don't think I want to go to the gym again.
Yeah, I bet you also don't want to be a flabby sack of pigshit. Better make a choice, shitlard.

fpbp

I know how you feel man. For the first week my tendons in my joints would be real tight, but that went away so will yours keep it up, eventually you'll feel less sore. You can do it user!

Ah you piece of entitled shit, pain is part of life, learn to own that shit. Are you really such a fucking pussy you can't even endure some soreness??? If you really can't bring yourself to go to the gym tomorrow then you should really just kys, you're worth nothing.

T-talk more shit please
Motivate me to go back

Couple weeks, and you slowly start to enjoy training

Expect it to suck dick for the first 2 weeks, second week is the absolute worst and why 80% of people stop going to the gym. Power through those first 2 weeks, stay on your program (dont skip even one fucking workout for anything short of your mom dying) and you'll be well on your way to making it.

It's your body being shocked from sitting on your fat ass for such a long time.

I like DOMs, reminds you that you did good yesterday

This. Every time I lapse in going to the gym, the first day back is hell, plus a few days of recovery.

Then it becomes enjoyable.

DOMS will become a sweet ache in time, similar to feeling a good stretch. You will learn to love them if you stick with it.

You earned this user. Enjoy it. You could not be feeling this if you had not worked for it.

first time i went i had to take a cab to uni because i wasnt able to lift my arms high enough to hang on to the bus bar thingy. It goes away in a little while but only if you just KEEP GOING YOU FAT CUNT.

Work through the doms. Will be a few weeks but it gets better.

Thank you all for the motivation
I'll go back tomorrow

The more often you go, the less it'll hurt afterwards.
More movement = more bloodflow = more nutrients everywhere and less unwanted metabolites.

Then you are on the path, user.

Your first few workouts shouldn't be that hard (to emphasis on form, and "warming up" your body for an exercise lifestyle) in order to avoid DOMS.

The first time hurts the most. I remember I could barely walk. There's a term for first time pain. Not doms. Someyhing else

Enjoy that feeling while it last OP.

Learn to stretch

If you stretch after working out, when you still warm, you will cut soreness by a lot

Some stretches are really fucking good, like the tricep, lats ones, calves stretches and pic related