Am I abnormally weak?

Work out 30-40 min 3 times a week at home for years.

Bench and free weights (The Block dumb bells).

Bench press, incline press, lat rows (pull backs), squat, deadlift. Used to have a pullup bar but not at my current place.

5'7" 152 lb 15% body fat. Steady there.

I bench 100 lb 3x8 free weights.

Tried steroids and they just made my hair fall out.

What's a normal dumb bell strength for bench press for 3x8 for someone my height/weight?

I see people always talking about how they can bench ridiculous amounts like 200 lb + and I have no idea what they're talking about.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=siAbiwPyccg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this bait or are you that stupid?

It's not bait. I honestly don't know what normal men can lift but it seems like way more than me.

What steroids did you try? Holy shit dude you really fucked up

There is no "normal" amount of weight to lift, do what you can and continue to make progress but 200lbs and up isn't an absurd bench press. Usually it's done with a barbell rather than DB when the weight gets that heavy.

>Tried steroids
>I bench 100 lb

Test enanthate 400 mg per week for 3-4 months. My hair didn't fall out COMPLETELY or anything.

I was already a NW2, and it had stopped balding completely and was growing back before I started the roids. Once I went on them it started falling out again. Stopped them and been on RU58841+minox since and it's probably NW 1.5 now (best it's been in years).

Just made it clear i can't use roids.

Well what's typical for dumb bells 3x8 for a 5'7" guy?

Is 100 lb very low? Feels like it but I don't understand why. 15% body fat is pretty unremarkable/average composition. It's not like my body's all fat.

I'd like to be more ripped, but even at 10% body fat that's only an extra 7 lb of muscle. I doubt that would make me all of a sudden twice as strong.

Hard to say, especially if you're training for looks. If you are, don't worry about how much weight you're moving and focus on looking good. There just isn't really a typical weight but after training for years yeah 100lbs 3x8 is pretty weak. Just to be clear, you mean 100 in each hand correct?

HAHAHAHAHA seriously fucking laughed my ass off. Thanks.

No. 50 lb in each hand 3x8 (100 lb) is my typical routine for full exhaustion.

I look mediocre mainly because of the extra 5% body fat. I think guys can only really look "good" at 10-12% body fat.

I wonder if it's because I have tiny bones (thin girl sized wrists, etc).

Most strong guys seem to have giant bones.

>Tried steroids and they just made my hair fall out.
creatine is a powerful steroid

you likley are higher than 15% bf

Quite possibly. I'm going based on bioimpedance scales.

But also this pic looks accurate for around 15%. I can just barely see my abs if I flex under the right lighting.

Shit dude yeah that's weak as fuck. I do 3x12 with 70 on my hypertrophy days and I don't even give a fuck about hypertrophy days really. I know a lot of anons call it a meme but I did SL for a few months to get my strength up before moving into a strength/hypertrophy mix routine and I believe starting with pure strength was the best idea, you might wanna consider it.

Okay a few clarifications.

3x12 at 70 meaning 70 lb each hand or 70 lb total? bar bell or dumbbell?

Height/weight/BF?

70 in each hand. 212lbs at 6', around 12%. My barbell bp just hit 2pl8. Roughly a lil over a year of serious lifting.

Put another way:

What's a normal amount for a 5'7" 150 lb guy to bench with dumb bells for 3x8 on a typical workout day?

Anyone can give a rough estimate?

Well you're ridiculously big compared to me so that's not really comparable.

Also I don't get why people say "each hand" rather than the total. When you use a barbell you don't say what is on each end, just the total. Same should apply for dumb bells.

>You're ridiculously big compared to me

T-thanks user

If I were you I'd quit worrying about what other men your size are doing. Just be better than you were yesterday there's always someone stronger you could compare yourself to if you've wanted, won't do any good.

It wasn't a compliment. You were just born with better genes that let you be taller and have bigger bones.

Life is all about comparison to other men. Where you rank is what defines your success in life.

ie. I am short and ugly so can't get girls because they compare me to the tall and good looking guys on their Tinder accounts.

Whether I do the comparison or someone else does it's always happening.

I stopped going to gyms a long time ago to avoid feeling inferior. But I still wonder what "normal" strength is for someone my size.

Surely there's been at least one guy on this site that was once 5'7-5'8" or so and ~150 lb at one time that can say.

Well good luck user, I hope you find what you're looking for but even with my ""better"" genes I have a pretty shit life. I don't agree with your mindset as it sounds depressing to me but I hope you find your answer. Maybe try the QTDDTOT

oh so it's a bait thread

i stopped tinder too because girls only swipe right on rich CHADS, but you can still definitely get really strong. It might play to your advantage actually for being 5'7. Just stay away from degenerate tinder sloots

>Asking for a typical strength level of someone my height/weight.
>Bait thread.

Actually I think it's a pretty simple and reasonable question.

Guys compare their lifts all the time.

this

>Just stay away from degenerate tinder sloots

As if it was ever a choice...

Also all my female friends are on Tinder. All women are. Some of them are now doctors/lawyers and they're still on there lusting after the same Chads.

Nothing changes and it's pretty much universal.

i'm 5'7 and my bench is at 85 kg (187 lbs?) and i do it with 30 kg dbs (66 lbs?). i'm pretty noob though, only been lifting for 6 months

???

get new friends faggot

Uh. Maybe that's why I tried them? If I was ripped and strong already I wouldn't have needed to.

So you tried trt, not steroids?

>get new friends faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=siAbiwPyccg

Thanks. How much do you weigh?

That's not THAT far off from me. Just another 20-30 pounds I have to add total. Although that's 20-30% really which I guess is a lot. We'll see.

Sure. I guess. My testosterone levels were above the measurable limit for the lab I tested at on it though, so don't call it "testosterone replacement". I was on a shitload by lab definition.

Sub friends for jobs if that was too subtle.

im 5'8 and 160. my barbell incline after somewhere between 12-18 months was 200x5

eat more retard

Okay makes sense. When I hit 160 lb I'll compare.

I'm not trying to weigh a lot. I just want to look good with my shirt off.

>Life is all about comparison to other men. Where you rank is what defines your success in life.

>ie. I am short and ugly so can't get girls because they compare me to the tall and good looking guys on their Tinder accounts.

>Whether I do the comparison or someone else does it's always happening.

>I stopped going to gyms a long time ago to avoid feeling inferior. But I still wonder what "normal" strength is for someone my size.

that's the bait part

>Life is all about comparison to other men.

bad worldview

>Where you rank is what defines your success in life.

taller guys have more success, true. built guys probably attract more girls, true. but your genetics load the gun and your outlook pulls the trigger

>I am short and ugly so can't get girls because they compare me to the tall and good looking guys on their Tinder accounts.

tinder is a bad pick up environment for shorter guys. you're better off doing approaches in real life. you'll get BTFO some but 1/10 or 1/5 success (and them being girls you actually find attractive) is better than 1/1000 and matching with a girl you didn't find attractive. we can't all be chads

and ALL guys vastly underestimate what being fit and dressing well can do for their attractiveness. see pic related.

>Whether I do the comparison or someone else does it's always happening.

true, but other don't think "haha look at that cuck", they don't even process it on a conscious level. they're not rooting for your demise

>I stopped going to gyms a long time ago to avoid feeling inferior.

that's fine

around 72 kg or 155 lbs

>im 5'8 and 160. my barbell incline after somewhere between 12-18 months was 200x5

Wait. Wut. I just read that again. That's absurd. You only weigh 8 pounds more than me and you can lift 200 lb 5 times.

This is what I'm talking about. That makes no sense. Have you ever done 3x8 with dumb bells and if so what do you lift for that (total not each hand)?

>He doesn't understand neurological adaptation

>tinder is a bad pick up environment for shorter guys. you're better off doing approaches in real life. you'll get BTFO some but 1/10 or 1/5 success (and them being girls you actually find attractive) is better than 1/1000 and matching with a girl you didn't find attractive. we can't all be chads

oh and an addenum to this, about what another guy said: "get new friends"

even girls that don't end up in a hookup can be turned into FRIENDS. if they use the boyfriend excuse (and it's actually real) you can just say "oh that's cool. wanna be friends? we can drop this whole 'me liking you' thing and be friends" this works best if it's someone you see often, so then you have an excuse to hang out instead of being a total stranger.

far from being "haha cucked" she'll have a great appreciation for your confidence and it's super unlikely she'll think badly of you or use you. then she can even wingman for you in other situations and you'll have more preselection to get with other girls who will actually like you.

win-win-win.

>tinder is a bad pick up environment for shorter guys. you're better off doing approaches in real life. you'll get BTFO some but 1/10 or 1/5 success (and them being girls you actually find attractive) is better than 1/1000 and matching with a girl you didn't find attractive. we can't all be chads

I think you're actually correct here. I just get jealous because good looking guys can literally sit on their couches and order girls as easy as ordering a pizza.

While I have to go out to bars/clubs and hit on 20-30 girls just to get one number which will likely go nowhere.

The time and energy investment is insane for minimal reward. It's very defeating.

Also the level of abuse I get in cold approach is unpleasant and unwarranted in my opinion.

In my day to day life women treat me great, but as soon as I try to talk to one in a club or bar or in any context that isn't work or previously school related I'm like some terrible rapist child molester they should treat like dog shit.

Lots of fun.

Well gonna go downstairs and lift some ridiculously light weights as usual.

>Bench with dumbbells trying to get big numbers
>Taking steroids at 100 lb Bench
>Years of lifting
>200 lb Bench is ridiculous

This is bait through and through.

Benching two plates within your first year is decent for most people.

I'm 5'9 and weigh about 160

I bench 225 for reps as a max

I work out for 3 years

Dude ofc you are weak because you don't train hard enough
Try 4-5 times a week for 60-90 min and try to progress

Your stats are embarrassingly bad my friend

Everything I've read says dumb bells are better that barbells since they require more muscle stabilization. Also I don't want to buy a rack and bar and weights for my basement while I can do the dumb bells and bench very easily there.

What you call "bait" I call my life.

I can't really compare to barbell lifts because I've never done one (was always afraid the weights would fall off or I'd need a spotter but never had one and also the amount I'm lifting would look silly).

That's why I specifically asked for typical 3x8 DUMB BELL bench strengths.

5'8 and maybe 16% bf% here. I bench 110kg after 1 year of lifting.

Start lifting properly and join a gym.

Again not enough details.

How many reps/sets of that are you benching? Barbell/dumb bell? If barbell, have you tried dumb bell?

I'm never going back to a gym. Last gym I was in was a university gym and it made me suicidal.

>While I have to go out to bars/clubs and hit on 20-30 girls just to get one number which will likely go nowhere.

what about day game? if you have the ability to do bar approaches day game will be a breeze. bars are totally not conducive to talking to girls because girls expect it. better to catch em unaware, when they won't have their bitch shield up (if they have one).

>I bench 100 lb 3x8 free weights.
>
jesus christ what the fuck

>5'7''

You have other problems buckeroo

Where on earth would I find enough girls in one place during the day to do this? I tried malls once many years ago but they were no easier than bars/clubs and it was way more embarrassing/awkward given that everyone can see and hear you and half the time the girls don't even stop walking to talk to you.

Tried asking out the girl at the post office last year after chatting with her for 5-10 min and she was laughing a lot and she shot me down brutally and awkwardly.

I don't think it's any better. Overall if I had to choose I'd take nightclubs since at least no one can hear you get rejected there and there's higher concentrations of girls.

Both are horrible though.

>I bench 100 lb 3x8 free weights.
DAILY REMINDER

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU SS IS A MEME AND TO DO A BROSPLIT INSTEAD

Yeah, and I haven't even talked about my trainwreck of a face. One thing at a time. This thread was intended just to address my strength or lack thereof.

>THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU SS IS A MEME AND TO DO A BROSPLIT INSTEAD

I've been working out since before Veeky Forums or "SS" even existed. I'm in my 30s. I've tried many different splits or approaches.

When you're using the same splits as pro body builders, the problem isn't the split.

I know some Chads who gain muscle just looking at a rack of weights.

>everyone can see and hear you and half the time the girls don't even stop walking to talk to you.

are you doing a yad stop? (to use a specifically PUA term) it's very good at getting them to stop. very simple too.

>Tried asking out the girl at the post office last year after chatting with her for 5-10 min and she was laughing a lot and she shot me down brutally and awkwardly.

was she working at the post office or inside it? if working, she just thought of you as a customer sadly. i've had that happen where a girl working at chik-fil-a was asking me all sorts of personal questions and seemed really interested. i mulled over asking for her number until i heard her asking another customer similar questions another time. turns out she was coached to ask them.

if the chick was a customer inside the post office, it sounds like she was excessively mean.

Jesus christ I'm outta here

>Again not enough details.
Stop being autistic in an attempt to make yourself feel better. You lift like shit and have shit progress as a result, deal with it.

>How many reps/sets of that are you benching? Barbell/dumb bell? If barbell, have you tried dumb bell?
110kg was my 1RM at 1 year and 100kg or more for 5x5.
Barbell because benching 100kg with dumbbells is retarded, as you're well aware.

>If barbell, have you tried dumb bell?
Yes, until the point it became impractical. Dumbbells can only take you so far. Last time I used DBs was at 34kg x2 and I'd typically do 5x6 to 5x8

>I'm never going back to a gym. Last gym I was in was a university gym and it made me suicidal.
Blame the gym all you like, it wont change your results.

I get the distinct impression you're autisticly blaming your problems on made up things to rationalise not doing what is required to make proper progress.

>When you're using the same splits as pro body builders, the problem isn't the split.
There is one problem though.

You're not a pro bodybuilder and you'll never look even close like one.
Pro bodybuilder splits are - you guessed it - for pro bodybuilders.

You're not gonna get anywhere racing a horse on all fours.

>yad stop

That term didn't exist when I used to do PUA.

She wasn't rude. It was just awkward because I made it awkward. Yeah she worked there.

>Stop being autistic in an attempt to make yourself feel better. You lift like shit and have shit progress as a result, deal with it.

Yeah because there's absolutely no difference between a dumb bell lift and a bar bell lift or a single lift or a three sets of eight or twelve lift.

Hurr. I lift 200 lb that's all you need to know.

As for bar bell vs dumb bell that's my philosophy too. I would switch to bar bell only if I maxed out on dumb bells, which I'm nowhere near doing.

I'm not here to blame anything. I posted this thread to get an idea of whether my strength is normal or not for my height and weight. So far I get the distinct impression it is not.

Though this does not explain how:

- Someone can be the exact same height, weight, and body fat as me (same muscle and size) yet lift double what I can.

That still makes no sense to me.

>Work out 30-40 min
>3 times a week
No shit you're weak , you're a lazy fuck

Google this and it might make more sense to you

Thanks. Read it. I presume it's a combination of:

- Better activation of more muscle fibers in stronger men (neural adaptation)
- Better insertion and origin points for muscles in stronger men (stronger levers)
- Thicker bones leading to stronger tendons/ligaments (more stable joints) in stronger men.
- Higher efficiency muscle fibers in stronger men.

>Yeah because there's absolutely no difference between a dumb bell lift and a bar bell lift or a single lift or a three sets of eight or twelve lift.

Not when your goal is strength gains, no. The iron doesn't care. Stop being autistic or trying to blame your shitty results on other things or move past the fact your results are laughable.

>Hurr. I lift 200 lb that's all you need to know.
Essentially, that's enough, yes. Your 1RM gives a strong idea of your abilities.

>As for bar bell vs dumb bell that's my philosophy too. I would switch to bar bell only if I maxed out on dumb bells, which I'm nowhere near doing.
>I'm not going to do deadlifts because I want to max out squats first
wat

>I'm not here to blame anything. I posted this thread to get an idea of whether my strength is normal or not for my height and weight. So far I get the distinct impression it is not.
It absolutely sounds that way. Every time someone posts results you pass it off as them being taller, bigger or better looking than you. I actively try to compete against the bigger guys because I know it'll make me lift more quicker.

>- Someone can be the exact same height, weight, and body fat as me (same muscle and size) yet lift double what I can.
I'm also 2 years older than you. In the context of what you've provided it's because I bench instead of rely on dumbbells. I'd also guess your diet is poor, but you've provided no info so all we can go on is your lack of bench and proper gym work, which is enough to explain ridiculous results.

But you do know that testosterone isn't steroids, right?

Testosterone is a steroid.

Except I never do a 1 rep max because it seems like a good way to injure myself, so I am not trying to compare to other peoples' one rep maxes. I have no idea what my 1RM is.

And yes, I am intentionally trying to compare to people the same hieght and weight as I am. Whether someone is better looking than me is irrelevant.

I have never read any serious body building resource that claims barbells are better than dumb bells. Only that once you get really strong dumb bells become impractical.

I doubt you're 2 years older than me. I'm 34.

My diet is good. When I used to count calories/macros I was pretty obsessive about it. Nowadays, I just try to get at least a veggie shake a day and eat healthy food in general.

I never found the obsessive calorie/macro counting made much difference.

>How long until I am a normie again?

Sounds like you have mediocre genetics and a horrible program.

Join a gym and get on a proper program.

>But you do know that testosterone isn't steroids, right?

It's a sex hormone. Use your fucking brain

>Sounds like you have mediocre genetics and a horrible program.

Agreed with the genetics part. I haven't been able to play on a team sport since I was 10 or 11. Always too short/weak/scrawny.

>Join a gym and get on a proper program.

Never found any difference with that. Main problems with gyms:

- You have to drive there and get changed which kills an hour of time all by itself.
- You have to stare in a mirror for 1 hour which is brutal if you have a fucked up face.
- If you go to a popular gym you're surrounded by Chads and Stacys which is awful.

Been there done that. It's not like the weights at the gym "work better" than the weights at home. It's all just weight you're lifting. Rather do it in peace and privacy.

200lb after 6 month SS and 6 month Texas method. Same height and 160 lbs. No idea about body fat. Never lifted before. You just have giant misconceptions about training. Literally every one of your posts is retarded. Get a grip.

Steroid means any molecule with a steroid ring system. I'm a pharmacist you fucking idiot.

Testosterone is a natural steroid. There are also synthetic steroids. Not all steroids are synthetic.

I've read entire books on weight lifting. eg. Dan Duchaine's Body Opus. I don't think I'm uneducated at all on the subject.

Forgot to say the 200lbs are 3x5, 3x8 I've done 3x8 with 180 a couple of weeks back. I'm not a serious lifter by any means. Chellange your ways man.

i have used this approach and have never got a bad reaction, ever. i've done it like 25 times.

basically i do this:

1. do a yad stop.
>her mentality at this point is "who's this guy, wtf"
2. say "don't worry, i'm not going to mug you" while making eye contact, and not in a humorless fashion. typically this gets a cautious smile or sometimes a laugh. it relieves much of the awkwardness of having a stranger accost you.
>her mentality at this point is "okay..."
3. say "hey, do you you know how to use a smartphone?" while holding yours up. she will always say yes. then say "well, i just got this phone, and i think it's bugged or something. this will be really quick, do you think you could help me?" 95% of the time she will say yes. if she says no, it's no biggie -- you avoided a big embarrassment. if she says "blahblah i've got to be at X place" and she's in a hurry it's your choice whether to keep her or let her go. i say let her go.
>her mentality at this point is: "okay..."

>Except I never do a 1 rep max because it seems like a good way to injure myself
Then you're a double idiot.

>And yes, I am intentionally trying to compare to people the same hieght and weight as I am
No, you're being autistic and anal past the point of irrelevance. 1RM from someone within a few inches of your height is a perfectly fair comparison regardless of 99% of other factors.

>I have never read any serious body building resource that claims barbells are better than dumb bells. Only that once you get really strong dumb bells become impractical.
Exactly. Are you being autistic on purpose or just trying to annoy people? More weight = more gains, stop ignoring reality.

>I doubt you're 2 years older than me. I'm 34.
I misread thinking you were 30, I'm 32.

>My diet is good. When I used to count calories/macros I was pretty obsessive about it. Nowadays, I just try to get at least a veggie shake a day and eat healthy food in general.
So long as you're eating your sticky proteins the rest is mostly irrelevant

Literally every sensible piece of advice and information in this thread you've had a counter or answer for, or found a reason to shit all over.

You're an idiot and your results are poor as a result.

Joining a gym is about the best thing you can do.

There is nothing special about starting strength or "texas method". They're just memes that came out with the internet for saying exactly what everyone's been doing in the gym for decades. ie. Weight lifting common sense.

Just because you got incredible fast results doesn't mean someone else will too.

(cont.)
4. now you say "okay, one sec" and you turn your phone on and pretend to screw with it for 5 sec, but you've previously opened it to the contacts page. then you pass your phone at waist level (don't shove it in her face or something). then the line. tell her: "okay, put your number in there."
>her mentality at this point is: "okay..."
5. funnily, she'll begin putting her number in your phone due to foot-in-the-door principle and the wait the brain makes successive approximations of what it will comply with (ie, if she says yes once she imagines she's about to say yes to what you're about to say next). also, humans will brainlessly grab things you put at waist-level. at this point this seems creepy and manipulative, but your goal ISN'T TO GET HER NUMBER YET. wait a beat for humor's sake, then laugh and say "i was totally joking." at this point she will be SEARCHING YOUR FACE FOR YOUR INTENTION SO MAKE EYE CONTACT AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE SMILING/LAUGHING. "i just saw you from over there *point in the direction you came from* and i thought you were pretty cute, so i had to come and talk to you." she will think it's hilarious at this point.
>her mentality at this point is: "omg what was i doing lmao omg this guy is hitting on me"
6. then begin talking to her normally and getting to know her. you can slow down at this point. the best question to work your way toward at the beginning is "tell me something cool about you." gets her qualifying to you and you get to talk about something she's passionate about if she brings up a hobby. you can joke about how easily she would've given you her number. later, if it goes well, actually ask for it.
>her mentality at this point is: "hahaha wtf this guy's hitting on me this is pretty good"

> Examples include the dietary lipid cholesterol,
> the sex hormones estradiol and testosterone > and the anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone.

Literally the second sentence in Wikipedia's article about Steroids. You use your brain, fuckwit!

>Joining a gym is about the best thing you can do.

Except you seem to ignore the fact that I have had gym memberships for literally years out of my life. I've been going to gyms 3-5x/week for at least 7 years of my life.

I get no different results at home. So I'm not going now.

WEIGHTS WORK THE SAME AT HOME OR AT THE GYM.

There is no fucking difference.

And I haven't seen anyone suggest anything except:

- Work out 5x/week for 90 minutes.

Which I will work toward trying. Previously everything I have read says 3-4x/week is more ideal. I used to do 3-4x/week weights and then alternating with rowing machine on off days. That didn't change anything either.

There is literally no argument in favor of barbells over dumbbells. If you think there is, post it.

I'll give you credit. It's pretty creative sounding. Maybe if I can build my confidence back up to where it was the last time I was able to do this cold approach stuff I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

*also take your phone back after you say "i was totally joking" in #5

i'm ALSO a 5'8" manlet and don't lift at all, and i've gotten 4 solid friends, a couple fair-weather friends and 2 lays out of this in 25 approaches. not a bad haul.

> Joining a gym is about the best thing you can do.
How is that going to change anything, if his program and understanding of lifting is shit? Gyms just want you to pay your membership as long as possible. They don't care about your progress. Most gym programs will not take you beyond your novice gains.

Are you white or good looking? That's a ridiculously good outcome for cold approach.

are you this insecure you get bothered by the mere existance of other people at the gym.

sweet. yeah it just sounds like you've just had bad experiences. which, understandably, can crush your self-confidence.

with this you just have to make it to the selling point of "i was totally joking". and make sure to talk as slow as needed to not become a stuttering clusterfuck. then it's pretty easy after that. if you need help after that, think of some questions ahead of time. the "tell me one cool thing about you" one is fucking killer though. saved my ass so many times when i forgot my other ones, and it can open up into a 10 minute plus convo just on that question and questions stemming from it.

Do you have deformed jaws and a weird hairline? Are you short and scrawny?

No? Okay then don't tell me what it's like staring into a wall sized mirror for an hour 5 times a week while surrounded by 6' monsters with perfect faces.

i'm both white and a 6.5 or 7/10 facially. i dress well. girls i'm dating typically call me "cute" not "omg so hawt" or anything. when they're in love with me they eventually do call me hawt, but that's love talking

>Except you seem to ignore the fact that I have had gym memberships for literally years out of my life.
No, it's precisely why I'm suggesting it.

>I get no different results at home. So I'm not going now.
I find that hard to believe unless you're not listening to people and doing the same stupid shit you're already doing.

>WEIGHTS WORK THE SAME AT HOME OR AT THE GYM.
>There is no fucking difference.
Except gym has a bench and a barbell and people with a clue.

>And I haven't seen anyone suggest anything except:
>There is literally no argument in favor of barbells over dumbbells. If you think there is, post it.
Then you've ignored a good 80% of the thread.

Whatever we suggest you're going to find reasons to dump on it or shit all over the results either way so do whatever you want and fuck you.

From what I recall the largest majority of my cold approaches got met with "I have a boyfriend" within 30 seconds of opening.

I used to use opinion openers. That was over a decade ago now before this stuff became cliche.

Last time I tried cold approach in a bar was on a Halloween a few years ago. Opened about 8 girls with witty comments on their costumes. Despite them finding it funny, they all shot me down rudely/coldly within another 10 seconds or so.

Cold approach sucks unless you're at least physically attractive.

>i'm both white and a 6.5 or 7/10 facially. i dress well. girls i'm dating typically call me "cute" not "omg so hawt" or anything.

Well that explains it.

I'm a 3/10 facially and not white.

You're right, I assumed he might actually listen to reason and other people or at the very least attempt to bench press and make real progress.

I realise now he just wants to shit all over common sense and reality for whatever reason

There's allot of bullshit and misinformation out there. SS or TM are not special at all, not even optimal. They are simply a reasonable starting point for beginners (early intermediates), who have no idea (a.k.a me). I agree it's common sense. As is pushing your limits every once in a while. OP literally said, he never tried a 1RM because he's afraid of injury and he doesn't like to lift heavy. He also said other retard stuff.

need pic to judge.

> Whatever we suggest you're going to find reasons to dump on it or shit all over the results either way so do whatever you want and fuck you.

Thank you for that. OP is a huge retard, who shouldn't ask questions if he is ignoring the answers.

When I went to the last gym I was at, the only difference was they had those great free motion pulley machines which are fantastic for tricep isolation extensions and other smaller muscle isolations.

All the guys in the gym do the exact same exercsies as me. It's not complicated.

Bench, incline, decline, rows, pullups/downs, squats, deadlifts.

Then you can do finer muscle groups if you have time/energy - curls, triceps, delt flies, etc.

Don't act like lifting weights is so fucking complicated or gyms have magic fairies to make you a hulk.

Again, post one compelling piece of research or theory that says barbells are better than dumbbells.

>OP literally said, he never tried a 1RM because he's afraid of injury and he doesn't like to lift heavy. He also said other retard stuff.

I *AM* the OP (the person you're replying to) and yes, 1RM is retarded because it's a good way to injure yourself for no good reason.