Why don't i feel shit in my chest when i do chest flys and chest press?

why don't i feel shit in my chest when i do chest flys and chest press?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XYorEg_B1e8
youtube.com/watch?v=aio63xO-T2Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should feel it the next day. If not, you aren't lifting enough or not enough volume.

/thread

fix your form

DOMS are in no way related to muscle gains. Please don't post anymore

either weight too low
or
form too bad

the first is self explanatory.

the second... you must be using your tris or shoulders instead of chest. mind muscle connection bruh, feel the squeeze.

in most online videos people say "you should feel the stretch" but i don't feel anything. is it because i have good flexibility?

and no, i don't feel shit even the next day even if i do 3x15. i only feel that shit in my forearms during set and i have to stop once the burning gets too much.

t. Medhi

You should feel a stretch. Tell us what you're doing in specific.

Just do cable crossovers. Problem solved.

Because you don't know how to flex your chest. You're still using your anterior deltoids to move the weight and not learning how to properly flex your pectoralis major muscles.

You don't need to lift weights to learn this mind-muscle connection. Practice this at home or when you're not doing anything. The pectoralis major muscles run from your sternum to your lesser tuberosity of humerus. That means to contract the muscle, you must lessen the distance between your humerus and sternum. Learn how to activate your chest by repeating this movement and focusing on the contraction. You'll learn over time.

ignore this post OP

I felt that shit doing flyes with 30 lb dumbbells, check your form

This. Retracting the shoulder blades also help.

if i don't feel it should i use a closer grip or wider

Err he is right. There is no proof that doms mean you are getting gains. If that were the case one thousand reps with a 1 pould dumbbell would make you the biggest person around.

well for chest press and flys i set bench to incline at less than 30 deg. i don't do chest press with weights at almost 90 deg with my torso but like this youtube.com/watch?v=XYorEg_B1e8 (2:48) because it feels more natural. didn't feel shit in chest either when i did it the normal way either.

for flys youtube.com/watch?v=aio63xO-T2Q it looks like this at 2:00.

hard to get form bad with such simple exercises don't you think? or maybe i'm the biggest gym idiot

Wtf even happened in this picture?

closer grip - more load distributed to tris.
wider - chest.
If you go too wide, you are sacrificing some ROM, making exercise sorta useless, so don't go much wider past neutral (hands at 90 degrees with the floor)

>I don't know what DOMS is

No i looked it up on "know your meme" but i couldnt find it so i tried "urban dictionary" and i know what it is

try doing that shit where you move your tits up and down like the black guy from the old spice commercials.

t. Medhi

i never understand how the bag filled up with piss

unless all the recent sewage was pee and it backed up through the urinal

Delayed
Muscle
Onset
Sorness

Learn to google mate, I searched "DOMS fitness" and its the entire first page atleast.

lmao fucked the order.

lrn2epic memetexting buddy I was pointing out that what he was describing is not DOMS