Are ex-Warsaw pact countries morally obligated to be thankful to Soviet union (and modern Russia)/Red army for...

Are ex-Warsaw pact countries morally obligated to be thankful to Soviet union (and modern Russia)/Red army for liberating them because otherwise they could end up being enslaved or genocided by Nazi Germany?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v40LBZtM5_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They would rather have had the Americans push as far as possible before the Soviets could annex them.

Nazi Germany would've never happened in the first place if Trotsky took over SU.

that's unrelated, fuck off
Americans trusted soviet union though

>mfw literally all of them went into the loving embrace of America the moment the iron curtain fell

>Americans trusted soviet union though
Alright? Eastern Europe would've rather had America come up on the Germans from behind rather than the Soviets doing it and enslaving Eastern Europeans in the process, or just kicking out the Soviets.

that's how you think 70 years ago
but im sure that back then people just wanted the war to end and they didn't really really care who would conquer berlin and end their suffering

meant to write 70 years later

>liberated
>more than half of those joined the nazis willingly

>thank god we're not dead and only slaves to a paranoid totalitarian regime for eternity
>while the guys a few hundred kilometers away got legitimately liberated and don't have to live in fear
>this is fine

>willingly
You mean by orchestrating coups all over Eastern Europe?

That's like saying African slaves should be happy they were taken by Europeans and not the Arabs.

>coups
no, the people themselves threw off the chains p on them by their soviet imperial masters

When I think of what Hungary, Poland, Czechia etc would look like today without having been under gommunism, i cri

>the people themselves threw off the chains

would be shitholes as all of these countries need to be ruled by smart foreigners preferably of nordic germanic origin to be successful

youtube.com/watch?v=v40LBZtM5_M

>Thief comes and tries to rob you
>Then a murderer comes and tries to kill you
>Thief doesn't care as long as he gets his booty
>Then the murderer decides to kill you both, but thief overcomes him
>Thief still robs you

Are you morally obliged to be thankful to the thief?

Yes, thank God for Burger King, what was our lives before we had capitalism

WIELKI CZLOWIEK BYL

>I'd rather be tortured by an arbitrary dictatorship than allow people in my country to voluntarily eat at Burger King of their own volition
pure autism, talk to your family for once

>sure being subjugated by violent communist ideologues who murder, torture, and imprisoned people, but the alliance with America has led to fast food restaurants being established here!

why do europoors say this stupid shit as if its insightful?

We were waiting in a queue for bread. Just a few more hours!

yeah, i fuck with the soviet union

>implying
SU would have collapsed in the 1920s

Yes they are. Polish attitudes toward Russia are appalling.

This does not excuse Soviet abuses however.

Really Makes You Think

The thumbnail looks like an anime girl with a creepy smile.

More like grinning, I guess.

lol, many of those states welcomed the nazis (at first) because they hated the SU

no it doesnt. please stop spamming this everywhere you paranoid dullard

They should be thankful to Russia, but not the Socviet Union.

>Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania
You mean the countries that cooperated with the Reich and participated in Barbarossa?
>Poland
Yeah, I'm sure they were really thankful for the Soviets invading and then """liberating""" them.
>GDR
lol
Get real, man

Bless you, bless the church, and bless His Holiness Pope John Paul the Second!

We were allied to Germany.

They spent the years between 1945 - 1989 being thankful while being the bitches of the Soviet Union, isn't that enough?

>because otherwise they could end up being enslaved or genocided by Nazi Germany?

Not really, if they had stopped at the borders of Poland, the Western Allies would had beaten Germans in a few month, the German deportations won't happen, Poland would be still big, Hungary would have fair borders, and most of all, all of these countries would never have 40 years of communism which gimped their chance to be Western a lot.

No. Americans could have liberated Czechoslovakia days before Soviets thus preventing unnecessary slaughter of civilians.

Can't speak for the other two, but Bulgaria did not send soldiers on the Eastern front. The Bulgarian army was not taking an active part of the war.