Diet soda

Diet soda

Yes or no

Yes
It helps curb desire for sugar/carbs without actually having calories

All this "Hur aspartame gives you cancer" is bullshit.
That's only in rats who have like 10000 litres of coke equivalent directly injected into them

Yes

Anything in moderation is fine. This includes diet soda, alcohol, hardcore drugs like heroin and meth, etc. The question is keeping your use moderate. Can you drink a diet soda once a day or less, or do you need to drink several in a day? Can you drink a glass of wine and then stop, or do you have to finish the bottle?

I think a more appropriate question is, "is diet soda a wise choice for ME?" Because at the end of the day, you know your limits better than a homosexual bodybuilding forum.

>hardcore drugs like heroin and meth

Wow, I think you're getting ahead of yourself here

Are you retarded or something?

if you're cool with all the xenoestrogens in the can itself and have no qualms about the safety of aspartame, then go for it

personally, after 10 years of consuming an average of 6-10 cans of the stuff a day, i'm done. i'm literally addicted to the stuff, it's difficult for me to resist having one. also, the shit really fucks with your teeth.

for me it just comes down to: why take any chances? just drink fucking water like every human being that ever lived how we evolved to live. don't know what the fuck is in this shit and if you blindly trust anyone who tells you it's safe, then go ahead.

>When a fatty tells you "I'd never put that in my body"

also, imagine that your body is a sponge or filter. now imagine the total amount of cans of this stuff you would have over a lifetime if you just have 2 or even 1 can a day. now imagine running every single drop of diet soda through the sponge/filter that is your body. i hope that the stuff was COMPLETELY safe and HARMLESS and that there were no adverse effects whatsoever caused by any chemical in it, because otherwise you can bet your bottom dollar that it affected you somehow.

We're not sponges though, we filter out shit. The good parts keep themselves intact and the rest comes out in shit, dead skin, piss, sweat, etc.

>aspartame

Oh look, it's this argument again... You'd have to drink something like 100,000 diet sodas in a row to get any kind of harmful/lethal dosage

Did you know too much of anything is bad for you? Including water?

sure, our bodies naturally filter out a TON of shit. but our bodies aren't a magical filter for everything. mercury for example your body can't deal with at all and just royally fucks your shit up.

>for me it just comes down to: why take any chances?

Yeah why go outside, so much scary shit happens out there too

lol ok bud that's exactly what i was arguing, hurr don't overdose on apsartame!!

nice strawman.

but seriously, if you're so enamored of diet soda then i wish all the luck and hope you enjoy every sip you ever take. i also hope for your sake that there's not a single harmful chemical in it.

drink the stuff all you want.

there are some things that are impossible to avoid in the course of living a normal life, going outside is one them.

drinking diet soda is not.

enjoy every sip.

You just compared diet soda with mercury, in order to prove that our bodies are "sponges" that retain every food/drink we consume in our entire lives. I want you to let that sink in for a few seconds.

>buy club soda
>0 calories
>buy mio/flavored drink mixes with 0 calories
>its like drinking pop of flavors you thought didnt exist

I used to drink the stuff all the time a 12 pack a day then when cold turkey. I can honestly tell you I didn't notice much in terms of feeling better though I find that after I diet pop I notice intense cravings for actual carbs would come and make my cut a lot harder. I also noticed that I got the same withdraw effects from diet pop that I did smoking and I would drink normal pop with caffeine and it wouldn't satisfy the craving.

That's just my experience though.

wow Veeky Forums, rocketing into the 21st century with the up-to-date nutrition information, what's happening to the board I once knew?

>enjoy every sip

Yes. Any search for how bad diet soda is for you just returns a bunch of momscience. The worst thing you can say about it is it might make you prefer sweet foods, but if you're aware of that and don't head right to the store to buy a cheesecake after every soda you're fine. It's fizzy water and a bunch of irrelevant shit.

diet soda tastes like shit, just drink the real stuff 2bh pham

>soda

no
soda is for children

>drinking sweet drinks
not gonna make it

If you're hardcore, then no. Just drink water.

If you want to be a normie, then yes. It's an acceptable replacement for regular soda if you want to treat yourself. However remember that it is first and foremost a treat, and should not replace water in your fluid intake.

>soda of any kind
just say no
>oh it don't hurt nothin'
just say no

I drink a gallon of diet mountain dew knockoff a day, and the only negative side effects I have noticed are all caffeine related: jitters, being somewhat paranoid, and staying very awake. I sometimes question what its doing to my brain, but my blood pressure is normal, and its like 95% water and I'm healthier than the majority of most americans (which isn't really that hard)

This

do you guys take pride in struggling to achieve your goals? fitness is easy, do whatever you want, just be smart and budget macros accordingly

That could be a picture of me.

The acid could hurt your teeth in the long run, but such is the case for most drinks other than water and milk. But that's about the only concern.

raises ur insulin levels because of a chemical response in the body to the heightened level of sweetness (2-3 times sweeter than white sugar)
then everything you eat will make u fatter as a side effect, which is why so many landplanets only get bigger once they drink it

>his addiction to soda is so strong he compares it to schedule 1 drugs like heroin and meth and has convinced himself that everything is fine to feed his cravings.
wew

yes

I'm already fit, the struggle is to go beyond. It's really more of a hobby for me than anything.

You're an idiot and you can't even read the studies you're trying to cite properly. That study says that the sweetness may cause cravings which can cause people to eat/drink sweet shit with actual sugar that'll make them go over on calories, but the diet sodas don't have any direct impact if you're not retarded. Aspartame has zero direct impact on insulin.

No. Artificial sweeteners are a trap.

It's not about struggling, it's about habits. If you don't have a habit of drinking coke, eating fast food or stuffing your face with cookies whenever you feel bad, it won't be a struggle for you not to do any of the above. To remove a habit is a struggle, however, but the necessary one.

This is more harmful than diet soda

Severely retarded people ffs

Really?

I have a scoop every day...

There are only two type of people who drink soda:

>children
>Americans

If you are neither don't drink that shit

>soda

no

great for keeping your stomach "full" when cutting

fucked my teeth up though. can't exactly recommend it

So much bullshit in one post kys

This is really the number 1 reason to avoid drinking excessive amounts of soda, diet or otherwise.

The acid will fuck your teeth up badly.

no, you should only drink diet soda up until you can quit sugary drinks altogether

No, but if you absolutely must drink soft drink for some reason, it's obviously way better than the regular kind.

t. yellow teeth but not fat

Hi mom.

No, children shouldn't be drinking soda

Diet coke taste far better than the normal kind.

No.
Water or tea, faggits. And if you're going to cave and drink a soda, drink the fat-people soda like the fat-person you are.