Most underrated lifts

ITT: we post lifts that are highly effective, and extremely underrated.

My personal pick is reverse grip bench press.

smith machine snatches

Sumo rdl and box squat for reps(6-10)
obviously accessorys though.

what does it do that normal bench doesnt do

you should do these but with suicide grip so you die you fucking inbred

Also single arm deadlift, literally the best forearm strength exercise of all time
(You)

Incline bench increases clavicular pectoralis activation by 5%
Reverse grip increases clavicular activation by 30%

So basically it is 6 times more effective at targeting your upper chest.
Also really good for tricep development, and preventing shoulder and elbow pain associated with regular benching.

i might try adding it as an accessory after i bench for real

More upper chest. People usually do incline for upper chest, but it's been shown that the difference between incline and flat bench is negligible while reverse grip has significantly more upper chest activation

It is by no means an entire replacement for bench, unless you really have some shoulder issues that prevent regular benching...
But it is like incline bench on steroids

heavy negative anything

Heavy push press with a slow eccentric is the #1 best exercise for a stronger ohp

How much of a manlet does somebody have to be to do a standing overhead anything in a smith machine, or inside of a rack for that matter?

Do you have to alternate the hand you're reversing between sets? This sounds awesome. I don't have a setup for doing incline bench but this thing is like a cheat code to hit upper chest? Awesome.

You invert both

Dumb bell rows are awesome

Oh, I see I'm retarded. Didn't look closely enough at the photo.

2scary4me
What if I drop it on my neck? At least with normal grip if it falls it's going on my chest my arms are in the way.

Zercher chicken walks and overhead deadlifts

Dis nigga. Heavy push press is the greatest

Don't suicide grip, and if you drop heavy weight on your neck at least you'll die quick instead of from two collapsed lungs and your heart being butt fucked by a broken rib. Any lift has dangers lol, the hobby is inherently risky. What I do is I bench in the squat rack and I set the safety bars to be even with my chest laying flat, so that when I arch my back they don't get in the way and I can just relax and slip out if I drop the weight. Zero chance of it hitting me.

80lbs will crush your throat, I don't think I can bench enough to crush my chest yet, I only do 2pl8 for my reps.
Squat rack sounds good though,

Floor press
Landmine presses while sitting

If any of you don't know this is bait.

If you try this its basically natural selection at its finest.

Klokov Presses
T-bar Rows

Lel are you afraid to OHP because your arms might break backwards and your head goes directly beneath the bar too?

Idk, it's definitely a real exercise, plenty of shit comes up when I google it. Plus, jokes on you. I've got a power rack, so, I'm basically invincible.

It looks meme-y but reverse grip bench is great. It puts more of the weight on your triceps.

fucking this.

sots press

do you do it flat or slightly inclined?

ive seen it done both ways

OP here, it is most definitely not bait.

It is literally the GOAT upper chest exercise.
And objectively safer than bench.
Try researching it, you silly fagnigger

It ain't possible to unrack on your own is it.?

>reverse grip incline bench

is this even possible?

there is literally a guy at my gym who benches more than 400 pounds and he does this reverse grip thing a lot for some reason

Deflated hollow rock is GOAT

Greg are you posting about yourself again?

Yes but overrated.
It doesn't do much more than flat reverse, except you have to lower the weight even further

kek

>six times more effective
you're a moron, learn some basic mathematics

stupidest post on Veeky Forums in the last 10 min.

rofl

fitness industry is going too far...

What does deflated mean?

Twice as effective
>10%
Four times more effective
>20%
Six times more effective
>30%

Lel

topkek

dumb cunt, its a 25% difference, or 1.25 times as effective

OBLITERATE YOUR SPINE WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK

FITNESS TRAINERS HATE HIM

>1.25 x 5% = 30%
Seems legit

except it is accurate

are their any good tutorials on the single arm dead? I can't find how to do it anywhere

snatch grip deadlift hits my lats like nothing else

Hack squat

By those numbers it's 16 times more effective.

>objectively safer than bench