How good is a 275 pound bench in all honesty? IMO its okay, but nothing impressive...

How good is a 275 pound bench in all honesty? IMO its okay, but nothing impressive. 315 on the other hand is pretty legit. What does Veeky Forums think a decent bench is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s40r6rBIN3g?t=2m57s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

225 is 90th percentile.

275 is prob 99th percentile

How much do you weigh?

How's the form?

Reps? Sets?

I think that says a lot more than wiggling it up once.

198 last time I weighed myself

Maybe for the average person, but for the average lifter there is no way 225 is the 90th percentile

Why is benching so fucking hard? How much should I be raising weight by and how often should I go up? My last session I did 185 5x3 and I've been stalling at that weight

>Maybe for the average person, but for the average lifter there is no way 225 is the 90th percentile

It is. The studies have been done.

can u cite em?

DYEL tier

skipt to 2:57 youtu.be/s40r6rBIN3g?t=2m57s

guy is 5'9 175-180 lbs ( 175 cm 80 kgs )

>tfw 22 and my bench is still gradually rising

I should be maxing over 405 in a month or two

>Jesus
What are your stats and program/s

really depends. 275 is much more than most normies can do, and much less than most serious powerlifters can do.

Not him but it's honestly not that hard to believe. Most guys don't even work out and probably can't even push up 1 pl8. For guys that do workout(somewhat decently) on a relatively normal level it can be accepted as the norm. I can go into a packed mall tomorrow and tell that 90%+ of the dudes there cannot bench 2pl8's nonetheless for reps.

I've never had a "program" really. I started out benching when I was 15 or so, could barely do the bar, consistently kept at it, hit puberty, got a better routine, kept going up in weight.

I'm 6'3, 220 lbs., about 14-15% bodyfat. I'm not sure why I can push so much, other guys seem to peak sooner

I do chest twice a week, 4 sets flat BB, 3 sets flat DB, 4 sets incline DB

Also I like to keep my rep range from 5-10, maybe one heavy set at 3-4 reps for BB

I don't disbelieve this, but I would love to see the citations. I could use the spirit uplift.

>Maybe for the average person

You... you honestly believe the average person can bench 225lbs?

I know e-statting is super-popular but outside of powerlifting gyms not many people can bench 225 with full ROM (no significant arch, bouncing, etc)

Im 18 and started lifting at 15 but most of it was meme shit.
I started to lift serously like a year and a half ago and have a 180 dead, 150 squat, 110 bench
Also 83 kg 178cm

No i'm saying 225 would be the 90th percentile for normal people. 99 percent of people who don't lift probably can't bench 225.

Oh okay that makes sense

still though i think 225 is pretty good depending on your bodyweight, definitely above average for regular gymgoers

Tfw I'm younger than when you first started and I have better stats than you
>inb4 underage b&

Pretty impressive to the layperson, just hitting okay tier for people who actually lift.

Agreed.

can u post ti- chest?

A decent bench is anything heavier than you pressed the last time.

possibly form issues, might help having someone critique your form, or set up a camera to see where you're going wrong. my right should used to do this weird fucked up thing where it would raise up to my neck with every rep - once i deloaded and focused on keeping it even with my left shoulder, the weight started going back up again.

1,5 x BW is respectable.

2 x BW if you are a manlet (Short arms pretty much cuts the ROM in half)

Depends if you actually bench or do shit like pic related.

This. This x1000
Push your OWN LIMITS Veeky Forums
Stop caring what others think of you, and how your lifts stack up to others.

This.

Life has no peaks, just an infinite climb.

anything under 400 is shit tier

I have been stuck on 125 lbs bench press for over a month now

I have no idea what I am doing wrong (1 month into SS at the moment, alternating between bench and ohp)

Niall?

>what I am doing wrong
Apparently everything

my deadlift went from 50kg to 100kg in 1 month, squats from 40 to 85kg. It's only bench press.

Depends how long you've been training. I don't understand why people argue over what's "good" and "bad". I'm not gonna compare someone who's been lifting for 10 years to someone who's been lifting 2 weeks.

I wasn't talking about your squats or diddlys. Most likely you bench form is bad

Are those lifts in kg?

unfortunately yes it's such a pitty, can't wait for my book to arrive (had to order from amazon.com and i am from denmark)

Not sure mate. I felt really good when I hit 225 the first time. These days I'm pumping out 315 for triples and 245 for high volume work. I don't have the highest bench at my gym, but I'm in the top 10% and it's a fairly serious bodybuilding gym (not powerlifting, so I wouldn't really compare those numbers to power lifting numbers).
I'd say if you're training casually or in bodybuilding, 225 comfortably is a really solid bench, but if you're training for strength or power lifting it's not quite as impressive.

Extra 40lbs seems arbitrary especially since OP is asking what is a decent bench but doesn't include height or weight. I know they wanted a vague idea but if you're a few inches shorter that 40lbs extra will be way more difficult to obtain.

is that D. Va

Watch Rippetoe's videos on youtube

Stalling at 210 bench. 205 was easy and last week i tried 210 and failed cause my shoulder hurt so i didnt want to risk it. But this week i feel fine and i simply cannot move past this.

is this the natty limit?

why is that faggot mix gripping with straps

>be new
>see guy doing 2pl8 bench
>wow that so much
>later even more bigger guy does 3pl8 for 10repz
>wow amazing
>later even MORE bigger guy does 4pl8 for 10reps
>lmao what!!!
>later even BIGGER guy does 4.5pl8 for 10reps
>this has to be a joke

really made me think guys

The truth is that at a 2pl8 bench your push is so explosive that people fall back 5m when you push them. No one will argue that you are not strong, also, you can muscle 99% of people tonthe ground if you are 6'1 and bench 2pl8.

It's height+strength=best position to fight

Depends on weight class, but for human weight classes, 180+kg.

5 Rep max is probably around 210 or so, currently on a cut so thats not going up, but only been lifting since the summer.

>decent bench
>lists competitive powerlifting numbers
Man you fucking retards must have fat growing in your brains

it's pretty damn good among the general gymgoing population, i've seen very few people legitimately bench 275 without a spotter rowing it up or half repping

It doesnt matter. There will always be someone who outlifts me and I will always feel like a dyel irregardless of me doing some retarded power poses. Also I am too afraid of turning in my natty card, I would be to self-conscious of the health risks associated with it.