Do i really need 8 hours of sleep?

Do i really need 8 hours of sleep?
6 and a half is the max i can do.
Will i lose my gainz?

Other urls found in this thread:

mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/thunderNoiseGenerator.php
howsleepworks.com/types_cycles.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You need as much sleep as you can get it, your body eats it all up there is no limit, in an ideal world I would sleep 20 hours a day, eat for one hour and lift for 3. Sleeping less is like lifting or eating less.

>sleep for 20h
I really hope you're joking

learn to manage your time

lol no

after 8 hours its too much and i dont feel rested i feel dreary

Too much sleep is just as bad for your health as too little sleep

>20 hours a day

1/3 of your day should be spent sleeping, for adults.

Your gains won't be as good, but you have to do the best you can with the time you have. My schedule is very tight and I rarely get a full 8 hr rest but I still make progress on my body.

enjoy looking like you don't lift

>not doing the 21-2-1

How do I get more and better sleep?

For the past few years I've been having sleepless nights almost every day. Usually I manage to fall asleep, but then I will wake up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep.

I figure with 20 hours sleep I could go three hours easy, full body every day.

I sleep so bad and so little that when I went to the sleep clinic, I didn't sleep long enough for them to gather any meaningful data about why I can't sleep.

Still make gains fine.

> sleepless nights almost every day. Usually I manage to fall asleep, but then I will wake up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep.

same here since last week, I can't sleep more than 5 hours lately
I blame stress

do you guys exercise in the evening? if so go in the morning instead. working out few hours before bed will keep you awake.

if you are on your computer a lot install f.lux and it will help some. what helped me the most to fall asleep is putting mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/thunderNoiseGenerator.php on speakers. for some reason the sound of rain and thunder makes me fall asleep instantly. the site has a large selection of sounds and maybe something will make you sleepy.

>sleep like a rock for 10 hours a night.
>could easily do 12

they say it's depression.

Not that user but just installed flux. Looks amazing and makes my display way easier on my eyes. Thanks for the tip.

I workout in the mornings and already have f.lux

I usually sleep 7-8 hours like a log np, but the finals and this girl in my class throwing hints at me are stressing me up.

I'm hoping once I'm done with the finals and she notices my autism I'll go back to my usual sleep schelude

That's actually so tragic it's hilarious.

>sleepless nights almost every day.
>sleepless nights - day.
>night - day

That could be the source of your problem friendo, are you trying to sleep in direct sunlight? Try sleeping when it is dark.

I normally sleep like shit, but a while ago I started smoking a bit of dope to help get to sleep.

Has seemed to work well

Not sleeping a healthy 14-16 hours per day.
When will sleeplets learn

you do know there is an optimal amount of everything?
enjoy your lethargy

Unfortunately this guy advocating 'infinite' sleep exists so he's convolutng my point already with trolls HOWEVER...

Anyways I've wondered the same and researched a lot and learned 9 hours is the ideal if possible and YES it makes a difference (according to studies)

this shows REM cycles and can help explain why longer sleep is 'better'. I've actually debated getting a device that wakes you up after a REM cycle instead of during because that's the main reason to feel tired after a sleep.

Haven't bothered because well there's a lot of stuff I should do haha.

I just wanna round out my comment;

I'm 30 now and notice I can't just avoid sleep as easily as I could before.

I used to be a NEET playing video games 24/7 person and would stay up 3-5 days without sleep at least once a month.

I just wanted to convey how much I HATED sleep before. I think it's a waste of time that I have to par take in.

The 8-9hrs a day is just what I have seen recommended over and over through studies and is for peak mental performance etc. You can survive on 6 or less but you won't be 100% and as you get older it will be harder to yolo no sleep forever.

>this shows REM cycles

forgot my link

howsleepworks.com/types_cycles.html