ITT: Historical heroes you would've followed until the very end

ITT: Historical heroes you would've followed until the very end

>breathes in
>breathes out
>war of spanish succession

one of the few who actually knew what he was doing and didn't fail within his lifetime

fuck, you ahead me

God I really wish he had won. Why did he have to chimp out over the Russians breaking the trade embargo? Why did he have to put his stupid ass relatives in charge of anything?

i cry every fucking time

Nobody can defeat russians except themselves or mongols

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Timothy Dexter.

the weak should fear the strong

larpagans plz go

>early feudalism
>another barracks emperor
>sired corrupt and inept children that subsequently went to war with each other following his death
>regularly murdered/purged his own family

he was a douche

Is there any record of what he said before the charge at Vienna?

>ywn slay Danes with Aelfred

>"Forth! and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise! Riders of God! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! a sword day! a red day! ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending! DEATH! DEATH! DEATH!"

>t. maxentius

shit thats epic

its a quote from the lord of the rings you fucking idiot

T. Frenchie

Henry V
GOD FOR HARRY, ENGLAND, AND SAINT GEORGE!

He destroyed Prussia

Uhm sweetie...

>we told jack to bring a sword to Normandy and he actually did it, the absolute madman!

Until the very end

>early feudalism
How did he end up bringing about early fuedalism?

Had me for a second there.

Ave, true to Caesar

He built on the reforms put in place by Diocletian which saw a transition towards landed nobility presiding over lands worked by the lower class. Constantine had these people of the lower classes tied to the lands they worked, with their descendants also tied to the same lands.

this

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Because he had to try and damage Britain somehow. Any breach of the Continental System would completely undermine these aims, which is why he had to invade Portugal as well as le Russia

No Wilhelm II and Hitler killed Prussia. BMarck's actions meant that Prussia had the most power in the unified state of 1871.

The vast majority of Europe was still abiding by the continental system. I understand you've got to curb this kind of behavior as soon as it starts but really for such a disastrous series of events Russia breaking a fucking trade embargo being the causative event seems a bit ridiculous.

Napoleon did defeat the Russians plenty of times
It's not the Russians that are hard to defeat but Russia itself (hence why you can easily beat them as long as you don't invade)

Well the official reasoning was that the Treaty of Schonbrunn in 1809 had pressured the Russians into formulating plans for an assault on the Grand Duchy of Warsaw and so the assault was a pre-emptive strike.

You gotta remember that Alexander had essentially completely abandoned the Continental System in 1810, a direct contradiction of Napoleon's flagship policy to combat Britain. Of course it wasn't the sole trigger, but I think it probably was the amongst the most significant factors, along with the contest between Russia and France in eastern Europe.

Thats like the antithesis of Aurelius.
Everything is as the whole and as the ant goes to build the nest the emperor must real his fellow man. To do this without compassion is a sin against nature. Not egalitarian at all, but also not a retarded Hegelian power-for-power fuckboy.
But I agree, I would march to the end of the world for him.

>tfw I wasn't at Agincourt 25th October 1415

¡Oh, mío Cid!

You just Activated my trap card Japan.

That's the very American thing to say.

/ourgirl/

You want to see a guillotine in Picadilly square? You want your kids singing La Marseillaise?

iirc that photo was actually taken during a training exercise, although Churchill actually did it

this

*telports behind you*

Nothing personal

Men, reduced to tears, not of agony, but of heartfelt devotion, would have charged Hell itself for this man. And he would have led them.

>first in the East, the first in the West, and the greatest philosopher in the Western World

>that majestic beard

these

you know that's Caracalla and not Aurelian right?

I go to a university named after this guy and even the liberals think he was a cool guy
He was truly a great man

I can relate to this guy because I have a disability as well. just goes to show you that just because one is disabled doesn't mean that he's useless and can't do nothing. Even a king can be disabled and still be a successful figure.

Or this guy

Freedom or Death!

Go away john green

>You will never Btfo cathlicucks with this guy
>You will never see him become emperor
>Fucking fog.
It hurts.

Or any other son of Tolui except Ariq, fuck that nigga.

hurr forgot pic

>the city has fallen, but I am alive!
>ywn charge into the breach at the Kerkoporta behind this man just after receiving Holy Communion

I imagine myself in Gergovia, naked, leading my tribe. Our mission is to stop m*ds dogs from advancing. We mow down m*ds dogs but they keep coming. I draw my sword and begin slaughtering m*ds, since m*ds are way more psychically inferior to me, I slay them by dozens. Then I get shot by a ballista, but I didn't fall, I kept fighting. Then shot again and again. m*ds were shooting me from a distance like a cowards they are. I lie down, facing up to sky and I see ASTERIX (Toutatis) smiles at me, I smile back... Then I woke up, in GAUL, my homeland. My CELT brethren gave me a warm welcome to heaven. I finally made it, I finally made it into heaven..

If he hadn't been a man of his word and had released the Central Army on the commies after Xi'an, Asia would've looked a lot different

god-tier french

passing through

.... fuck

based

CAIVS

IVLIVS

CAESAR

Amen

Yes

>Nearing 100 posts and no one posted Hitler, even sarcastically
Even outside of /pol/, this seems weird

Had he worn Blue, there would have been statues of him on every corner.

>I will never protect John the fearless from the Dauphin
It hurts everyday

Did we finally get rid of /pol/?

Why do good men die early?

List includes:
>Washington
>Nappy
>Atatürk
>Plínio Salgado

I'm as much of a Plantagnetboo as any man but I would not follow him on his disaster campaigns in France. Agincourt really was a miracle, I can think of better things to do than shit myself to death in a field in Flanders.

Que buen vasallo que fuera si oviesse buen señor!

To the ends of the Earth