If SS is bullshit, what routine am I supposed to do? I'm only want to be thicc :/

If SS is bullshit, what routine am I supposed to do? I'm only want to be thicc :/

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ss is not bullshit

brosplit all day errr day

ss is bullshit

>ss is not bullshit
yeah, its complete bullshit, even by beginner standards.
Pull your head out your ass you dyel cuck.

then what should i do
bro split or upper lower?

UL for thicc ;)

Do SS until you stall then do PHUL.

Read the fucking sticky. SS is not bullshit

I can't tell where the memes stop and the reality starts. Even plebbit fitness has removed ss and SL from their beginner programs list.
Just do 5/3/1 for beginners or pick a random gslp variant I suppose. LP until it slows then whatever for aesthetics.

Did they?

yes, because they're retards.

just look at the other programs they have on their list

they have ICF, the reddit PPL one and other meme shit.

and if u ever criticize any of the programs they go apeshit on u

they shit on SS like its the worst thing and then hail gslp, like it's a million times better. rofl

I'm new here and new to lifting in general, but as I understand it, SS/SL are designed for a totally untrained person to get very strong. The idea being that once you can actually throw some weight around, you can choose what path you want, be it powerlifting, aesthetics, or "being thicc", and reach your goals faster and more easily than if you'd just chased it from the beginning.

Since all it's designed to do is make you strong, you see pictures of people who finish it and they look a little bigger and a little fatter. People new to lifting are expecting to look like Zyzz after finishing the beginner program, so they see these pictures, get discouraged, and call it a meme.

As for the T-Rex syndrome, I quietly believe they focus so much on squats because squats get your test flowing, making growth easier.

No, I don't think SS/SL is bullshit.

I do a PPL routine. I feel that it is the best amount of volume and linear progression for my body type and level of activity. I do Push -> Legs -> Pull -> Rest -> Repeat instead of a regular PxPxL.

Starting strength isn't a meme, if you do the program correctly and add in ample amount of accessory work for the biceps, triceps, abs and calves, you will get a good physique while getting strong. Diet is also important, you can't eat like shit and bulk on 500+ calories per day without expecting to add fat too.

>SS is not bullshit

The problem that I have with posts like this is that you don't know that he would've done any better with any other routine.

Maybe he fucking skips a lot. Maybe he eats like shit. Maybe he's just a genetic pleb.

I just don't think showing a single case of any routine not working well completely invalidates it.

>believing this fake meme picture

cmon dude

Reddit PPL. Not even joking.

Most of programs out there (531, SS, GSLP etc) are not meant to be used as the charts suggest (3 exercise a day only). Sure, it could be done, but it will not get you aesthetics gains anytime soon. Even on SS forum or GSLP books, there are routines based on these programs tailored by the authors for those who want more volume and more gains.

For example:
SS
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/8177-kethnaab-rippetoe-workout.html

Reddit PPL, on the other hand, has all these accessory work for upper body programmed into the routine, with adequates sets reps etc; so you'll certainly get a better looking chest shoulders and arms, since the beginning.

Should be said that for some manlets/blessed genetics/teen athletes, SS will be enough to look good. But for most of people, no, it won't.

Bill Starr's 5x5 for 6 months then head over to a zyzz routine

this

Jesus fucking christ there is a lot of bait/retards here. You want to do a linear strength program at first to get a strength base and to eventually find your limits when your noobgains are slowing down. Suggesting a program made for someone on roids to a natty lifter is trolling - at best. Start with SS or similar, and then move to something with more volume if you can handle it. Just remember that building muscle and losing fat should be treated like two separate things. You have to find out where your fat goes and what you need to do. If you only want a big booty and thighs, you are best of with something strength-related. Rippetoe has an article on female strength-training. You should read it. If you want to do roids, just pin and do whatever you want you manly freak bitch.

If your a girl then...

eat lots of food and come to my place to work on your squats on muh dick all night. You'll work up an appetite and your hamstrings will blow up in no time and you'll be THICCC and BRAPPPFFTING everywhere

>You want to do a linear strength program at first to get a strength base
No, no you don't.
Why? Because you don't need a strength base to do jack shit.

You can build strength and mass and and endurance and better joint integrity from doing a bodybuilding type split.
It's also psychologically better. Why?
Because you will plateau as a beginner and will have to become an intermediate lifter where it's far more dangeorus and you'll have no fucking idea of where to go and more then likely not liek what you look like in the mirror.

That girl will look fat and saggy in a few years, you can see it in the arms