No phone before sleep (NoPBS)

ENOUGH

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF BROWSING ON MY PHONE UNTIL 2 IN THE MORNING ONLY TO FALL ASLEEP AT 3 AND WAKE UP FEELING LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT AT NOON.

IF YOU GET SINGLES IN THIS THREAD YOU STOP TAKING YOUR PHONE TO BED AND YOU MAKE IT YOUR GOAL TO GET A FULL 8HOURS OF SLEEP EVERY NIGHT.

Are you seriously addicted to your phone bro?

People do this?

it'll mess up ur eyes good

>the loser that used a mobile for 2 years before getting a pc (now i have to wear glasses that fog up while running in the cold)

>back in highschool be paranoid about using internet on the phone because of high costs
>never get into browsing internet on phone

I do inderstand your problem, because I've got computer next to bed, but I usually manage to realize that whatever I'm looking at has low to no value and go to sleep.

>AND WAKE UP FEELING LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT AT NOON

Don't you work?

>19 with only high school education
>failed entrance exam to uni of choice
>no work experiences at all

I'm an involuntary NEET. Feels kinda shitty desu, but what can you do?

>but what can you do?

Go to mcdonald's. They're never not hiring.

>didnt get into "uni of choice" so doesnt go to any uni at all
>pretends he's an involuntary NEET

Time to face reality loser

I'm quite literally the same as you

Also 19

Are you by any chance 6'1

Was thinking of studying some throwaway courses for a year and try the exam again next year. It seemed smarter to work for a year thought, if only I wasn't so bad at getting jobs.

Only 6ft manlet here

If you're sleeping from 3 until noon, is that not 9 hours?

>browse with blue light filter till its time to go to bed so i get 8hrs of sleep
>turn pc off
>brush teeth
>go to bed
>fall asleep in 5 minutes max.

browsing or playing games on the phone is cancer

You might be my long lost brother who knows

I don't even take my phone to bed.

>Go to bed with phone and earphones to listen to ASMR
>Fall asleep but wake up in the middle of the night when my phones falls off my bed, ripping out the earphones as it goes
>Get less sleep than if I JUST went to bed normally

I DID MY TIME AND I WANT OUT

I feel you man. Let's fucking do this

Roll

Read a book nigger.

hm ok

Recommend me one

Is it really that easy to get minimum wage jobs in America?

In Finland I kid you not we have students from law and medical schools working at McDicks because the employment rates are just so fucked. It's honestly a luxury at this point to work even in fast food restaurant or supermarket.

It is, I have the same sleep schedule usually and I can tell you that it doesn't matter.

I feel so fucking tired the rest of the day if I wake up after noon. I'm much more energetic if I sleep 6-7 hours but i go to bed at 11-12pm

You need to see what you like. I find that anything from Oliver Curwood and Alistair MacLean practically reads itself. You actually might have a harder time putting it down than the phone, but at least you're not shining a light in your eyes right before trying to fall asleep.

gimme those pixels, dubs lord.

I'm about to move to a new place where I'm going to set up my room a bit different, as to not have my phone near me when I go to bed.

It's mostly an issue in the morning. I use my phone as my alarm clock, and then it's just a routine habit now of jerking off my morning wood, since my phone is handy right next to me, and my dick is hard since it's the morning.

ai et saanu töi tä vai? mee vittu TÖI HIN

Go on Goodreads. Add a few books you've liked in the past, see some recommendations.
Some general recommendations that are fairly easy and decent if you haven't read in a while would be A Separate Peace, Great Gatsby, The Stranger (a little odd but easy to read as a comedy without trying to read too much into it), The Chrysalids, The Art of the Deal (Trump is a meme now, but love or hate him, if you can read this book with a neutral attitude you'll likely enjoy it), Catch 22 (again, possibilities for analysis are there but it's a light read, very entertaining).
If you're looking for something on the pulpier side try Robin Hobb or Dragon Lance fantasy stuff, or Stephen King, particularly The Dark Tower. Those books will only train you to read more sort of useless escapist stuff, but they're not so bad and they're still good for winding your brain down before sleep.

It's similar here in Newfoundland. I'm currently working at a federal government call centre helping people fill out online applications to social programs like EI despite having a (useful) Master's degree and professional designation. I count myself lucky though, considering it's a solid 9-5 with a decent salary well above the minimum wage.

It's opposite in Poland.
There's plenty minimum wage jobs and fast foods are hiring constantly, but they pay way to low to be self suficient. You either with with someone (usually your parents) or live in small one room apartment eating paper and raw potatos with water.

FUCK YES BRAH, NO ELECTRONICS AFTER 9 AND INSTEAD GET ATLEAST 9 HOURS OF SLEEP, LETS GO BABY!

Rolling

but I do get 8 hours user. I get in bed with phone 10 hours before I wake up and then browse for 2 hours & wake up with 8 hours. sometimes I even fall to sleep early. now delete this autistic roll thread

>was thinking of

But you didnt

Youre bound to be one of those guys who subconsciously chooses to be a loser and then blames his circumstances on things outside his control

You need to change now before it's too late

What's the best time to go to sleep anyways?

From 22 to 6?

What's the difference between 22-6 and for example 02-10 in the morning? You sleep full 8 hours in both cases?

light and sounds from outside come into your room and fuck up your circadian rhythm. this is why sometimes you'll go to sleep at 0200 and still wake up at 0900

I'd say that depends from person to person if they're a hard sleeper or nah.

Mein Kampf

>not going to bed at 7am browsing this shithole on your lap

The error I made wasn't giving up studies for a year. A year of work experience weighs a lot more than 1 year of some bullshit filler course. My issue is that I'm not finding a job, which I'm not blaming anyone for but myself.

Fun fact:
My parents forced me to go to a psychologist and she said one of the greatest enemies of sleep and mental health were electronics, especially before bed.
SInce I've seen her, one week ago, I've limited my time on the phone/laptop and and never bring them to bed about 1h before sleeping, but bring a book. going to bed by 11h with a book and no electronics+waking up around 8 am and I've never felt so good, so focused and happy.

damnit user now I'm jelly

I think I read somewhere that it's because of the light electronics produce, it messes up with your optic nerve and fools the brain into "thinking" it's daytime, or something like that

I'm a fucking vampire, I really should start waking up early, I remember it felt quite good

I'm pretty sure Im more of a vampire than you ever were, with all the clubbing/drink, not being able to sleep, etc.
If I managed to improve with simple willpower, there's no reason why you can't either.
There's nothing worth staying up late for, especially not something you need electronics for.

I'm going to get dubs and I don't even have a phone sleep problem.

>There's nothing worth staying up late for, especially not something you need electronics for.

you're so right about this

It's a shame it took me 26 years full of alcohol, pain, heartbreaks, brawling, loneliness, insanity, etc to figure it out, but I did figure it out and it might help you young kids.

Even staying up late fucking isn't much worth not sleeping. Sure it's fun once in a while, but sleep is what's important daily. No sleep is just fucking yourself over for no reason.

>it took me 26 years

I was gonna say something in the lines of "I don't really think you are more of a vampire than me but thank you anyway user" in my previous post

lucky I didn't

used to be me, but then I started going to the gym super early every morning.

I will. This is definitely something I need to do

Hey, it hit me hard too (being old) when I had to go back to a 1st year class (college, Medicine degree) and feeling alien amongst 18 year old children.

I am so glad I got dubs

but i like watching kripp before i go to sleep, his salt fuels me

feelsbadman

Rolling

I used to do this a lot, go through shitposts in bed for half an hour and then wonder why I'm having troubles falling asleep.

Now I usually read a book before going to bed and also use f.lux on pc/twilight on phone, shit helps a lot.

rolling. i get 8 hours, but i should go to bed earlier and wake up earlier

glad you found the way, bro.

Why the fuck would I take my phone to bed with me, it's boring and the light kills my eyes.

Because it's safe to assume we're all in so deep with electronics that we have them nearby in a 24/7 cycle.
And it's fucking us up.

please singles

Well I'm addicted to the PC, but I have flux and low brightness here. Never really understood the interest in cell phones.

Because you can browse Veeky Forums in bed or at work.

It's the same thing, pc, phone, it's all electronics.

I was lucky that my parents forced me to go to a psychologist who is also a neuroscientist or however you say it in English, so she showed be troubling data and convinced me electronics are "evil" and just be used as least as possible
and never in bed.
I'm not a depressed fuck after seeing her and actually look forward to "live", after seeing her. Even my gf noticed the difference and all I did so far was, pretty much, minimize pc/phone usage, never take them to bed and program an 8h sleep + move around more and try to define actual things I like as hobbies (that means no internet/shitposting/watching shit but rather play my guitar, brush up my photos, study new things).

REEEEEEEE

8 HOURS HERE I COME

if trips i will rebel against the phone jew

roll

Anons. I'm your lord and savior. Get a light dimming program/app that dims your screen and eliminates blue light. That is what keeps you awake. I have been using Dimly for months and have been sleeping like a baby.

SLEEP FOR THE SLEEP GOD

>Is it really that easy to get minimum wage jobs in America?

Um, yes?
That's seriously fucked if that's true about Finland.

KEK DENIED IT

So close, stay trapped

Every fucking time

lol usually i just set my alarm, put my phone next to me and fall asleep
when will phonelets learn

Rolling for a better life

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

>Find what courses you sucked at
>Go to nightschool/college or whateverto get your grades better

Trust me if you don't pick something now and go with it you're fucked, happened to both of my brothers. Whether it's a trade, or school, pick a viable career path RIGHT NOW and pursue it.

literally me
roll

>Not using a free app that removes all blue light from phone
>Not using same on PC that automatically adjusts depending on time of day

To be fair I work in the medical/sleep industry

If I get trips it negates all of the singles in this thread and you faggots all have to bring your phones to bed and shitpost on fit until the next morning every night for the next year

Rolling

fuck it rollarino

ROLLING!

ALL HAIL THE SACRED TRIPS

;^)

this
fucking pussy get a job

try to this.

they're introducing free living wage for every single citizen soon aren't they?

get ready for some gibsmedats

Please God

>Saw this thread earlier today
>Told myself I will turn off computer and put mobile phone an hour before going to bed
>Tfw posting from bed on my phone right now

Is there any hope for me?

I'm going to roll, but instead have it based off my laptop usage. I usually see an interesting thread around 2am and stay up an extra hour.

Never bring my phone to bed though. I set on the alarm and set it on the other side of the room so I have to walk over to it when I wake up.

i'll try

What about watching TV before bed? I usually watch an episode of TV before I fall asleep

Also is smoking weed too fall asleep a bad idea?

roll

roll I'm addicted

You can pry my phone from my cold dead hands, faggot

Will this help me through my break up