When did you guys realise that deadlifts are completely unnecessary if your goal is hypertrophy?

When did you guys realise that deadlifts are completely unnecessary if your goal is hypertrophy?

once I kept snapping my shit up despite having perfect form and posting numerous form critique videos for others to scrutinize. A lot, not all, of the powerlifting community has this hive mentality to where if you get hurt, it's 100% your form and nothing else.

No one thinks deadlifts are for hypertrophy. Deadlifts are for strength and that's what most people on Veeky Forums are going for, that's why they're so popular on this board

I wouldn't know. My goal is some strength for my BJJ matches

post deadlift

>He thinks hypertrophy training doesn't require strength training a few days a week or a month depending on programming to build muscle mass

Yep, complete newbie. Kys OP

Romanian deadlifts. I dont wanna fug myself up, so I stick between 1pl8 and 2pl8.

KYS idiot

This board is probably a pretty even split between strength and hypertrophy, it's also a lot of people who don't know about lifting but always see deadlifts so they do it and say to do it.

>A lot, not all, of the powerlifting community has this hive mentality to where if you get hurt, it's 100% your form and nothing else.

implying that isn't true

- t. "I slipped a disk trying to scared-cat 4pl8 so I could brag about it on my favorite Tajikistani Turban Tying Tips 'n Tricks Imageboard"

When are you going to realize that you'll never make it?

You aesthetics fags are delusional.
You'll find any excuse not to do things that are hard because you want the easy way out.

Even your stupid fucking messiah of aesthetics tells you so.

Face it deadlifts are a meme

So why should anyone listen to a powerlifting coach with injuries?
If they can't do then why in the fuck are they trying to get us to do it?

post your body then
let's see where the real meme is

Because everyone makes mistakes.
The trick is not to be a sensitive little pussy about it.

Lmao this for me also.

One of the owners of my gym was an ex powerlifting champion and he told me my deadlift form was perfect. Meanwhile I'd constantly snap my shit up.

Either way I do pure bb now and look better than ever.

I could post my body and then you would say HAHAHA TOLD YOU SO

But then I'd tell you how much I deadlift and you would look RATHER SILLY

I quite enjoy deadlifts if for no other reason than the fact that they make me feel like a badass afterwards, but this meme is literally the exact reason I stopped squatting

Fuck you rippetoe I want my original kneecaps when I'm 60

if you're so sure about that, why didn't you already do that? I'll tell you why

because you're a pussy and want the easy way out

what style did you squat, high low or front?

Someone explain what deadlifts do that exercises like RDLs, GHRs etc don't do better?

>what do deadlifts do that deadlifts don't do better

Standard squat, I never went before parallel
When I walk down the street my knees sound so bad people look around for the cement mixer

>Standard squat
what is a standard squat to you, highbar, lowbar or front?

Ah my bad, high bar

well, there you go, you made a mistake

rippetoe is 100% advising lowbar squats which are easier on the knees due to greater muscle mass involved and hip drahve

did you read SS at all?

Then your form is not good. Your form was probably breaking down on heavy sets or you hurt yourself because you didn't do the negative portion properly

but then why do most people squat high bar and some even have success with front squats?

HURR DURR when your on roids just fapping and eating pizza will get you huge
GL getting anywhere natty without strength

Absolutely mind blowing that people think deadlifts are required

There are far superior exercises that train your glutes, lower back, hamstrings etc

Can I use trap bar and just replace squats and DL? Snapped my shit up a few years back and am too afraid to go heavy on squats and DL since

I fucking hate deadlifts. Always give me headaches, and I feel like Im going to hurt myself. Ive recorded myself and I dont seem to arch, but I still feel like I put pressure on my back