Is there a secret to losing weight? I've been struggling to lose 30 pounds of body fat for about a year now...

Is there a secret to losing weight? I've been struggling to lose 30 pounds of body fat for about a year now, and I know it's just "calories in, calories out". I have started eating just one meal a day consisting of 1500 calories or less with no liquid calories - but I'm not losing weight. I'm stagnant. I am a 20 year old male, 5'10" 192 pounds. I just want my woman hip love handles gone. ;-;

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fix-broken-metabolism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your metabolism is fucked. Try alternate day fasting.

You're lying about your calories or you're not tracking them correctly.

If you were eating at 1500 cal you would be losing weight.

> Eat under TDEE
> Body needs energy to run
> You're eating under what your body needs
> Body forced to burn stored fat for needed energy

You're not eating at 1500.

>consistently give your body less energy than it needs
>it continues to burn exactly the same amount of energy

stop

>I have started eating just one meal a day consisting of 1500 calories

First of all, that's a huge meal.
Second of all, you're eating more than 1500 calories a day. Stop lying to yourself, see a doc if you really want to see you're TDEE for real (99.9% chance it's normal or within normal range).

Third, realize you're just a fat piece of shit making up excuses and mentally jumping through hoops.

Are you sure the first post isn't right about my metabolism being fucked? I am low energy most of the time and I'm pretty sedentary. I do get about 20 minutes of exercise a day via pushups, situps, and jumping rope, but things have hovered between 190-195 now for a while. Is it possible I have to take in less calories than 1500?

Bruv, I'm not a fat piece of shit, lol. I know that's a huge meal, that's why I know I'm not eating more than 1500cal a day because I couldn't go any bigger at a single time if I wanted to.

You either lied about your calories or cheated yourself

How much do you think your TDEE changes you fucking faggot? You are the worst kind of fatty.

Are you retarded? It ends up burning less energy because you're losing fucking weight. Less weight = less energy needed to function. Fuck off frog.

>I'm not a fat piece of shit, lol
>proceeds to be a fat piece of shit, lol

Try working out. 190 at 5'10 shouldn't be fat unless you have absolutely zero muscle.

Why are people so edgy in here? OP is just a lazy fatass who can't generate a level of exercise that burns fat, let alone even eat properly.

> 1 meal per day

Lmfao do you know how bad it is to go into an extreme caloric deficit?

According to TDEE calculators I'm supposed to be anywhere from 500-700 calories under TDEE for my height, age, and weight.

I realize you're all screaming about me lying on calories, but why would I come ask on Veeky Forums instead of just do my calories correctly? Asking you guys what I'm doing wrong if I already know won't make my love handles go away.

>Lmfao do you know how bad it is to go into an extreme caloric deficit?

Hey there! The website you are looking for is tumblr.com. You seemed to be on boards.Veeky Forums.org/fit/! A board dedicated to fitness! It's a common mistake, just wanted to let you know you're in the wrong place.

I'm not really "fat" - I have 0 stomach bulge and am overall decent looking besides fat on my hips. It just doesn't look nice.

Is working out harder the meme I need?

>extreme caloric deficit
>consuming 1500 calories in a sedantry lifestyle
You're an idiot.

Are you eating 1500 calories of all fat?

>but why would I come ask on Veeky Forums instead of just do my calories correctly?

Because people do that all the time? FFS people lie to doctors doing studies on fatties overeating. You are acting like a mong.

Are you lifting heavy at all? Heavy compound lifting is the best way to lose fat period. Just make sure you're getting enough protein or else you'll be too tired to function.

I've been eating a single meal a day since last November and have the energy needed to go about my day and do light exercise.

I eat pasta or sautéed (in vegetable oil) chicken breast with red tomato sauces pretty much every day - sometimes it's pizza or Chinese food instead - but it's always one meal, and the ones I make myself are 1500cal or under.

Try 3 500 calorie meals instead of one big one.

Post pic.

I don't have the self control to do this. I'd feel hungry all the time and would binge.
>inb4 stupid fat fuck

Yeah, I guess so.

if you were serious you would use a food scale and weigh every piece of your food meticulously

you are not eating 1500kcal a day

>pasta
Not measuring it correctly

It comes in a box of 1600cal per box. I leave about 1/6th of the box in and then have tomato sauce with it.

First off, ditch vegetable oil. That's pretty fattening. Use a better oil. People say olive oil muh low smoke point, but keep it under 350 and you're fine. Preferably you should be baking more than frying.

Secondly, always make sure you have at least 100g of protein. Pretty hard to do with just one meal. Try smaller meals instead of one big done. It makes no difference to your body, but it's easier to diet that way.

Thirdly, try actually exercising. What do you think "light" exercises are going to do?

>light exercise.

Found your weight loss problem, fatass.

FPBP

How long ago did you start this?
Unless you have a metabolic disease (you don't you would know) you will be losing weight. Also, just eating pasta as the only thing for a day?

This is why fatties are universally hated by normal people.

>why eat a healthy diet just eat 1500 kcal of pasta!

Because I'm poor. Regardless of my current physical health condition, I cannot afford to eat any healthier. Pasta is cheap as fuck per calorie.

Either you have a genuine issue like a thyroid problem,

or you're a lying fatty like all fattys out there..

Its simple,

>Eat less calories then you use in a day
>Exercise, lift weights, go for a fucking run

You will then lose weight..

Make sure you're counting every fucking calorie you're eating/ drinking.

Don't drink sugary drinks, only water, tea and coffee. Count calories in oils and measure them when using them, count sauce you put on the side of your meal, COUNT ANYTHING YOU EAT OR DRINK.

If this doesn't work, go to a doctor, you might actually be one of the real fattys who have a medical issue.

You're pretty much ignoring all the actual advice given to you so it's apparent you don't really want to lose weight: You just want to complain.

We don't care about that. Stop lying to yourself, eat less food, and work out. I've never met a fatty who didn't think they had something broken with their metabolism.

I didn't say I have something broken with my metabolism, mate. I came here to ask about why this may not be working.

/thread

OP enjoy being a fatass in 2017, 2018, 2019, ...

Are all 10 of you in here really trying this hard to help OP?

>I came here to ask about why this may not be working.

Listen faggot, the only reason this wouldn't be working is if you did have something wrong with your metabolism. You may be too dumb to realize that's what your implying, but it's what it is. Your looking for some reason why you're lazy ass can't lose weight but everyone but you know's it's cause your a lazy fuck who doesn't want to admit the truth that they're eating more than what a 110 pound woman eats in a day.

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fix-broken-metabolism/

Okay. I'll buy a food scale. If there is no answer besides "fucked metabolism" or "you're retarded", then I am probably retarded.

Thanks, guys.

HOW THE FUCK WERE YOU COUNTING CALORIES WITHOUT A KITCHEN SCALE

RREEEEEEEEEEEEE

>all 10 of you
One of those 10 is you and the other is OP so there would be only 8 at that point

By eating one meal a day and going off of the nutrition fact labels on the foods I ate.

How exact do you fucking need to be? The world won't end if you're 200-300 calories off base which is what happens if you're ballparking based off labels. Just use common sense.

That is fucking retarded.. lots of foods mention they're measure when cooked.. especially pasta..

If you're on a cut 200-300 calories WILL fucking effect you, you fucking cretin, some people cut 200-300 calories less then their maintenance, so you want to stay within 50 calories of your goal you fat fuck.

he meant that a few hundred calories on one day won't make much difference.

by the way you don't need to use swears every sentence; this isn't /b/.

>some people cut 200-300 calories less then their maintenance, so you want to stay within 50 calories of your goal you fat fuck.
That's your fault for not compensating.

>3000 TDEE
>want to cut
>aim for 2500
>at worse you get 2800, still losing weight
It's pretty fucking simple you autist. Unless you're a bodybuilder, using a scale is just a waste of time. Try eating healthier instead.

>Are you sure the first post isn't right about my metabolism being fucked?
Stop looking for excuses.
I've gone from 320lbs to 210lbs eating the same exact amount of calories.

>I've been struggling to lose 30 pounds of body fat for about a year now, and I know it's just "calories in, calories out".
Stop right there.

You ate more than you were supposed to /thread.

make sport, and eat 3 meals with 500 calories
/thread

Dude, shut the fuck up.

You're also, a fucking retard.

Compelling argument. Thick. Solid. Tight. Really made me think.

I hope it made you think you're a fucking retard, because thats what you definitely are.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

they are not swears, they are sentence enhancers

but their effect is lessened with overuse

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch. I’ll have you know my name is John, and I woke up this morning 5:30 sharp to the smell of wet pussy. I was getting a blowjob from two bitches (Shit was SO Cash), one was trying to fit my humongous 3 pound balls in her mouth while the other was choking halfway on my 18 and 3\8 inch dick. She started to squirt hard, she was convulsing and having 6 orgasms at the same time. I gave it to them and they were on the floor squirting like motherfucking fountains. Must have come about a quart of sperm and compressed air. Imagine your best orgasm, then multiply it by 35. I had to go to base camp so I front-flipped from my 14th floor barracks into my valet parked 2012 Ferrari (I got connexions). Pushed my shit to about 4 hundo (mph, mind you) and I was at base camp in no time. When I entered, I became a top sniper and was granted access to the entire arsenal of the USMC. I learned how to kill someone in over 700 different ways and was assigned to be the leader of a squad that will kill 300 terrorists using gorilla warfare tactics. Also did 6000 push-ups, 8000 sit-ups and bench-pressed 30 plates in 16 minutes. After basic training, I met a network of secret spies who will help me trace your IP address, while eating gold plated sushi and 15,000 $ champagne. My unit got the rest of the day off and I became captain of our base’s football team and starter of the basketball team. I got straight A’s on the military entrance exams and received more awards. Meanwhile, you were jacking off to pictures on Facebook and naked drawn Japanese people. Went back in the Lambo to my barracks and now I am getting ready to go to sleep. I am going to graduate at the top of my class in the Navy Seals tomorrow and I want to look pretty much perfect for it. Don’t be a stranger and remember, I did more in one day than you will your entire life.

I don't want to open up a new thread so I'll ask here.

I'm a female with an athletic build. my shoulders are wider than my hips. Is there a way just to loose far in arms? They are not overly fat, I just think if I gain weight it's the upper body

Post pic

No, spot reduction is myth, fat distribution is genetic. You'd have to lose fat overall

You'll have to post some pics of yourself so we can work it out :/

+1 also next time, look for "QTDDTOT" thread

>I have started eating just one meal a day consisting of 1500 calories or less
That's your problem

Okay, thanks all!

this fucking thread is just a mess lol

Nice pasta bro! I'm sure everyone is wowed by your superior sense of ironic humor.

>Pic related

Assuming you aren't a troll, make sure you are accurately counting calories and weighing everything most importantly. After that is when I would say start changing up your diet or adding in more cardio.

I lost over 15kg's, from 88 to 72/73 and i still look fat, i dont know how but i do, im 185cm as well, i just did 22 decent form pull-ups, i started with 1, when i weighted 88, fit lied to me.

Dude is this a meme? Can someone explain this it seem insane.

pic related me, working out is a meme, i lost 15kg, yet i look literally the same

Unless you are both 100% sedentary and have real genetic issues there is no way in fuck you cant lose 30 pounds in less then a year.

You are eating more then you think and doing less then you think.

22 all at once? No fucking way.
You need muscle fool

yup, at once. Maybe if i did in perfect form i would max out at 17-19,

You made it this far, don't fucking give up

You do look less fat. Just keep going at it. Remember that you will start to look 'normal' at 10-15% or even close to 20% body fat. There's just no way to go there without being where you are now.

I mean even if you had a liposuction at 88kg, there'd still be a split second during the surgery when you'd weigh 73kg. Think about that.

Could be lighting but the right definitely looks a lot better, m8.

Keep going. What's the point of giving up now?

Wtf thats a great progress. You might wany to increase your cardio sesions for greater fat loss

point is i already working out for 6 month and still have huge belly fat, ye maybe i look better, because my shoulders look broader, but i didnt lost the fat even though i lost 15kg, just doesnt make sense at all.

Dude for how long have you been eating to get this fat? You think you could undo this in 6 months? Literally continue eating less to lose fat, work out to be fit, and it will happen.

i started gaining weight around 10years ago, everyone was making fun of me that i was skinny and shit, so i started eating more and more and before i know i was fat and weak. Yes when i started working out i could only do 1 pull-up. Now i do 20 no problem. Im proud of that, but i still look weak and fat somehow.

I will say this for the last time, it takes time

You will only fail if you stop

>know this is true
>literally can never stop because of this

fuck you Veeky Forums

i dont say i give up, but looking at people results, who post there pics, you would think that getting stronger and your body will naturally look good, but not in my case, i got substantially stronger and fitter, yet i still look like a mess, well i do look better, but there is long road ahead of me, i never did say im gonna quit, im slighty addicted to my workout routine right now and im kinda itching to work out in my recovery days, im just sad that i still look bad.

It's because you're fat as fuck, mostly immobile and you JUST FUCKING STARTED.
You have to bust ass eat really good and consistently workout 3-5 days a week to see better results sooner.

Not just eat less and occasionally swing by the gym. But really work at it.

But right now, you're on a collision course with being a fitter better you. You don't have to rush shit.

Thats the Velocity Diet with generic sups rather than the $500/month brand names.

>d I know it's just "calories in, calories out"

What you're getting those calories from also matter. Eat less carbs and more fat/protein, that'll force your body to burn fat instead of just using the carbs you're eating.

Fasting one or two days weekly can also be effective. That means you eat 500 calories that day and normal the other days.

Eggs are also cheap

>I am low energy most of the time and I'm pretty sedentary. I do get about 20 minutes of exercise a day
That's fucking ridiculous. Sort your life out and it'll become infinitely easier.

>Is it possible I have to take in less calories than 1500?
It's literally the only explanation.

Your priorities and road map for successful bodyfat loss:

>1. Eat properly
3 Meals per day and snacks. Keep them less than 1400 or whatever your TDEE actually is.
>2. Be active
This means at least 2 hours sunlight per day and at least another 2 hours of activity, ideally moderately intense stuff like lifting or running
>3. Lift
This increases your TDEE and metabolism while also making you look and feel better.

In short, sort your life out and stop going about things ass backwards

>Vegetables are expensive

The stupidity of this meme never fails to amaze me

Hey guys, 5'11" 240 pounds here, is 2200 kcal+ body weight exercies 3 times a week with cardio 2 times a week enough? Should I be going lower calorically?

>2 hours of sunlight

Fuck, I don't want to do that. I was hoping to see what it looks like to get shredded while being whiter than snow. Vampire mode.

This is extremely overboard and out of touch with the average person. This might be something to work up to, but this is definitely just a mountain of bullshit that is going to make someone drop everything and not improve themselves at all.

Do a shitload of cardio and lift heavy. I'm a fat fuck so I alternate cardio days and strength days, when it's a cardio day I'll run 10k and swim 1500m, on strength days I do a 5k at an easy pace before work and later on focus on compound lifts with a little accessory work at the gym. Down to 180 from over 300 so far.

is most of that fat? it is fine. calorie amount is good for that weight since it is a lot of weight. 2200 is probably how much you need around 200 lbs so keep cutting with that much until you start to notice stalling on weight loss.

measure every morning after peeing/pooping and before eating and record the weight. take average over 7 days and compare them to the next averaged 7 days.

A good bit of it is muscle, basically I was a lineman for football my through high school but I haven't been keeping up with the exercises and have been eating the same amount. Thanks for the advice bro, I'll make sure to take extensive measurements.

you are overeating for sure. I don't fucking know how you are, but you are. lets start by taking that 1500 calorie meal and cutting it in half and thats all that you eat for the day.

I have a suspicion that most of this is people reading nutrition labels and read that is says 600 calories or whatever and then not read that is has like 2+ servings.

Bullshit, I'm 5'10 at 166, and even with decent amount of muscle, there is still enough fat around. Not superfat, but definitely 20%. 190lbs is way beyond that.