Living off Huel

Been living mainly off Huel for the last 3 weeks. Currently working nights so my diet purely consists of Huel shakes.

Ask me anything and I will give honest advice. No shilling.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nutrition info

How much do you dread each meal?

Does the dread increase with each meal?

I live off Soylent and Protein Powder.

How does Huel compare to Soylent?

I actually realy like each meal, I use the vanilla flavored one.

I tried mixing in some cocoa powder as the website recommended but I thought it was worse. They sell flavor packets designed for Huel but I can't imagine them improving it.

It tastes a bit like porridge, but the texture is like a milkshake with some oats dropped in. The big thing is the high fiber content, if I have a 450cal shake I feel full after.

Why not just eat food like a normal person? Genuinely curious.

Never tried Soylent, I've read that Huel has a different texture to Soylent though and a higher fiber content I believe.

I originally tried it out of being curious, I didn't think it would be filling though.

Turns out the high fiber content is really filling and makes me bloated after, I decided to see if i could do a few says on pure Huel and it stuck.

A few times I will eat real food if I go out with my girlfriend, like a steak or something otherwise it's all Huel.
Or if I'm going boxing early sunday morning I will wake up and have a tuna sandwich because If I drink a Huel shake I will be seriously bloated and feel sick during training.

I'm dropping weight to 65kg for a boxing match in march and Huel seems an easy way to lose weight while feeling full from the fiber content.

Posted before seeing your nutrition. Looks like you have better fiber and protein. I add choc protein powder to mine but I dont think id like the extra fiber.

Ingredient list is close to Soylent powder 1.5. They even added vanilla for awhile.

Huh. Interesting. gl with your huel goals in 2k17

>2017
>drinking the fat black guy from Breaking Bad
Why tho.

How would you rate your Turd Gainz on Huel?

Is it cheaper and better tasting than food and if not, why the fuck are you buying it?

It's cheaper when compared to what I spent on chicken, veggies and other shit during the week, why I'm doing it is answered here First few days my ass was farting like mad, my shits are more regular and more like a log rather than little individual bits. It's got a really high fiber content so I was worried at first but it's fine now. I've read some people have had shit problem but I had no problems at all. I was eating lots of vegetables before Huel though so I am used to fiber I guess.

>day 92 on Huel
>already made my first million
>lost my virginity twice
>gym owner gave me a key, so I can work out at night

>fat black guy from breaking bad

I will forever associate him with Huel. Thx user

I tried and got explosive diarrhea after a week

Huel and Soylent look awesome t.bh. Sadly they don't sell it here and the closest I have to it is my 1000+ kcal. protein shake.
I'm tired of eating solid food.

>function at it's optimum

When a product that's clearly been branded to hell and back makes basic grammatical errors on its very visible packaging, it does not bode well.

>that your your body needs

It continues.

2000k cals per day???

It actually had me intrigued until this error, now I question their design process and how accurate their macros actually are.

also no oxford comma near the end

reee

I'm interested in using this as a breakfast replacement - shame I just bought a 5kg bag of flavoured whey.

Isn't 2000kcal the pretty much recommended average? Or am I not getting what you mean

The k means thousand, it says 2000 thousand/2,000,000 cals, if they fuck something simple like this up you have to question this powder which you're staking your entire health on.

For a sedentary average numale 2000cal is more than enough.You don't have to eat only 2000calories though user. I only eat so low because I have 6 weeks to drop 5 kilo or as close as possible.

I gotta ask, man- What's pooping like? Details. Pics if you're brave.

No you're just dumb.

1 calorie is actually a tiny amount of energy. What you know as a "calorie" is actually 1 kcal/1000 calories.

>The large calorie or kilogram calorie (symbol: Cal), also known as the food calorie and similar names,[2] is defined in terms of the kilogram rather than the gram. It is equal to 1000 small calories i.e. 1 kilocalorie (symbol: kcal).[1]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie

No it doesn't. Kcal means 1 kilocalorie.

British packaging always lists it as Kcal for some stupid reason.

Pooping is regular, and it comes out as a long log rather than little chunks. I fart a bit more but thats all the fiber content.

I will have my next shake in 3 hours, I made it using 600ml water, 1 spoon of instant coffee and 3 scoops of huel.

I find if you let it refrigerate for a few hours it thickens up, but its already quite thick.

1 Cal = 1000 cal = 1 kcal

The burger version is retarded, as always. They depend on capitalization to differentiate between units.

Is it like mass gainer thick? I used to use ON brand mass gainer and that stuff had the consistency of glue

There's no way that this is cheaper than just eating regular food.

Cost per meal =£1.47 (about 400-500calories)

If I want decent meat, veg, and maybe a carb i'm looking at about £2 a meal for the same if I cook in bulk.

This guy is correct.

It's cheap tp eat shit but if you want to be low bodyfat you gotta eat clean and eating clean costs.

I spend less living on Huel than I do eating clean. The next 3 days I will be only Huel due to working nights, but once work is over I will probably have 3 450cal shakes of huel and then a 700 - 800 calorie meal of meat and veg.

Ultimately I'm finding Huel enjoyable.

Basically:

>No cooking (I only cook the same boring chilli each week anyway)

>Actually fairly cheap

>Easy to stick to my macros

I still eat normal food every now and again.

Suprising proton content

>supposed to be super-smart science food
>copy on front uses an adjective (nutritional) where it should use an adverb (nutritionally)
>copy on front uses "it's" where it should use "its"

I know the guys who developed it didn't write this copy, nor is it particularly important whether or not they use perfect grammar all the time, but I'll be god damned if this doesn't trigger the fuck out of me.

Is it autism, Veeky Forums?

Can you stop posting this bullshit? No different than that Soylent garbage. If you live off this junk you're fucking retarded.

What's the protein source?

legends say that after year of eating this you will go full Huel Huel and your mojo will hit the stars

you're a fucking retard. stop posting.

dat jaw muscle atrophy though?

Are you hungry before/during sleep?

Underrated post

Please inform yourself. What you call a Calorie (with a capital C) is simply another way of writing kcal, or 1000 calories (small c).

So this is, in fact, not an error.

Do you have AIDS?

It doesn't use any animals, except for cows and chickens. But no animals.

>fluoride
>fluoride
>fluoride

Hey Huell, are you happy?