Which diet is better low carb or low fat?

Which diet is better low carb or low fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC_vM5JK4aU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you trying to gain or lose weight? Whichever lets you eat at either a caloric deficit or surplus.

low fat probably

easier for body to make carb into fat than vice versa.

t. completely uneducated broscientist

I'm trying to lose body fat

Do low carb.

Calculate your TDEE and eat 500 to 1000 calories under it.

Considering you are asking a really stupid question, you are not at a point where your macros probably matter.

comparing the two? definitely low carb

if you go low fat you will also go low test.

40/40/20 split

2000kcal

200g proteins
200g carbs
45g fats

Plenty for hormone function, won't feel worn out from low carbs and plenty of protein.

Possibly lower protein if you don't need that much and raise the other macros till you feel good.

You ever tried a low fat diet?

It's great if you like feeling lethargic, not being able to get an erection, and struggling with mind fog.

so this is what i had today

a lot of that fat came from stuff like chicken and olive oil though. im really 5'8 168 pounds btw

That is pretty much perfect really, healthy and balanced.

You should have between 40-70g for your bw, just aim between that range get enough protein and the rest on carbs.

Try the low calorie diet.

Low calorie.

meme

Not him but is it low carb or low fat?
Seems so easy to get fat and carbs I don't mind going 50 proteins

What about 30/50/20?

I know you cut the calories but just to battle the feeling of hungry and general low energy . I do lift regularly

bump

neither... why don't you train harder? get the carbs for energy and the fat for satiety (and bc it's delicious and good for you)

No carb diet.

The big hurdle is making it through the transition period of your body being fueled by your own body fat, and ketones. It is so easy to slip out of it, and just give in to eating something with carbs (which will take you out of ketosis), but if you can turn your will power into a fucking steel beam, and make it through a month of no carbs, you are good to go. Enjoy reaping the benefits of your testosterone being replaced with rocket fuel, with the burning power of a thousand suns.

So, after a month of no carbs, you can have a cheat day once a week or no?

I'm about 2 weeks in btw

I meant it as more of a mental will power thing. If you cheat early on, you are just WAY more likely to slip back into just eating carbs in general. Sort of like a junkie going cold turkey, "but just this one time"... yeah right hehe. You can get into a ketogenic state just by fasting for like 12 hours, so that is not really such a big problem if you actually DO cheat. The biggest hurdle is just that initial transition period. The 'keto-flu' as some people call it. They say, "oh, its a few days of feeling not so great". However, I think this is really underplaying it. For me, it was about a solid month of zero carb, before I got over the transition. And for me as well, (and I am assuming for you as well) by consistently being in the gym, I am pretty in tune with how my body feels nearly all the time. So the difference of no carbs was extremely noticeable.

But yeah, it just gets way way easier after about a month, to not slip back into eating carbs in general.

Again, enjoy being able to hold up a cinderblock with the strength and ferocity of your erections.

Try the No Macro's Diet

High carb, slightly low fat, decent protein

works better for me than keto

bumb

>my experience with "low fat diets" is reading exaggerated claims on high fat diet websites

so what should the split be?

>easier for body to make carb into fat than vice versa

It's exactly the other way around.

fat into carb?

40/40/20

carb/pro/fat

the golden ratio

We just had a thread 1 or 2 days ago.
It basically makes no difference. But low-fat is slightly better for gaining muscle.

Low fat will grant you the best results

you might as well call a low carb diet the "DYEL diet"

carbs = energy
fat = fat

fat = fat
fat = energy
energy = carbs
carbs = fat
what did you mean by this?

as others have said, it's about being at a deficit. i'd say out of the two low carbs since fats are more likely to make you feel full and satiated so you won't want to eat as much, as opposed to carbs.

Can I get a citation here because I tried it both ways and unrefined carbs worked just as well, and you can have so much more of them for the same caloric content it's not even funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=vC_vM5JK4aU

tldw: lower carb intake to increase insulin sensitivity

Please do not listen to these morons telling you to go low fat. Dispel the notion that ingesting fat=storing fat. That's not how it works. If you go low carb, high fat AND eat at a caloric deficit the fat loss will blow your mind and your hormone levels will not suffer. If you go low fat say goodbye to your free testosterone.

literally the opposite of what happens in my experience

So 20/40/40?
20/50/30?
25/50/25?
30/40/30?

Check out

Calories is what matters, just don't go low protein. See what works better for you, I felt like shit on low carb and found it much easier to skip butter than the bread underneath it.

just losing weight will improve your insulin sensitivity way more than going low carb

and the performance and recovery boost you get from carbs > minor changes in insulin sensitivity

this all depends on your definition of low fat. no one telling you to go 30g/day. take something like 0.6g/kg and your hormone levels will be just fine

also, excessive carbs ARE oxidized more preferentially than fats

I just want to battle my hungering urges so low fat seems better because I can eat more of carbs than fat.

This is all explained in the sticky desu.

The best diet is the one you'll stick to. Low carb and low fat both sound like trendy bullshit. Eat whole foods. Eat mostly plants and some dairy/lean meat.

As pointed out, if you're trying to lose weight just eat at a caloric deficit. Here's an idea: calculate the TDEE of your ideal weight and just maintain that.

do you even lift?

Have you tried intermittent fasting? You don't have to go full 16/8 mode with it, just skip breakfast, eat as little as you can throughout the day then a proper dinner in the evening.
You trade going hungry for some hours for the knowledge that you'll get to eat to fullness later in the day, without depriving yourself of any particular food group. Just try to stick to high quality foods in each group. Almonds are better than sugar and whole grain rye bread is better than margarine.

Not OP but this works good for me.
I combined it with Carb Backloading so I stay zero carb/low carb till workout and then have my carbs while and after workout

Try low calorie diet. Just get 1g/lb bodyweight of protons and cut your TDEE by 500.

Also, IF is king. It's making my cut effortless.