What is the better ab exercise: Planks, barbell rollouts or plain old crunches?

What is the better ab exercise: Planks, barbell rollouts or plain old crunches?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DdH8vIVFi4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rqiTPdK1c_I
youtube.com/watch?v=5Tc7yKQysVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hanging leg raises with weight or ab wheel with weight

whats a better wing sauce. Cajun, garlic Parmesan, teriyaki, or plain old original?

I do hanging leg raises and cable crunches.

>barbell rollouts
Don't.

Also leg raises.

fpbp
/thread

Stupid question: why should I do ab exercises? I heard low body fat is what gives you visible abs, so why should I do ab exercises?

>Ab wheel with weight
Like anyone can just do a complete rollout, let alone weighted one. Nigga be realistic.

cable crunches are goat

why is that?

so if a midget headbutts you, you won't crumple like my diabetic grandmother

Dude what? I can do 3x10 complete rollouts no problem. Maybe stop being fat?

Too bad my gym's equipment only let's me do crunches with 50kg.

Do you do them in standing position?

was just saying that they are superior since they can be easily loaded with weight to keep forcing adaptations and thus progressing. doing them both alternating at least 2x per week is really good and will cover pretty much every important muscle and more importantly, stabilizer muscles.

what people forget is the amount of stabilization muscles working when doing those two exercises compared to some shitty machine work or exercise where you are limited in movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=DdH8vIVFi4Q

I do them like this youtube.com/watch?v=rqiTPdK1c_I

there is a big difference in doing them from kneeling position or from standing pike position

You're doing the easy version. Kinda like doing knee pushups instead of full ones.

Get up on your toes and see if it makes a difference.

Because imagine yourself going to the gym ready to set your new PR in OHP only to see all the barbells are in use. Then you turn around and see this stupid shit lying on the floor and using one like a fucking ab roller.

That looks bad for your lower back.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Tc7yKQysVQ

try this instead if you can even do 1 rep

Only if you're an idiot and sag into it, which is also an equally bad idea when you're on your knees.

Are those weights on his upper body or a bulletproof vest?

managed 1 rep

that's why one of the most important things as weightlifter are to keep your lower back strong (mainly spinal erectors) by doing bb back extensions and by keeping your front equally strong in order to avoid imbalances by doing core work

weighted vest obviously but if you don't have it you can have a friend keep a plate on your upper back as you descend for same effect although that's a bit inconveniant

It would be more than a bit inconvenient because I don't have friends at the gym. But seeing how we don't have ab rollers either, it doesn't matter.

Instead of a special vest you could also just wear a tight backpack and stuff it with as many plates as you want.

Manna progression

weighted planks

Anyone else barbell roll to the gym? It's great for the abs and a cardio warmup. I don't even use my car or bike anymore. I just roll in.

how do you propel yourself?

Kind of like an inch worm except 60mph

It's a legit workout, and fuck the dyels; it's a doggy dog world out there and there's only so much gains to go around. I'll do abs rollout wherever I want.

my oly coach only allowed weighed barbell rows for core accessories because in his words "it is essentially the squat of abdominal excersises"

He is not wrong.

> doggy dog world
The phrase is dog eat dog your fucking retard.

sup newfag

Why should you build any muscle? Think cunt.

core stabilization - crucial to performing squats and deads with heavy load without injuring yourself

You actually a lil retarded my dude. 4x20 rollouts evety day

>using one exercise for abs
Absolute fucking pleb

Crunches + leg raises (either floor or hanging) and finish with cacoons then planks.

>I heard low body fat is what gives you visible abs, so why should I do ab exercises?
So does every other muscle when its not covered with fat.

Abs are a muscle like any other, you break them down and you can build them larger.