Failed my 100 kg 1x5 deadlift yesterday due to grip strength

failed my 100 kg 1x5 deadlift yesterday due to grip strength

on the third rep bar slipped from my hands

should I buy liquid chalk and start using mixed grip?

you don't necessarily need chalk at that level if you just switch to mixed grip. Straps are another solution if you want to keep it neutral

hook grip or straps. mixed grip usually creates imbalances. if you decide to go for straps make sure you lift as heavy as you can every workout with double overhand grip before using straps so your grip strength is always improving.

Just try again with a normal grip. Just because you fail once doesn't mean theres a major deficiency.

In the mean time try some towel pullups, they'll help with your grip.

is it okay to just wait until your forearm recovers and then attempt the set again? even if that is minutes

> mfw this mixed gripp meme again

chalk sure why not but mixed grip at 100kg? no

Deload and work on grip strength

that's the worst advice ever. why deload? grip strength becomes an issue at some point for every single lifter. your grip strength will increase very slowly compared to how fast you can increase weight on deadlift. you should ALWAYS be increasing the weight you can lift and work on your grip strength on the side.

using chalk/straps/different grip before X amount of weight is a meme because everyone is different.

This

>liquid chalk
>mixed grip
>for baby weights

LOL

also had this problem and can now pull 130 double over hand
after your sets
>pick it up and hold it for the longest time you can
>rest 30 seconds, try again
>keep deloading a bit so you can keep going
eventually you get down to 60 kg and that's it, worked for me anyway

>Failing on 100kg
Whew

This

>a) use chalk and cheat
>b) improve your grip strength
Why do people think it's okay to cheat on deadlift? Gripping the bar yourself is part of it you know. You aren't going to have chalk to hand when you have to lift that fallen tree off the woman of your dreams. Man up and train that grip strength son!

The stupid it burns.

Do not deload because of grip unless its grip strength you are working on.

Use assistance gear to continue to increase max lifts and work grip on the side. Deadlift is not a good exercise to increase grip strength.

Unless you plan to enter a Powerlifing Meet frankly grip strength is meaningless.

To each there own though.

Why would I lift a tree when I can use a lever and blocks and not tear my hands up. Silly Neanderthal.

>Unless you plan to enter a Powerlifing Meet frankly grip strength is meaningless.
oh come on.. A strong grip is one of those show off things. Useful!

yeah, just unthinkable! how can there be any person in the world who struggles with 100kg deadlift?

because you can't grip the tree. you would put it on your back and squat it up which is why it's important to have a good squat and deadlift numbers for hip drahve

220lbs is basically untrained tier. the average healthy non-fitizen male should be able to bend down and pick up 220lbs

have you seen the average male today? half of the time you don't even know if they are males because most of them look like tomgirls

i'm not talking about your shitty community college bub, i'm talking about fucking anatomy.

according to ...?
and that has nothing to do with anatomy

true. I can beat my brother in an arm wrestle but I can't out-handshake him

your observation about twink fuccbois has nothing to do with anatomy. like i said AVERAGE HEALTHY MALE. as in a human specimen. an anatomically average, not demographically average. you fucking retard.

what the fuck do you consider an "anatomical average" that isn't demographic average? do you even know what any of those words mean?

fucking healthy homo sapien sample. like i fucking said the only variable is height and even then you can average across the species. then the rest is just a matter of calculating mechanical strength based on leverages. 220lbs is untrained. your pathetic.

Yes. Both.

>Fail 100kg deadlift
>due to grip

For your sake I hope you're a teenage girl

and what is a healthy homo sapien sample according to you? how fucking dumb do you have to be to actually think that height is only variable?

no. what you will do is grip training, rack pulls, farmer's walks. NEVER use mixed grip and wait with the chalk until you get to heavy weights if need be.

Do not compensate with wrist wraps and other shit because some of your muscles are too weak. work on getting stronger where you fail the lift. how is this not common sense?

>tfw when no one on Veeky Forums uses this.

I have one. Its pretty great for your forearms. An increase in grip strength for deadlifts I noticed not so much. what improved my grip the most for deadlift was holding the bar on my last rep as long as I could as well as rack pulls.

Don't use mixed, its dangerous and causes imbalances. Learn hook grip, and also start doing additional grip strength training.

happen to me yesterday

just started lifting about a few weeks ago

>been doing 90lbs
>yesterday I decided to bump it just a wee bit
>tried doing 5x5 instead of 5x3 but with a faster pace
>by the 2nd set my left hand could not grip the bar
>I would try to reposition it once I got it off the ground
>had to re-do each lift when my hand slipped

I guess next time I should always take it slower?

>get one of these
>can close it a few times fairly easily with my right hand
>try left hand
>wrist popping, sharp pain every time

What the hell is going on?

I switched to mixed grip shortly after 100kg too. I've had no problemos. Don't accidentally curl that shit though or you'll be on the express train to snap city.

Mixed grip isn't dangerous.

You don't need to wait to use chalk, if your hands are sweaty you should use it no matter what.

Don't listen to people on here making fun of 100kg - everyone starts somewhere, fuck those cunts.

switch to mixed grip, make sure to alternate every set or there will be muscle imbalances

make sure to start working on grip strenght (forearms) on the side, they're sexy as fuck to women anyways.

See Asians at the gym.

>Sumo
>reverse grip
>straps

How fucking pathetic can you get. Real men use double overhand with no straps. There is a reason I can choke someone to death if I needed to.

First time I've ever wondered if someone on Veeky Forums has genuine autism. Fuck off you knob.

Work your grip strength for your accessory movement
>overhand ez bar curls
>heavy shrugs
Try to avoid mix grip unless your going for a heavy single or something, and you really don't need chalk unless you're pulling more than four plates

I had the same problem around 100kg, now i just try to do a many as possible with overhand and switch to mixed during the set - it helps slowly but surely

Yes, it is impossible to seriously deadlift without some form of chalk and a mixed grip or straps. Hook grip is a thing, but it takes a long time to get good at and doesn't scale to a lot of volume. If you get dependent on straps, you'll never be able to deadlift without them, but if you seriously wanna go that route, who am I to judge.

Deadlifted 105kg 1x5 today, mfw I'm stronger than OP.

>pic related, its my face after all.

i meant 1x4, my bad.

Never thought about holding the bar after DLing, are there any cons to doing this?

idk man I am not a doctor.

HEY, DR. BANTZ HERE, LETTING YOU NIGGAS KNOW THAT SAYING YOUR NOT A DOCTOR MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE! SO BY SAYING THIS, NOT ONLY AREN'T YOU GETTING PUSSY ON THE REG, BUT YOU AIN'T MAKING DESE PHART STACKS EITHER! BEST NOT TO SAY SHIT AT ALL HOMEBOY! HA! FUCK YOU! DR. BANTZ PUTS OUT!

Just start using mixed grip you fucking memers.
It wont create imbalances

It will just increase your risk of having a tear bicep. Yep, nothing to worry about

Like I said meaning less.

Then don't try to curl your pathetic 2 plate diddly heave you mongoloid. Relax your uppers arms and squeeze the bar you'll be fine

Is doing more deadlifts with double overhand grip a good way to train grip strength? I see some people saying it's not and I can't understand why that would be the case. 225+ for working sets is about where my grip starts to fail after a few reps.

>make sure you lift as heavy as you can every workout with double overhand grip before using straps so your grip strength is always improving

You can also do farmer walks or rack pulls to improve your grip

>holding the bar on my last rep as long as I could

Fucking this!

Weakest one can pull 0kg and the strongest 500. If you're below 250kg you're weaker than the average male

What is wrong with chalk, can anyone tell me?

My grip strength failed me on DL one day, so I just stayed at that weight until it didn't. Added 50lbs since then, and haven't had problems yet. So using normal grip. At lmao 2.5pl8

This. Might have just had tired muscles that day for whatever reason.

500 kg is the outlier and in no way represents the upper end. even 250 kg is already damn high for anyone and you have to be lifting for quite some time to reach it unless you have godly leverages.

Yes. As long as your form is good

Nothing, just buy and keep improving. Just don't do mixed grip, do normal grip with warm up and lighter set and use either straps or hookgrip for heavy sets.

You mean 220kg, right?

>according to ...?

>argues with generalized "nu males" meme
>Demands sources for all other information

You're a frustrating kind of stupid because you don't even understand that you're stupid.

I also hit my 2pl8 deadlift today after 6 months lifting. Is that any good? How much should I aim to add each workout?

If this is your first time, you should fuck off, newfag.

Tired muscles

Sensible post brah. Which is probably why most of Veeky Forums will call it bullshit.

2pl8 isn't good according to Veeky Forums standards, but I was proud when I finally hit it. Went from skelly mode to stronger skelly mode and it feels good.
For DL, 10lbs every workout.

4pl8 or you're not a man. Keep lifting faggot.

>Recommending straps over chalk
He wants to get stronger you stupid faggot, not look like a retard using straps because he can't hold lmao 2pl8.

Use straps for the time being so you can keep training deadlift, and then just do some grip training next to that what i like to do is grab the farmers walk bars put some wait on them and then just hold them for aslong as possible and make sure you sqeeze your hands tight around the bar

Yo. I had the same situation a while back. Chalk fixes everything. Mixed grip too. Alternate between sets - if you do it from the start it fixes any imbalances, if you stick with one way for too long you can't go back with dropping tons of weight.

Brodin be with ya

>tfw every gym ever used outlaws chalk

plate pinch

Did this really need it's own fucking thread? How literally new are you? God damn.

Yes. Use chalk when it gets heavy. Use mixed grip when it gets heavier. Are you scared you're gonna be called a cheater or something?

literally this, correct hook grip + chalk = awesome gains

straps are for faggots or people that can deadlift over 8 plates which is clearly not you or Veeky Forums

just bring liquid chalk and wipe the residue off the bar afterwards. no-one will notice and even if they do they won't give a shit

Makes sense, crush grip and static grip strengths are surprisingly uncorollated

nice quads senpai, how much can you squat?

Hook grip -> can hurt your thumbs
Mixed grip -> can creat imbalances

It's up to you desu, but 100kg means you're a complete dyel n00b, so just focus on getting bigger and stronger, you'll develop big forearms and strong grip, don't worry.

I-is 140kg deadlift still noob?

Asking for a friend. He's been lifting for 6 months straight.

>rack pulls
anything less than 3pl8 after 6 month would suggest a trouble with programming or being a female

Also do tons of stuff where you hang from a bar (pullups, leg raises)

If you want to keep a weak grip start compensating for it now

If you want a strong grip refuse to compensate grip strength until atleast 4pl8

>straps are for faggots or people that can deadlift over 8 plates which is clearly not you or /fit
What's your deadlift there, big guy