Engaging your lats during deadlift is a meme. Prove me wrong

Engaging your lats during deadlift is a meme. Prove me wrong.

What do people mean when they say engagin, like flexing?

yes, meant to do it at start of the lift sort of helps you brace

>Rack pulls
>Rack pulls
>Rack pulls

That's just pushing your chest out to aid in proper form, arching the back while pushing your scapula together.

Ever since I started engaging my lats Ive been lifting more weight with better form. Granted, it might just be proggresive overload or neuromuscular efficiency gains, but even if it was just a cue, its a helpful one.

It trains the back isometrically

How do you pull it over your knees without just scraping it up your leg? Doesn't it hurt?

You're retarded and is wrong. The lats, when at a 90 degree angle to the point of rotation, the deltoid, keep the bar stabilized so it doesn't move forward or backward as you lift the bar. This is why you start the lift with your shoulders slightly in front of the bar and your arms angled slightly inwards, because it's the most efficient angle for the lats to do their job.

not a meme. i do it. bring back your scapulae

Longer socks or wear sweats

How much does deadlifting actually do for your back? Feel like its more of a legs and core thing

it doesnt really do anything for any part of your body, before you pass 5-6 plates

I have seen absolutamente DYELS lift 4 plates for reps, with seriously not a single muscle on their lanky bodies

its a pretty useless lift, DESU

I fail to see how anything that stresses any muscle on any part of your body could be a waste of time. Reracking weights after yourself can even only be to your benefit. Faggot.

>absolutamente

It causes hypertrophy in the erector spinae, hamstrings and glutes mainly! The rest is almost insignificant! I'm sick of the whole deadlift meme which is an exercise with such a low risk-reward!

As I see it, it's only worth it if you feel that it helps to increase your squat. If it doesn'r really help, and your squat is progressing well past 4plts, not much point in doing any deadlifts

It makes me sick to see deadlifts as obligatory in too many places on the internet when there are far safer options and ppl saying that if you deadlift 500lbs there's no risk if ur form is "perfect".

Don't pinch your scapula push the down.

them*

Squatting is more dangerous than deadlifting faggot.