QTDDTOT

On StrongLifts is it okay if I do my pull ups when I get home from the gym? Gym has no dip belt and holding a dumbbell between my legs is just, well, not as great IMO. Gym to home is a 30+min journey.

Is this okay?
Pic semi-related. A Rollo OHP

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/Yohimbine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its fine yeah, routines are usually made in chunks like that because most people don't have the time to be training intermittently all day. obviously there are some exceptions, but for strength training and most mass training its if anything a good thing.

better solution - buy a dipping belt and take it to the gym.

Thanks user. You answered just in time. Nearly home. I would I just don't want it stolen or bullied from me.

keep in your gym bag man. my gym bag contains

>dipping belt
>lifting belt for squats
>microplates
>giant bottle of milk
>straps

and apart from the milk everyone in the gym asks to borrow stuff and are usually super respectful about it.

Is it possible to bulk without also gaining fat? How?

Gyno or nah? I'm 6ft, 160.

bulk really slow

you're just fat.

Do I need any on-cycle or post-cycle support while doing a cycle of DNP?

how much weight can I gain in 2 weeks realistically? I'm at my parents' and this home food is too good to resist, I'm trying my best but I feel like I gained 3 kilos in 4 days. Should I just do shitloads of cardio on rest days?

you gotta move the phone out the way man

yes. drugs.

It#s okay,
why not holding the dumbell between the ankles?

maybe a bit.

.maybe 6-7 kg, but it will reduce.
Try to use it for gains and throw in some high rep heavy stuff (squat, Deadlifts, Cleans+Jerk/Press)

Use this time of high kcal for buildng.

My gym had free PT session today for Valentine's day and I talked about nutrition and said I've been trying Intermittent fasting for 2 weeks now.

He basically laughed at my face and told fasting and eating only 2-3 meals a day is the most retarded thing you can do. Apparently I need to eat every 3 hours during the entire day.

What gives? Afaik he has a good degree and pt certificate yet he is giving me this cookie cutter advice and denying IF?

>broke ankle 10th of december last year
>it healed but it's mobility/strength is still hampered
any recommendations/tips on how to curate it effectively?

most retarded thing to do
literally 500 lb people on youtube eating that way and losing weight doing the process

this is why PT will lose massive chunks of business to the internet once high speed wifi is available in most gyms. they live in the dinosaur age :)

PT's are usually full bro-science mode and their certificates mean that they spent some cash on a weekend workshop. Eating 2-3 meals a day is perfectly normal.

Does L-carnitine help weightloss only when drunk before exercise, or is there a benefit to drink it on rest days too?

Fat girl losing weight here.

Can guys be attracted to formerly fat women? Would they be disgusted if they found out a qt was 40, 50kgs heavier in the past? Is that a dealbreaker?

the human body is physically incapable of adding only muscle or only fat. your body never is in a position such that gaining exclusively one or the other is desirable. this of course doesn't include roiders.

however, by slow bulking, you can look leaner if you bulk slow and eat very clean by growing your muscles such that they poke through your fat more, but your overall body fat will actually be higher despite being leaner.

literally all that matters is what you look like now.

Why would it be? I mean if you'll have loose skin or big stretchmarks then some will care, but other than that I don't think so.

lol no
Get into meditation. It will help with those kinds of anxious, worrying thoughts regarding yourself. Helps/helped me a lot (former fatty as well)

no, unless there are unattractive things on your body from being a former fatty (such as loose skin and stretchmarks and shit, but desu i don't really care about that shit so long as you're chill and pretty).

my ex gf was a former fatty and if anything i liked it because i felt lucky that i landed her in her most attractive state.

Just shoot yourself it is alot more efgicent then slowly cooking yourself

I'm 5'11 148lbs skinnyfat and I know all of you will tell me to bulk but I just reaaaally don't wanna gain more fat. If I did go full bulk how heavy should I be before I start cutting?

I got diagnosed with high blood pressure. Should I start a cardio regime to improve my general fitness and get my numbers down or should I continue lifting for gains? Am I more likely to blow a gasket and stroke out if I lift heavy with high BP?

Right...
No, he's full of bullshit.

Limber 11 and some single limb strength work.

just up your protein intake around ecercise and it will help a lot.

170-180lbs

Lifting heavy can lower your blood pleausure in the long run.
Look at your eating and your stress.

what does your diet consist of?

>Limber 11
thanks

What is full bulk? Go 200-300 calories over your maintenance as recommended bulk and stick with it for a while, as a skinnyfat you are at a worst point to start aut so you might as well gain some muscle (protein is improtant). You probably don't want to go full auschwitz mode with cutting.

couldn't he lift and slight cut? ive seen posts before of people getting to ottermode from skinnyfat for a slight cut and a consistent routine for 6 months.

noob gains and that

it depends bro. everyone stores fat differently and you being a skinny fuck might even find that fat gain is minimal.

look, no one ever said bulking needed to result in shit loads of fat gain. bulking sensibly and appropriately, you can look good year round. SS type bulking is retarded for people with your goals. if you want to actually get beyond 1/2/3/4 and look aesthetic, bulking is just going to have to become something to learn to live with (i've been on a 10 month slow bulk and am due to cut in 2 weeks, can't fucking wait to get it started).

the etxra strength and mass gained on bulks is just invaluable. if you want to see someone who bulks and cuts properly, check out justin lascek. he look good all the time and carries maybe a little more fat than i like to (he probably has to at his strength level), but he's very good at maintaining his look all year round despite the fact he's actually bulking and cutting all the time; you'd never even know he was without asking.

i'd say bulk on a 300 cal surplus (actual surplus not some estimated garbage from a TDEE calculator (though they are good for finding roughly what to eat but you gotta trial and error)) and if you can't recover properly or stall, eat a little more. when this becomes a problem again, eat more. when you feel like cutting, eat at a 500 cal deficit, keep intensity high and do cardio and in a month or two you'll be ready to start again with more mass and strength.

>5'11 148 skinnyfat
>tfw im 6'1 175

so am i just fat then? how the fuck is sub 150 at nearly 6'0 skinnyfat?

What is the best way to battle a bad focus?
Concentration is off most the time.

congrats, tody you learned an important lesson: PTs are not experts in their field, they are glorified salesmen

that garbage advice is utter nonsense. the need for meticulousness of that degree is relevant only to people seeking sub 5% body fat and shit. if not, you will notice zero difference in your body.

could be due to countless different factors. i for one have never had a problem focussing at the bottom of a heavy squat, its kind of hard to ignore.

He probably could, but he would be eating at around 1500 calories while lifting heavy, that's psychologically draining and his strength progress would be highly disappointing. It's possible with strong determination, but he will look better with some muscle, because at this weight he isn't really carrying that much fat, it just looks bad because muscles are small.

Exercises copy pasted from the book The Power of Concentration by Theron Q. Durmont

Exercise One:Sit in a comfortable chair and see how still you can keep. This is not as easy as it seems. You will have to center your attention on sitting still. Watch and see that you are not making any involuntary muscular movements. By a little practice you will find you are able to sit still without a movement of the muscles for fifteen minutes. At first I advise sitting in a relaxed position for five minutes. After you are able to keep perfectly still, increase the time to ten minutes and then to fifteen. This is as long as it is necessary. But never strain yourself to keep still. You must be relaxed completely. You will find this habit of relaxing is very good.

You mean at the gym? Find something to concentrate on, it's not just thinking "now I'm squatting so I shouldn't be looking at that chick", you have to set some cues ("keeping abs flexed", "pushing feet through the floor"), these are easier to focus on. If you don't have to focus then the weight isn't too demanding, is it?

>Exercise Two:
Sit in a chair with your head up and your chin out, shoulders back. Raise your right arm until it is on the level with your shoulder, pointing to your right. Look around, with head only, and fix your gaze on your fingers, and keep the arm perfectly still for one minute. Do the same exercise with left arm. When you are able to keep the arm perfectly steady, increase the time until you are ableto do this five minutes with each arm. Turn the palm of the hand downward when it is outstretched, as this is the easiest position. If you will keep your eyes fixed on the tips of the fingers you will be able to tell if you are keeping your arm perfectly still.

>Exercise Three
Fill a small glass full of water, and grasp it by the fingers; put the arm directly in front of you. Now fix the eyes upon the glass and try to keep the arm so steady that no movement will be noticeable. Do this first for one moment and then increase it to five. Do the exercise with first one arm and then the other.

---
Won't post the rest of the exercises. Try these and if you think them beneficial, you can look up the book yourself that contains the rest of the exercises.

this is obviously "self help" garbage

Maybe, the exercises work though.

I have like zero muscle bro

thanks user. sounds like a good read

It is. Just take it with a grain of salt (it was written in another era and some thoughts within it are a bit outdated),
The exercises are however good.

Okay, I deadlifted 220.5 1x5 about a week ago, it was hard but I managed it with alright form. Now I fail to lift the same weight for 1 rep for second workout, I just don't feel strength in my hands. I've managed it with hook grip for 1 rep today and felt like shit. Am I overloading hands prior to deads or what? Seem like I'm gonna reset the weight for now untill I can manage it again.

Been working out for about six weeks now, cardio and lifts, also eating 1200 calories a day.

I weighed myself for the first time and I've gained weight, although I definitely appear to be less flabby.

Is this normal?

protein, veg, carbs, vodka and stress

what's your work?

When should I try my 1rm and what is the point of maxing? I've been on 5x5 for about 4 months now

Try your 1RM after you taper your volume

The point is to know how strong you are. This is useful if there is a certain weight that you know you need to be able to move, or if you are going to do a program that is based off of percentages of a 1rm. You can go your whole life without ever attempting a 1rm if you want.

full time analyst

I'm in the process of getting 100% into lifting (starting in june, as I'm doing boxing as of now). So I tried to make myself a workout program. The way I did it, I lift 4 days a week and do HIIT twice a week (so 6 days of workout) and each day I work a muscle group:

Chest/Triceps on monday, back (from lats to lower back) on tuesday, Legs on thursday and biceps/shoulders/traps on friday. Now my question is, is it better to do it that way or should I work some muscles group more than once a week ?

Is it possible to contract aids or any other diseases from gym equipment?
I was deadlifting today and i scraped up my shin and it broke skin. I didn't see any blood on the barbell before I did it, but if there was could I have caught anything?

MRSA

Is ketosis legit? I want to cut down fast af.

Ive seen grown men tell each other they have hiv and have sex in the sauna. I've seen grown men wipe their ass after shitting and go back and touch all the weights in the gym. Take the proper precautions please

anyone ever found a new food, and recorded in in their journal using the wrong calculations, and then later recalculate it, and find out you were dramatically wrong in the calories?

I thought I was getting fat because I put in my trail mix wrong, but I just re-figured it, and I could've saved myself hundreds of calories in breathing room if I did it right the first time.

Is it possible to go TOO far when cutting calories?

I have been lifting in a home gym for about a month now, and have been eating smaller portions as well as cutting out fast food and energy drinks. Today I am experimenting with eating a very small bean burrito (think 2.5 inches long, maybe an inch in diameter) during my morning break, and for dinner I will be having a turkey sandwich with yogurt.

I'm sure this is good for weight loss, but will this hurt my gains?

Well, you can't have much gains while cutting, same as you can't gain muscles without getting fat.

More muscle mass = more weights (so more calories) = more fat.

Less fat = less calories = less muscles.

But then again, it's better to first cut when overweight and then try to get muscles if you're not satisfied by your physique/your lifts after you're done cutting.

So basically my workout time right now is doing more for losing fat/weight right now than building muscle?

I'm okay with that, I'll start going for muscle mass once my weight is under control

Bro... don't be a bitch. Just don't let people use your shit. No one has ever asked to use my belt and I would never comply. Lending a random some chalk is fine though.

would I lose weight faster if I stopped doing all my lifts while cutting from being obese?

when should I start doing weights?

I'm stalling on my squat at 65kg, and I think it's my hip mobility and overall flexibility. Anybody have any links to overall mobility and flexibility health aswell as hip mobility.

Anyone know of a good appetite/hunger suppressant? I'm a fucking leaf if that matters

Water and coffee.

green tea
coconut oil

Caffeine

I've been """ power lifting """ since I began because my friend memed me into it.

I've always had a good squat and dead lift.
But like all """ recreational power lifters' I've always had a small, weak chest.

I've never done bodybuilding before.

I've been doing 5x10 dumbbell bench like 3 or 4x a week in the hopes of growing my chest but its not really working so well.

How do I bodybuild?

How do I get a bigger chest?

I don't really know how to gain a lot of muscle, I only know how to get stronger.

look into some oils to help with any stretch marks you may have (apparent to you or not) but for the most part it's seen as a good thing because its not like you just dropped some cash and became fit or that you're so weak willed you accepted being out of shape, you earned it and a lot of people will notice and respect you for it

Is it possible to build legs without making my hips wider?

MUH

DIIIIIIICKKKKK

There's no evidence that L-carnitine supplementation does jack shit to improve body composition. It's a waste of money.

Exactly. Though you're still approaching it the right way. If you'd just cut, you'd loose fat and also some muscles, but by cutting AND working out, you will loose less muscles than without working out. Also, eating lots of proteins (I mean, still in the range of your cut and without doing something as crazy as eating 36 eggs a day) help to loose less muscles.

But you can't avoid loosing a little of muscle mass while cutting, only reduce it.

You need to weigh at least 180 lbs. Gain 30 lbs over the course of the next year.

To answer your question, do a hyperthropy routine, dummy. More volume, more isolations, more food. Lotsa sleep. Google chest exercises and do a bunch of them instead of just benching all the damned time, its not hard.

Now gib sauce, or I'll use my magic powers to curse you with eternal T-rex mode.

He has nothing to cut to. He would cut, be a skellington, decide to bulk, gain a little bit of body fat, then sperg out and decide has "bulked too hard" and needs to cut once more while weighing 137 lbs at 5' 11". It's what all these autistic skinnyfats do. Perpetual "cut" and "bulk" cycles while making ZERO fucking progress.

Just slowly bulk up to your ideal muscular weight. At 5' 11", it's very reasonable for a natty to walk around 180 lbs fairly lean. Get up to that range while bulking slowly and not becoming a fat faggot. Then cut. There aren't supposed to be these endless fucking cut/bulk cycles.

Alright, what do you do for chest? Can you give me an example of what lifts you might do and rep schemes?

i dont know anything about this

im not a doctor, and even if i was, only physiotherapist know

i dont have medical training

i am not sure, sorry

i have a brother that does ketosis

What sort of routine can I make with push ups, dips and pull ups/chin ups? I was thinking 4xf push ups and pull ups/chin ups 4 days a week but I just remembered about dips. Any help plz lads, can't gym atm

What's the average time to achieve a natty aesthetic? I know genetics plays a huge role, but I still want to know.

doing push ups will make u stronger

Also what's the most effective chin up/pull up varation? I've got one of those door frame bars

Let's say one year to look like you lift, 2 years to look somewhat aesthetic, 4-6 years to max out realistic gains. About that time with good training and diet and not starting out from fatass mode. But as you said there are million factors so what are these estimations worth?

my brother does a lot of pull ups

im not sure, i have not reached max and idk about my genetics

shoo shoo neck beard go away and never come back again with ur unhelpful comments

Okay nvm I checked on google and the first link says once a week is shit, in case anyone else wondered.

Any beardgrowfags tried peppermint oil as an alternative to minoxidil? Thoughts?

most effective are standard chin up and standard pull up, then weighted versions

maybe your muscles store more glycogen and their tonus might have improved, don't worry about it now

but why 1200 calories? are you a small woman?

Does yohimbe actually help with cutting or is it just another meme. Do any weight loss supps/thermogenics actually do shit?

1x a week training frequency is shit. Either upper/lower or full body if you want to lift 4 days a week.

Yeah I checked on the net a minute ago and the first link said the same as you. Do you know any good upper/lower split for strength training ?

i am not a doctor

examine.com/supplements/Yohimbine/

that's a nice site based on actual studies, find out for yourself

There are 5/3/1 beginner program programs out there which are essentially upper/lower. The "nsuns" program on le reddit has good reviews, and I think that one works for beginners.

How much time do you think I need to achieve this? (I'm skinny as fuck btw). Also, these estimations will make me more motivated, thanks.

I woke up with dull pain in my right hip and weakness weird sensation in the leg below my knee, calf and ankle. Am I dying?

I would say about 2 years or so, depends heavily on your height/frame etc.. As a turbo manlet it might be 1 year, as 6'5 lanklet it would be fucking long if even ever achievable.

Two years of nothing but eating protein and lifting/squating.