Be me

>be me
>amateur boxer
>going 17 - 0
>get inspired by Veeky Forums to start lifting
>last fight was yesterday
>lost
Fuck man, my trainer said my punches were looking slower, but on the plus side, I definitely felt more power

Can any of you babes recommend some weight training routines that fit well with boxers?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmsi.ru/issueview/bae9f654-029d-4a81-bfdc-e42e5760efda/files/punching_with_power1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=0JN8Nque1Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=0cLPpgmG_PE
amazon.co.uk/BAS-RUTTEN-MMA-Workout-CD-DVD-x/dp/B00CXS6T02
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lots of volume, low weight. Boxing is about being light on your feet, having stamina, and being quick.

go to a boxing forum. or a place that might know like sherdog's forum for standup

High reps, low weight. Got it.
What do you recommend for shoulders? I've mainly been doing pure calisthenics, with spider push-ups for shoulders, but they're getting too easy

my advice is to not ask fit about sports

Those guys are toxic as fuck

Your trainer doesn't have advice or a program he could recommend?

overhead press is king

>spider pushups for shoulder
wut, those are chest, abs, and some triceps.

handstand pushups are the ones that hit shoulders. alternatively overhead press if you dont wanna learn em

>He fell for the lifting meme
My sides!

no
this
boxing coaches that know about lifting are very, very rare.

OP, what works best for fighting sports is working on full body explosive movements, like front squats, hang cleans, clean and press, overhead carry and shit like that. that and plyometrics is what you are looking for.

Just getting bigger and stronger won't help you box except in terms of mass=impact. full body weighted exercises will make you faster and stronger tho, but you HAVE TO REST. boxing is fucking cardio central, if you're going to lift, you need to have at least one day after where you literally do nothing. otherwise lifting will kill your game.

>t. me
>amateur MMA/coach for 15 years

I had a few fights as an amateur kick boxer, until my internship got in the way.
My trainer knew nothing about lifting so I had to look for things by myself. That's when I found "Punching with power". It's a great book that willl help you a lot. It has a 2 months program focused in increasing puching power. Pros: It is a really in-depth book. Cons: It is focused for pro boxers, so you would have to dedicate a lot of time, or ignore some parts of the routine to make it fit your everyday life.

Here's the link: bmsi.ru/issueview/bae9f654-029d-4a81-bfdc-e42e5760efda/files/punching_with_power1.pdf

Thanks bro, what about shadow boxing with 1.5kg Dumbbells?
I've been doing that for years now and it's only ever made me faster, surely it can't be bad right?

Thank you senpai, free Ebola make me horny

>Ebola
Fuck no, meant ebooks

You are welcome my friend. If you read it you will notice that almost all of the exercises mentioned are listed in the book
PS: Use lifting routines as an accesory. Nothing beats perfect technique
PS2: Remember to hit the heavy bag a lot. It works wonder for punching power

We really are. Fuck that place

no, that fits in with plyometrics as long as you don't fuck up your shoulders.

ankle weights and a lot of that old school karate/kungfu shit are good too.

jar lifts, horse stance, dragon walks, duck walk, hammer lifts/hammer toss, ishi-sashi

second this

We got him real good, lads. He fell for the lifting meme.

How would squats help in boxing? Judo and wrestling and mma are world's away from boxing when it comes to the required movements.

posting the routine my mom did when she was a martial artist.
4xweekly, 6 sets 30,20,15,10,5,5. add weight weekly or every two weeks.

make your hips and legs better, jump better, sprint better, make you more able to dig

6 sets of what?

bench press, squats, deadlift, pull-downs, curls, and skull-crushers.

somebody bring those combat sports general threads back pls

You dont need to lift anything higher than 5 kgs. Unless of course you are quitting boxing?

ABS
youtube.com/watch?v=0JN8Nque1Sc

Shoulders
youtube.com/watch?v=0cLPpgmG_PE

Conditioning

amazon.co.uk/BAS-RUTTEN-MMA-Workout-CD-DVD-x/dp/B00CXS6T02

>Real advice
Something called sport specific training in boxing you need explosive energy so on bench press, OHP, tricep extensions dont use weight so heavy that its slow rising but instead use a weight you can shoot up obvously nothing under what you should be doing but use explosive energy, also do lots of cardio

my hockey friends used to just grab dumbbells and swing them around as if they were fighting, seemed legit to me