Why does it feel so good to know you have Roman heritage?

Why does it feel so good to know you have Roman heritage?

I don’t know, but it feels pretty good.

For some reason I feel patriotic/proud for Rome even though my country was just a backwater imperial province. Many others here do too

I guess that was the true power of Rome

How do people know they have Roman heritage? Isn't it impossible to trace your family back that many generations?

“Roman heritage” probably just means more of a cultural/historic one rather than genetic one

I'd assume that MOST people in Europe have Roman heritage to the point of meaningless really. Italians for instance wouldn't be especially connected to ancient Rome genetically any more than other Mediterraneans.

This is literally OP.

I have 100% Italian heritage but I don't go around posting this stupid shit. Italy was overrun by dozens of barbarian tribes, Lombards, Huns, Vandals, Ostrogoths... if you understand population genetics you can also understand how little of Rome do all European modern populations have.

This t b h
Sounds like a lot of LARP, We WUZZ, and heritagefagging.

no one has proven "Descent from Antiquity", not even royals. not one claim is proven.
if you are so sure then post proofs and be world famous, user!
i suppose you're just enjoying your LARP, though, and there is no harm in that. but if you have bona fide evidence of DFA then don't be shy!

Muhammad's been let out of his pen again I see.

Oh look a BLACKED poster agrees with you though.

>italy was overrun by dozens of barbarian tribes
Which didn't really do much to the italian gene pool, germanics were a tiny minority that imposed its will on the local population. If anything Northern Italians aren't more Romans than say the Southern French for the simple fact that the original population was celtic to begin with.

This is true but only because "true" Latins were a small population that progressively assimilated all the other italic tribes. But if you're implying that italians have no closer connections to those tribes compared to the Spaniards or the Occitans, then no, that's bullshit, they obviously do.

Why do people confidently write untrue things without checking the best available data first? What's wrong with people like you?

>Blonde haired and blue eyed
>Family comes from Spain
What's the nearest empire I can plunder and carve out a kingdom?

>I'd assume that MOST people in Europe have Roman heritage to the point of meaningless really

Stfu g*rm*nic dog. You are not Roman

Neither are you sweetie

we

Pretty great. One time I picked up some of my shit from the toilet because I wondered how it felt to the touch.

>tfw Ancient Roman phenotype

I am a Latin

never coming to Veeky Forums again

>Feelings that Byzantines don't know

>the feeling is mutual roach

kek

I love this comic

All mutts are ever able to respond with is calling people muhammad and talking about blacked.
Really got the old noggin joggin

feels pretty good, to be honest

Which province would that be?

t. Muhammad ibn Khalid

But isnt that just everyone in Europe and the Middle East?

whiter than you muhammed

Why 1711?