Explain to me how wrestling isn't the best sport to keep you in shape?

Explain to me how wrestling isn't the best sport to keep you in shape?

>pro tip, you cant

A) Rates of injury
B) Can't always get a no homo out because of mouth guards

Toughest sport by far but most people don't ever get out of the high school level. Even less get to an Olympic level, tell me are there club teams for wrestling?

It's definitely gay as fuck, but I've never had a sport that forces you to monitor your weight so religiously and maintain a high amount of strength and endurance.

I mean football and basketball come to mind but you can get away with not really watching your diet, just don't be a retard about it.

>mfw end of wrestling season and you no longer have to make weight so you have a weeklong cheat day.

I'd do wrestling but I'm sure I'd get raging boners a lot. No homo though

Low accessibility. If you don't start in high school then good luck. With that being said, in a world where life is so easy grappling is one of the best ways to experience hardship and develop mental and physical toughness

I loved wrestling and it definitely made me stronger both mentally and physically, but seeing some guys literally dehydrate themselves to make weight clearly didn't make it the healthiest sport.

Jiu-Jitsu for me user

yeah, but mainly for freestyle and greco

Good gets

A) Injury rate not that high
B) Mouth guards aren't used... they're for pussies

I'm not a huge fan of ringworm and I didn't wrestle in high school so there is no way for me to get into it when I could just get into a different fitness intensive sport, hobby or job. Judo and rugby require a lot of training, tree planters burn about 7000 calories a day and make a lot of money up in Canada, similar situation with wildfire fighters. Working on the oil fields gives you good forearms, and so does bricklaying.

>thinking firearms are the most important

Bruh roofing is where it's at.

Dont opponents sometimes shove their thumb up your ass?

no, if anything they'll try and sack tap you

This. Wrestled in highschool and there is so much foul play and all my friends who continued to wrestle in college say it stayed the same or got worse. Sack-smacking, leghair ripping, knuckle grinding, all thay shit.

Wrestling does get you into great shape, but it puts a limit on you if you are trying to stay within certain weight classes, its great to get you lean and be able to man handle your bodyweight, but it wont get you big as fuck.

Because I can't do it naked.

It was just an example of the many fitness availabilities in life whether they pay money or cost money.

>sprinting

The dubs have spoken OP, leave this site forever.

>If you don't start in high school then good luck.
At my school it was really common for kids to start in middle school but we were in a really competitive district.

Yeah that shit sucked, having to stay at 140-150 made my strength stall for over a year in highschool. Once i got out of wrestling and started bulking my bench fucking skyrocketed though. It went from 225 to 275 in a month, I don't know if that kind of spontaneous strength surge is faster than gradual gains or what.

I know.... sorry I'm just shit posting because I'm bitter over the fact that I'm the side dude in a relationship and so I had to spend it alone today.

They were good examples though user. Have a good night.

I knew this guy that had a similar job, he had to eat over 7500 calories a day just to not lose weight, dude looked fucking shredded all the time at 225 pounds, natty.

most grappling martial arts are useless if you have a knife.

all martial arts are useless if you have a gun

for instance, gun is best martial art

KURT ANGLE FUCK YEAH

i wish i had done wrestling in high school, jiu jitsu on the side along with boxing and muay thai

even if you did a real chad would've ended up almost killing you eventually...

Because water polo is objectively better and not full of manlets. Any sport that is divided in "weight classes" means the athletes are too scared to compete against people slightly bigger than them.

Also we make the best Navy SEAL candidates, look it up.

Judo is kinda like wrestling but cooler.

rugby is better

>strength
>power
>conditioning

>judo
>wear pyjamas

Half the positions on a rugby team are filled by fat fucks.

IT'S CALLED A DOUGI AND IT'S THE TRADITIONAL UNIFORM OF THE JUDOKA.

beer props went out of style in the 90's. it's all muscle props now

What position are you?
Also is pic related allowed? This happened in a game and the offending players didn't get sent off. What the fuck you could cause some permanent spinal damage by pulling something like this, especially with the speed with which it happened.

cutting weight during your teenage years is a great way to stunt your growth and turn out a manlet

if you want to stay in shape go for a jog, don't do an incredibly grueling and physically damaging sport

>What position are you?
wing
>Also is pic related allowed?
Above the neck/high tackles are a big no no. free kick to turnover depending on the severity of the tackle, this looks fucked, should have been a yellow or even red, but I've got no idea what it's from which leads me to believe that the ref was fucking blind
>the second frame looks like he's leaning in to kiss him

>gun is best

>free kick to turnover

*penalty kick to red card
not sure why I wrote either of those words

>stunting growth

Well good thing I grew up to became 6'2" 220 because of wrestling. Would have hated to be a lanklet.

Injury rate is higher than other sports which offer more fitness

You sound like a complete pussy.

Submission grappling aka BJJ for MMA with some striking is the ultimate form of fighting.

Heh, let's see you grapple my dai katana(大刀)

*teleports behind you*

Any sport where you use less muscle the better you get at it is doing the opposite of keeping you in shape.

i was a little guy so i basically had to wrestle. am 6'0' 215 now. went to state twice. audience was only parents, no one cared about the sport.

no it's not, you can't grab their fucking legs

That's an Odachi you autism

>judo to keep gains

enjoy north south asshole lock fag

>Any sport that is divided in "weight classes" means the athletes are too scared to compete against people slightly bigger than them.

no, it means the sport federation acknowledges weight has a major advantage, because you know, they actually practice the sport

don't get me wrong, i'm not into fight sports anymore, i was just astonished how brain dead you are