Whas your opinion on pescatarian diet (ovo-lacto vegetarian + fish) ?

Whas your opinion on pescatarian diet (ovo-lacto vegetarian + fish) ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oR35bcS_j-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably pretty healthy.

May be the reason why i look so good

Awesome. Downside, expensive especially if you're trying to gain. Good healthy fish is pricey.

Dunno where you live mate but here fish is cheaper than meat, especially red meat.

I dont want to get bigger im fine as I am I just go 3 times a week to the gym to keep in shape because i dont have a lot of time with college + work

youtube.com/watch?v=oR35bcS_j-s
just make sure you eat your raw garlic to kill the parasites

I actually did one for a few months! Let me chime in. Here are my takeaways:

> delicious
> no need for fish oil
> need to watch mercury levels
> expensive

Stopped because it got too expensive to eat the seafood that actually tastes good (salmon, shrimp, scallops, lobster). Pacific whiting and especially cod are disgusting. Tilapia is good, but I got tired of it after a while. Also stopped because I cook my food in bulk and reheated seafood is a lot less appetizing than reheated chicken.

salmon ?

wtf mate u rich or w0t i eat fucking tuna cans every fucking day and im still not tired

didnt know about that thanks m9

>mercury levels
This is a meme. If there was anywhere near enough mercury to do harm why haven't all fish companies been sued into non-existence?
The mercury meme is on the same level as the >liver and kidneys are bad for you because they hold all the toxins meme

Only fish diets are terrible as majority of fishing companies are not environmentally friendly. They literally rape and pillage the fisheries fucking the eco-system. Fish have feelings too, just because they aren't fluffy and cuddly doesn't mean you should eat them into non-existence.

Im not sure If I should believe my doctor telling me to watch out for mercury levels or you telling me its a meme.

Also Im not pescatarian for ethical reasons so idgaf m9

I'm from the northeast US and it's hard for anything to compete with $2/lb chicken breast

if it's for ethical reasons - it's retarded
otherwise doesn't really make a difference

>fish
>not meat

Doctors also tell you not to lift heavy. Better stop that now mate, the gym is bad for you.
Mercury levels are pretty much a non issue unless there is a major fuck up that would ruin their company. In which case you get a massive pay out and they roll over and die. It's a win win.

OP asked for Veeky Forums's opinion on it, that's my opinion.

>US and it's hard for anything to compete with $2/lb chicken breast

Fish and chicken is like the same price here but i prefer fish (not from usa)

i know fish is meat im not a retarded fagget but you understood i was refering to other types of meet so fuck off m9

desu bump

>If there was anywhere near enough sugar to do harm why haven't all junk food companies been sued into non-existence?
>If there was anywhere near enough fat to do harm why haven't all fastfood companies been sued into non-existence?
Mercury poisoning from fish is a real issue, particularly for people who live off fish with long life spans since it accumulates in their flesh over their lives and then into yours when you eat.

Most people dont eat enough fish for mercury levels to be a threat, since the body can remove mercury slowly, but if you stick to a heavy fish diet you do have a risk of mercury poisoning.

>Better stop that now mate, the gym is bad for you.
Are you retarded, of course lifting heavy isnt good for you. Literally no one on Veeky Forums or in any gym who does heavy weights does it for their health. Some light ass weights and cardio is all you need to be healthy, everything past that is for ego/aesthetics/girls/some other reason than health.

stop scaring me m9

Healthy as fuck. Especially if going for ottermode, physique, or classic bb look I suspect. Probably hard to get enough calories and saturated fats for powerlifting, strongman, or bb. Also you need plenty of salmon or make sure to supplement with creatine due to lack of res meat.

ottermode > every other look specially im a ectomorph so idgaf about being a fucking gigantic monkey

All my female friends say bodybuilding type of body isnt even fucking aesthethic

Yeah but that's Ronnie Coleman who was arguably the greatest bber of all time.. Thinking that with a bit of bb type training and eating you would ever look remotely like him is like thinking if you play basketball once or twice a week you'll suddenly turn in Shaq. Do you see how stupid you are?

fuck off m9 i get 10x the pussy you get without looking like a dumb cuck fagget

Hi user.

I have never met anyone on the Veeky Forums that actually realized this.
Props to that, you are not mentally retarded like the rest.

I cringe every time I read how people thing they are insanely healthy for lifting weights and the general attitude towards docs. They really think they know more then docs, it's hilarious.

Think* than*
Phones are so fucking shit

I'm not denying that senpai. I'm just saying for 99% of guys doing some bbing training and eating will not make you look remotely like the biggest pro bber of all time, especially factoring in drugs.

So it's nonsensical to post a pic of the biggest pro bber of all time with the most Olympia wins and use it as an example of what your average amateur bber will look like even remotely..

It would be perfectly healthy if you had good variation of your veggies and fish same goes for a meat eating diet

It wouldn't necessarily be hard to get high calories on a pescatarian diet however the bulk of your calories are not going to come from fish unless your happy to eat a fuck ton of salmon. They would have to come from fat like butter, milk or nuts/oil if you cant consume dairy

That's bullshit. Sitting on your arse all day is worse for you. Any type of exercise or athletic activity done to a high level is bad for you. Runners fuck up their knees. Gymnasts have plenty of joint injuries. Strength training is no different to these and for many people the right type of fitness training.

As someone who was 40% bodyfat, was so weak I couldn't do weightless squats let alone normal activities like shopping say; and mainly by barbell strength training at a calorie deficit by common weight training nutrition principles on protein, fats, & so forth; reduced my bodyfat by half while getting strong enough to compete in powerlifting, it has absolutely improved my health and life. My doctor agrees completely seeing as he prescribed exercise for me in the first place.

Sure it's "healthier" than being morbidly obese and absolutely physically inactive.

But any random guy that does his cardio 30 min a day and isn't fat is healthier than all those posters on Veeky Forums that think they are super dedicated healthy being because they ass broccoli to their fucking shitty BB diet and fuck up their joints by doing anaerobic exercises.

At one point I thought everyone on this board as absolutely aware of the fact that no one does bb / strength training for "health" reasons, but for fun, entertainment, looks.
But a few years in lurking I have completely realized that people on here actually think they are insanely healthy.

That is excluding the cardio part of Veeky Forums, because that does exists too.

Doctors, like family doctors? Ya theyre practically useless. Their idea of exercise is walking or curling 2lb dumbells.

Strength training gives you... strength and muscles (that are basically armor for your body). It also helps with bone health and hormone levels. It gives a sense of well being and acts as an anti depressant. And if youre doing it properly it means you also have your diet in check. The health benefits are numerous.

Anything else you want to say faggot?

Yeah, it's not even remotely healthy compared to aerobic training (high reps) and cardio.

Get over yourself and face the truth. If you cared about actually being healthy you wouldn't do BB training.
Now stop advertising yourself as healthy, you probably can't even run a 10k without collapsing.

Cardio is a meme. Women and the elderly do cardio

K

Get to 275 bench then you can have an opinion on what men do.

Yeah, I bench 315 - I am just as unhealthy as you are.

The difference is that I do not advocate myself as healthy. I am well aware that I am not.
Neither are you.

Ya im sure you do lmao

>He thinks it's hard to progress bench
Kek, you are unhealthy and then even shit at it.

What's hard about progressing a lift that simply takes tons of volume and 3+ frequency? Nothing.
It gets hard when you near 4pl8.

None of the actual scientific research says that though. Strength training has been shown to have a whole range of health advantages as the user mentioned, on hormone levels for example. So does structured high intensity cardio training.

Anecdotally I'm pretty sure I'm fitter and healthier doing 3 - 4 sessions of weight training and HIIT per week while eating clean, than say someone who does a couple of Zumba sessions a week and bit of walking.

You're saying that regular people (middle aged housewives etc) who do 30 mins of low intensity exercise cardio a day and don't worry about clean eating, are measurably healthier & fitter than competing athletes say who do high intensity training and are strict about nutrition? Why are you even on Veeky Forums?..

Yeah, that is exactly what I am saying. They will have less issues with their joints on average than you and a better cardiovascular health than the average Veeky Forumszen.

But no, when you are talking about a housewife etc. it just gets a negative flare. I actually mean people that do cardio as aerobic training with at least some kind of dedication and also progress.
I don't think the average American does that.

You doing HIIT already makes you an exception here. That's a good step.
However, "slow" cardio, as you call it, is actually the "true" cardio, that what makes your hearth healthy. Cardio is about increasing the workload your body can generate without your heart going up to crazy BPM - you need to keep your heart rate low.
HIIIT is part of a successfull cardio training but should always be the minor part of cardio training. The actual healthy part about cardio is "slow", prolonged cardio with monitored, low cardio.

>what are you even doing on Veeky Forums
I bench 315 - what do you think I am doing here? I lift for fun but don't live under the illusion of being "healthy" or doing it to be so.

I know enough about actual healthy training because I grew up in a family of successfull doctors that gave me enough shit for lifting the way I do.

No one is talking about neglecting both. Where I fundamentally disagree with you is that saying someone who only does cardio training will be healthier, than someone who does a mix of structured cardio training as well as weight training.

This is what Hitler strived for