Milestone

I hit 100kg on my squat today. Twice. Ass to grass high bar.

It's not much, but it's a significant milestone for me.

What did you do today /fit?

Considered suicide

It can only get better, mang.

Bench is going up on my new program, hit 210 for reps today.
My goal since I started was 2 plate, I'm gonna get there

lost all motivation to live

I have that goal too.

I want to hit 4 plate DL, 3 plate squat, 2 plate bench, 1 plate OHP (done)

I did 5 reps at 160kg highbar on keto while on 1500kcal a day for 3 months

be careful bro, I just hit 2 plate for reps on bench, and now life feels entirely pointless.

Took some clonazolam and currently lying in my bathtub contemplating if i should masturbate

My head feels always on the verge of tipping over to a headache
I want to go the gym, but I think I'm going to let myself rest.

Lift vicariously for me bros

That's amazing. Body weight?

Same breh, I'm closing in on that 4 plate DL, feels great.

Only thing to do now is to push for a 3 plate bench.

120ish kg, so not that amazing. Im thinking i could do 180-190 for 5 if i just ate carbs for a week.

Finger yourself.

hopefully when I'm testing for 3 plates, I drop the bar on my neck and experience a quick death.

Webm related, beltless 190kg single i did a few days ago.

Did a 500m on the erg in 1:18,6

I hit one plate (60kg) on overhead press for 5. Took me forever, so pretty stoked.

Rest day, but yesterday I hit 275 squat and 195 Bench for 3x5. Next week I'll be barbell rowing 225 for reps.

100lb db press for 8

Benched 70 kg for 3 sets of 5 today when I didn't sleep at all last night, haven't trained for a week and haven't eaten enough either. I'm glad about making progress, but it just makes me think how much better I'd be doing if I actually learned to eat/sleep properly.

I also squatted 80 kg for 3 sets of 5, high bar atg. It just feels much more natural for me to touch my calves with my hamstrings and then bounce back up. I've tried low bar but below parallel feels like I'm stopping the movement unnaturally and it takes more effort than just hitting bottom with high bar. Any advice? I have pretty long femurs so maybe that might be the reason.

>squatting only 10kg more than you bench

Spotted the guy who fell for the dont squat meme

I'm one week closer to a 4pl dl .... in a year.

Funny, because I train 3 times a week and I also squat 3 times a week. Then again, you probably don't lift at all like most of this board so th-thanks I guess.

Yesterday I deadlifted 120kg for the first time for 5
Pressed 55kg for the first time for 5

My deadlift is seriously lagging (far less than my squat) so I'm happy it's coming along with the back work I'm putting in.

But my bench went down by 10kg last night and I don't know why.

Still have gas in the tank so thinking about going tonight and getting some form videos tonight on the big 4

I thought this for years then it got worse

Long femur user as well, high bar squats are indeed comfy af, but they don't hit hammies. I'm guessing you're not keeping your torso as parallel to the floor as it is necessary.
Think of doing a squat morning (that's the price you pay for long femurs), not keeping your body upright. You might need a belt though, they are tough on your lower back.

Did you the Press before bench?

Thanks for replying. I isolate my hamstrings with leg curls once or twice a week at the end of my workouts. I'm kinda hoping that and deadlifts are gonna be enough for my hamstrings for now but I'm still a very early novice so there's no point in me brining up lagging body parts as my entire body is lagging.

Snatch grip deficit deadlifts for hamstrings. Thank me later. I've been doing these for a month instead of regular deadlifting, and not only have I added 15kg to my squat max just by strengthening my fucking weak as shit hamstrings, my conventional deadlift has actually shot up from 200kg to 215kg

Squatted for the first time in a month or so. Got only mild discomfort in lower back at night but it went away. Did some babyweight diddlies as well. Going to aboard the gains train slowly but surely. WIll need to hit the accessories like a motherfucker to keep my back in check but it's happening.

Thanks, but I currently only pull 110kg for 5. I don't think my hamstrings are underdeveloped to the extent of requiring specific programming for them as my entire body is underdeveloped but I'll definitely try them out when I start moving acceptable weights.

Rest day today

Doing this training cycle beltless, squats up to 375 for 4x3

Congratulations bro, keep lifting

Solid. wd m8y. Training for anything in particular?

I got up to 1Pl8 OHP for reps.
Told my dad, he had nothing to say other than "okay". friends dont really care either.

135 OHP 2x5

that gym looks cozy as fuck...jelly

Looking at his stats it's more likely he just hasn't been lifting that long.

Now if he was benching 100 kg for reps and squatting 100 kg for reps, then we'd have a problem.

>Torn labrum means I'll never be able to hit 1pl8 OHP
I mean I'm glad I can still do other lifts but fuck, there goes the combo
Also nogfever

how dare you

Don't know what's nicer, that squat or that gym.

you were supposed to be included in I'm happy for you user
get those gains homie

aight, fuck you too m8

Dont lose hope my dude. my spine is broken in like 3 places but i'm getting my squat up im up to 175 but it took such a long time. you just try it 2.5lbs at a time.

i feel like i finally "get" how to push press now. I did 5x4 with 165 lbs and then 3x3 with 175 and it always felt smooth and easy. i've done this weight before, but it was a struggle then.

Only thing notable today was my almost finally for my one armed chin up down. I know it's a worthless meme, but still

But you didn't do it, keep pushing.

Good work user, not everyone is going to appreciate your progress but you know you've improved

Does the milestone need to be Veeky Forums related?
(Well, I got a girl to mire, so I guess that counts as a level of Veeky Forums?)

I drive Uber on the side, and gave a ride to a qt Chinese girl (fresh off the boat transfer student)
She looks at me while I'm driving and says "You have big arms, very strong?", etc. in her goofy English
We chat, she asks if she can add me on Facebook, we're grabbing coffee this weekend

I was skinnyfat/skeleton 2-3 years ago

feelsgoodman

That's kind of the deal with lifting. Even if you compete, 99% of the people around you will not give a shit. You do it for your own satisfaction or you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

benched 2 pl8s last friday finally

I pulled my neck during squats today and had to stop, is that a milestone?

did it feel like it tightened up and then popped at the top?

same thing happened to me a few months ago. no idea what the fuck happened

I walked my doggo for almost 8 miles today and didn't kill myself. That's not bad for being forced to not lift for awhile

Feed.

Shitpost.

Nah, it was a hot pain like when you twist your arm too quick. It was because I stuck my head up too far and out. I made the mistake of looking forward strictly during diddies once and did it too. It's because it out some of the weight strain in my neck.

Not safe. Sort of lingers throughout the day.

sucks m'dogg

It's temporary, but a harsh reminder of the importance of form over completion. In my defense, I had to skip an entire week of lifting for an unrelated injury and today was the first day back at my working weight.

This is so fucking cute I hate you

I just hit 85 kg 5 reps low bat squa after 3 months. Am I doing it right?

Also, I feel pain in my tailbone when I'm squatting. Now I have a mild pain there only if I touch that area, however I don't know if this is normal since it feels like when I work hard on my biceps.

Is this normal?

yeah thats good

ive felt pressure at my tailbone that goes away like 30mins after i leave the gym before

no idea why i feel it, haven't in a while

You almost certainly did not. Few people have the leverages and mobility to squat ATG. You need short femurs and shallow hip sockets to be able to do it. Over 90% of ATG™ squats I've seen IRL are just DYELs losing tightness at the bottom and letting their lower back round. If you think you are doing sub 3plate ATG squats, you most likely don't know how to squat. If your deadlift is also more than 25% higher than squat, you definitely don't know how to squat.
t. 220kg ATG™

I actually did real squats and deadlifts. I've been practicing on smith and other machines because I'm scared my form is bad and I'll fuck up but then I manned up and did it.

My legs feel like actual death but damn it was enjoyable.

You almost certainly did not. Few people have the leverages and mobility to squat ATG. You need short femurs and shallow hip sockets to be able to do it. Over 90% of ATG™ squats I've seen IRL are just DYELs losing tightness at the bottom and letting their lower back round. If you think you are doing sub 5plate ATG squats, you most likely don't know how to squat. If your deadlift is also more than 25% higher than squat, you definitely don't know how to squat.

t. 230kg ATG™

Yo I'm on the same boat, never squat or deadlift because afraid of bad form

Just fucking do it and get it over with. Watch as many videos as you can. Hell watch them in between sets to make sure you're doing it right.

What motivated me was seeing a girl come in the gym, half my size and squatting 2pl8. I knew I couldn't bitch out after that.

Did a bunch of shitty arm isolations and felt fucking great.

It's a milestone because I broke my wrist months ago and this is the first time I've been able to work out again without pain. I'm not doing OHP or bench again for a while yet but it feels fucking great to move weight again.

You almost certainly did not. Few people have the leverages and mobility to squat ATG. You need short femurs and shallow hip sockets to be able to do it. Over 90% of ATG™ squats I've seen IRL are just DYELs losing tightness at the bottom and letting their lower back round. If you think you are doing sub 8plate ATG squats, you most likely don't know how to squat. If your deadlift is also more than 25% higher than squat, you definitely don't know how to squat.

t. 290kg ATG™

Started 5/3/1 tell me now before I meme myself /fit, are these lifts to low to start this? I'm asking because I'm doing the wendlers version which seems to be very volume extensive
Bench-155
Squat-205
Diddlylift-285
OHP-105
All by 5 of course, 1year of lifting at 165lbs right now

Meh. There's no set number you need to hit before using the program.

Might not hurt to read up on it though and make sure you know what the hell you're doing (hint; if you don't know the actual name of the template you're doing, there's likely an issue).

State of Veeky Forums in 2017

You should be fine.
Also you should do the big but boring accessories.

> worthless meme
No its not.

Keep it up and do it for reps.