I cant into OHP fit

I cant into OHP fit

I am stuck at 37.5 kg for two weeks now

Fucking hell I hate it so much it feels like such a waste of my bench press gains

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EugElNVC2BU
instagram.com/p/BHcXaxtjLTT/
youtu.be/OepRR_02q3g?t=1m38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Deload and up the volume for a session and then try again. Hit those accessories

Do bench press instead
OHP is shit

OHP is a meme, dosent have any benefits what so ever

HIT incline bench and accessories INCLUDING TRAPS. people forget this- your entire shoulder yoke and upper back go into OHP.

add some heavy sets of high pulls and high cable rows and remember to eat

so this si what Veeky Forums has become

Try something similar, but different like dumbell ohp or behind the neck press for a week or two then go back and try your ohp

you're a shit, I bet you can't even press 1pl8

OHP is dope as fuck.

>mfw last OHP rep

OHP is my favorite excercise even though it still gives me the most back pain.

Watch some videos and see what you're doing wrong. also deload and add volume like the guys before said Also check your food intake and sleeping time. You can do it bro.

I've been stuck at 37,5kg for 3 weeks now user, no meme
we can do it

>ohp is shit

t. DYEL

Eat more. Make sure you're training your lower back (ie DL). Do some volume accessory shoulder lifts (front/lateral raises)

im in the same situation user but with my bench.

its stuck at 190 lbs 3x5 and iv tried eating more ,adding volume and deloading. i did it 3 times a weak but i stwitched too a ppl last weak too attempt to fix it. how do i improve it

LATERAL RAISES
A
T
E
R
A
L

R
A
I
S
E
S

Are you doing accessory work? Dips, volume db bench, tricep work?

i added that in my ppl expt for db benchpress im going to try to break a new pr next weak

People don't know how to properly train traps though.
They also have no idea how the upper back is involved in presses.

Do sheiko or some other powerlifting program (not the whole thing just use the bench aspect for your workout). I can personally tell you that PPL (and accessories) doesn't really help a stalled bench.

How's your shoulder mobility?

How do I fire up my upper back on OHP?

Good shit. I've been progressing on strength even doing PPL which is nice. A job with a bit of labour involved helps too.

How often should I do this excerxise?

I can OHP 95lbs but can only bench like 115. Wtf is that about.

I do it same day I do bench, works some of the same muscles: tris, shoulders, etc

dont ohp 100% chance you WILL eventually snap your shit up.

Incline press and lat raises.

using your arms too much on both or all front delts on bench.

Shoulder blades should start in neutral or slightly retracted position (depending on grip width), they should be in neutral elevation.
When you press, they should upwardly rotate and go up in one smooth motion.
The whole trapezius, rhomboids and serratus anterior coordinate this.
Here's a good exercise to activate the serratus anterior:
youtube.com/watch?v=EugElNVC2BU

Some demonstrations, notice the shoulders going up slightly and the armpit-chest area opening up:
instagram.com/p/BHcXaxtjLTT/ (the reps where he fully locks out show it well)
youtu.be/OepRR_02q3g?t=1m38s

How do you use your arms too much?

By not keeping your wrists over your elbows.

Also keep a big breath in your chest, keep a big chest, and don't exhale while moving the weight (in any way).

Don't tuck your elbows more than 45 degrees, but also don't flare them more than 80 degrees.

Good stuff user. Thanks. I'll keep this in mind.

do it super slow, in the mirror for proper form with a bare bar. you should feel the right spot to pull up/pull in with your traps/upper back. its just about the top of your shoulders lift and as your body and head comes forward. you should feel your upper back and shoulder girdle working together for the second half of the lift. then throw some light weight on here and repeat until you can pinpoint your back activation

>its just about the top of your shoulders lift and as your body and head comes forward. you should feel your upper back and shoulder girdle working together for the second half of the lift.
Nope, the motion should be smooth throughout the entire lift, see

>OHP is shit

Get the fuck off my board

Deload 10%, then start over, doing 5x5. Once you can cleanly press that much, move up.

A lack of improvement is almost always a problem with diet (insufficient carbs) or recovery (insufficient sleep). Help your body out

were saying the same thing, im talkng about pinpointing the sensation and where you can add some extra thrust

I just see the "focus on shrugging at the top" shit posted often, which causes people to fuck up their press.
A bit like "adding some extra thrust", which can also cause people to do the movement not as smoothly.

Is there any way to help with the back pain? I do my best to tighten my core and not arch my back but I still always end up hurting my lower back.

Post ur shouldrs

you have post alterior tilt

fix it, stretch quads

ok thanks i'll do that

P U S H

R

E

S

S

also you cannot do too much upper back work- good choices here are face pulls, rows, snatch grip rack pulls, etc.