Long winded, but just wanted to see if you guys have any experience with this type of shit

Long winded, but just wanted to see if you guys have any experience with this type of shit.
>Have roommates
>They are complete anti-Veeky Forums.jpeg
>I've been eating completely clean as fuck for a long while now.
>Recently transition to hardcore ketogenic diet.
>Have not had a single fucking carb for a fucking month.
>Every other day, full body workout. Isolated exercises for each muscle group.
>Dead lifts on Saturday.
>Never skip a day.
>Never cheat on diet.
>Never lift with less than full fucking effort.

>You guys get the gist.
>You guys know better than anyone what it takes to really make fucking gains.
>Much dedication.
>Much will power.
>Much suffering.

>My personal gainz starting to really show.
>Roommates always mirin
>Inspires them to start gettin Veeky Forums
>Good for them! They should get healthier!

>They go to the gym once or twice.
>Now they are experts in everything relating to: anatomy, physiology, muscle growth, diet, nutrition
>yougettheidea.jpg
>The effort they put in is a joke.
>Without any research whatsoever, spout out random nonsensical dogma about any and all of those previous subjects.
>I invite them to go to gym with me (I really do have their best interest at heart, and want them to get Veeky Forums).
>They agree
>They walk in
>They do 10 lunges, 4 or 5 reps of bicep curl.
>Then aimlessly float around for the next 10 minutes.
>They leave.
>thefuck.jpg
>This is what they equate with lifting
>They'll go home, eat a whole pizza, and drink 10 beers. Drink 2 scoops of Serious Mass.
>This whole process, about once a week.

>Now 24/7 all I ever hear them talk about is their 'insane workouts', 'massive gains', 'going so hard', 'gunna be shredded', 'gunna be huge'
>MFW they have no idea about fucking anything

>Picrelated.jpg

Anyone else have to deal with this type of shit? It is really starting to annoy the fuck out of me.

>does keto
>complains about others knowing nothing about fitness

top kek, here's your (You), you put a lot of effort into it

Yeah, yeah, keto hate, i get it
I don't quite understand what u said in that last bit though

Lurk more faggot

Why so down on keto?

Not even lowfat fags are this salty, he's probably a vegan.

Lurk two years before posting

I am actually just genuinely curious, no salt
would just like to know why
and quite the opposite of vegan lel.
I fuck up some eggs, tuna, chicken, steaks

Same here bro, theyre manlets right? And skinnyfats?

>MFW they have no idea about fucking anything

and neither would I had I not discovered this board.
if I think about the knowledge I have of lifting, the vast majority of it is from lurking here. I'd probably be that guy curling a barbell 40 times to failure in the squat rack and wondering why I'm not making any gains

Who cares. Let them have their fun.

Just let them fail, OP. That will be very humbling. They'll quit and forget about it till next January.

thats the thing, it is perfectly reasonable for not knowing anything when starting something new! nothing wrong with that at all! but overnight, they became the new prophets to the mecca of physical perfection

>curling a barbell 40 times
4x10 barbell curls

What's the problem?

He probably skipped rows, OHP, squats, and deads in favor of curls in the squat rack.

You are like a religious person who is trying to get everyone to do what you do so that they can also get into heaven. Very passive aggressive and invasive

>at a small get together with friends and a few randoms
>one of the randoms is an asian skelly, 6'1 and I'm guessing 140lb
>overhear him talking about fitness with other people
>hear him say "I never do less than 12 reps on a set. I want that lean look like that guy (gestures to me). If you do less than 10 yo get that bulky powerlifter look
>just smile like I didn't hear him and continue on with what I was doing
>have only been working in the 4-6 rep range on compounds and 6-8 range on isolations for more than a year now.

I am not meaning it to sound like that at all. I just meant it in the same way, that like, if a person picks up a Fender guitar for the first time. all the sudden , they are an expert in music, instruments, guitars, music theory, etc, and subsequently talked about all that with expert authority.
that would be annoying, no?

my older sister is EXACTLY like this, only she doesn't even fucking work out anymore
she made a comment the other day about how it would benefit me to lift a fucking bag of flour over my head because i also need to work my stabiliser muscles or some retarded bs she read on some tryhard's blog, as if i don't mostly do compound exercises already
yeah, bitch, flourbag lifts until failure. sure.

Hehe
classic ye' olde' flour bag lifts

I'm going to give you god-tier advice here. You like lifting yeah? You know yoir ahit yeah?
Well stop fucking talking about and just do your shit. Eat clean and go workout. If people ask you questions tell them to look it up etc. Change subjects and never ever participate in a conversation about lifting and dieting with anyone who isn't pretty big or an athlete.
Why? Because people WILL challenge you. They already feel challenged, inferior and self consciois when looking at you. They can not possibly hope to win the subconsciois challenge and fight in their mind with their physical appearance. So they talk about it, tell shit that they think is wrong and question everything you say. Not because they dont believe you. It's just because they are intimidated by you on a subconscious level and that they subconsciously need to prove their worth.
So just stop fucking talking about it.
People will like you alot more and wont think of you as a dumb meathead.

Damn. Respect user
Such wisdom gains

What you're annoyed with is a process called confabulation. Your friends have unformed or loosely formed beliefs about fitness, and so to test those beliefs they talk about them. When they open their mouths, they don't even know what they will say until they finish saying it.

That is part of learning. Gently correct them. If they get something sort of right, agree with them and add onto it with any insight you have. Or just let them fuck around and give up; I'm not your mom.

let me guess Opie, uou haven't blown a load in a girl in like eight months at least, amirite?

I just tell them I drink a Kale smoothie once a day and give em the ol "zoomba and wii fitness" line when they ask about my routine.

Made me chuckle

sick blog post fag.

Unless someone is your sibling, spouse, or parent, you had better fucking forget about trying to get them to change.

Just get fit on your own and don't worry about the rest.

thanks mate

top kek
I love those ignorant morons who think lifting heavier means more volume

All of this.

That said, I totally sympathise, OP. This might be a natural part of learning, but man can it be irritating to listen to.

WTF you're autistic mate.

ftnjhtj

>Implying you need austism-tier dedication to make gains

Maybe if your genetics are fucked beyond repair I guess. I know a lot of natties with decent physiques who eat fast food, drink a lot, and basically do shitty bro splits 4 times a week. I work a little bit harder than them bc never played sports in high school but please don't act like it's difficult to be fit and make good natty gains at least for your first 4-5 years. Hardest thing I ever had to do was cut down to 8% bf and even that was just a bit of willpower. You sound like a faggot.

Get a sense of humour OP, just encourage that guy in his retard journey. When you can find stupid sgit like this comical, you become a much happier person

For sure. I have no problem with whatever people want to do, and how they want to live. I honestly could not care less.

It is their instant change into a PhD in all things fitness, seemingly overnight, and then the constant espousing of whatever-the-fuck, in a non stop circle jerk of nonsense.

You can't just avoid carbs

Exactly what I was thinking. "The zeal of the convert." No one is as sanctimonious as a noob because the noob sees himself so easily in others and he hates who he was such a short time ago.

I dont understand how you are getting the idea that I am trying tell them, or even want them to do anything, or change in anyway at all.

My frustration only lies in their instant arrogance, in that, by literally going to the gym once or twice ever, they are now experts in everything fitness, nutrition, physiology, etc. And then nonstop spewing said newfound expert opinions and information.

The analogous situation, would be like, if someone, for the first time, drinks some craft beer. All of the sudden, they are experts in brewing processes, hops, distilleries, beer manufacturers, the history of alchohol, etc. and then always talk complete nonsense about all of that

That would get very annoying, very quickly, no?

Thats what im getting at, whether its fitness, or beers, or cars, or economics, or whatever the fuck.

these, unless these guys are actually real friends of yours it's honestly none of your business what their doing with themselves, don't take it upon yourself to correct them or deflate them, just let them do their own dumb shit and the results should be obvious a few months down the road

And I have been.
For the most part, I just keep my mouth shut.

But........there is only so much I can take

Not once in OP's blogpost did he tell his friends what to do. How is he being invasive?

Noophag

Man I fucking wish I knew someone who lifted (or anyone at all but that doesn't matter).
Part of tuition automatically comes from the college rec center and it's super fucking nice but I haven't been there in the years I've been here, despite no cost.

But I can't bring myself to go alone, nor do I know anything about lifting. Even if I did I still wouldn't be going alone

Hey mate

I also go to my college's weight room

Just pop in some headphones and head over man, I believe in you!

And I PROMISE you, every single other person there is only concerned with himself. Everyone is in their own world. You could go in, and just start doing random dance moves, roll around on the ground, and make snow angels. I doubt anyone would even give you a second glance.

That said, if you are really starting from absolute scratch, and cant quite glean the basics from guides, or tutorials or anything like that, perhaps just try jumping in with both feet.

Head over, and pretty much just try to mimic (to the best of your abilities), what other people are doing with some piece of equipment, or apparatus, or machine, but with a very small amount of weight. That way, even if you are lifting barely any weight at all, you will AT LEAST learn some fundamental movements. i.e., how something bends in a certain way, how some angle is, how something feels, what is this movement doing, etc.

You might as well go for it! There is literally nothing to lose by just saying 'fuck it' and trying it out!

I can only assume 60% of these anons can't really read
it is annoying as hell I feel your pain

>have friend
>she's lifted for longer than me, two years I think
>refers to herself as an athlete
>talks about how she has such marathon fuck sessions because she's in such incredible shape
>deadlifts bodyweight for 1 rep
>bench 1/2 bodyweight for 2 reps
>squat 2/3 bodyweight for 2 reps

didn't start out holocaust mode
goes twice a week for two years
talks about gym life and about how normies are so weak
mfw

This absolutely.

I fucking hate talking about fitness with normies. Every time people start talking about working out and try to include me in the conversation I just deflect and change the subject. In the past I've joined those conversations and tried to help people when they ask me for advice, even going so far as to help people with diet/workout planning and going to the gym with them and shit.

Every single one has been a huge disappointment and waste of time. It disgusts me how lazy and delusional people are.

So now I just tell people to look online or eat blueberries and do yoga.

>girl I know through my circle of friends starts to work out with me
>form is completely shit since the previous guy she worked out with was basically fucking stupid
>start teaching her some cues and how to breathe/brace
>expect this to go to shit like every workout partner I've ever had
>she shows up for every workout
>diligently follows my advice
>actually fucking understands and follows through
>as an added bonus she already has an ass that would put most fitness sluts on Instagram to shame
>after just a couple of sessions the worst is already fixed
>after about a month she can do her grindy 5RM deadlift for 9 with some reps in the tank
>grindy 5RM bench for 11 freaking reps, still with one or two in the tank
>give her a good job spanking

Don't worry guys, someday you'll find that special someone to make your training protege.

>keto
Stopped reading there

Because it's fucking stupid to use in the context of fitness. Kero is good for you if you either:
a) are a kid with epilepsy
b) have cancer
That's it. There's no reason not to eat carbs and, in general, no reason to eliminate any macronutrient from your diet

THIS!
Why would otherwise our government tell us to eat mostly carbs you fucking subhuman retards?!?!

Kind of similar: Just a few weeks ago I started a new job. Pretty much your normie 8:30-5 desk job in a very small office - on average there are about 5 people in the office a day, including me, and I'm the youngest by probably 20 years. Before this I worked in a gym.

I know my shit and it shows by the way I look and how I eat all day. The damn CEO of the company called me "the company meathead" ffs. Everybody else in my office is either fat or just generally unfit (except one guy who is in decent shape but is super into being vegetarian.)

I constantly hear them talking about whatever ridiculous diet they are on, what "challenge" they're doing for the month, or just general nonsense about nutrition that they probably saw in a video on facebook.

I get occasional questions about what I'm eating, how I prepare it, and how they like to eat healthy too (yeah okay...) It was also shocking to some of them how much I eat, and how I told them that I'm kind of having a hard time putting on weight now but I really want to add 10lbs in the next two months. That got a good reaction.

Anyway, like said, I never talk to them about actual training or any kind of exercise. I don't give nutrition advice. I stay out of every conversation that involves it. They are all nice people but it's just not worth any of our time to have that conversation because it's not going to change anything. This turned into a pretty big blog post so thanks for reading and have a good day.

>5RM
>she can do 9
Then it's not 5RM faggot

You might actually be retarded.

>buy homegym equipment
>try to convince overweight brother to start using it
>offer to show him routine, point out form, etc
>monday/leg day he does a couple of squats with the bar, curls it a couple more times and does a round of barbell hip thrusts
>sure, whatever, anything is better than nothing
>wednesday is my off day
>makes a joke that im lazy for not working 7 days a week instead of 4
>makes a two scoop shake
>goes to garage
>comes back after maybe 15 minutes, chugs the shake and asks whats for dinner and then talks about how he cant just not have dinner because the lifting requires so much energy

never ever reveal your power level.

>5 repetition maximum
>can do 9
that means that weight wasn't 5RM
fuck off faggot

Mine is even worse OP.

>Be skinnyfat living with GF, shit job, etc
>Decide I want to turn my life around
>Start to lift regularly, teach myself to cook and start eating clean
>Actually making progress
>Get a new job making more money
>Start to be more organized and trying to be cleaner in all aspects of life
>Pick up some new hobbies like reading, cycling, and spend more time taking care of the things that I have (washing my car, cleaning house, doing dishes, random good shit)
>MEANWHILE
>Gf is constantly leaving her clothes, wet towels and other shit all over the house
>Puts dishes in the sink and waits 2+ days to clean them once all of the dishes are dirty
>Goes pee and doesn't flush
>All she does outside of work is watch shitty drama shows on netflix
>Decide I want to break up with her, despite an awesome sex life I can't deal with her shit
>I have already stopped hanging out with my toxic friends that aren't helping me become a better person
>SHE'S PREGNANT
>Have to deal with her shit forever now
>Pregnancy was the worst, all of her bad habits became magnified
>4 month old now and even though I love my daughter I am fucking miserable and feel held back

>MEANWHILE
>Gf is constantly leaving her clothes, wet towels and other shit all over the house
>Puts dishes in the sink and waits 2+ days to clean them once all of the dishes are dirty
>Goes pee and doesn't flush
>All she does outside of work is watch shitty drama shows on netflix
sound like my brother, just swap netflix for cancerous youtubers and it's him

>>You guys get the gist.
>>You guys know better than anyone what it takes to really make fucking gains.
>>Much dedication.
>>Much will power.
>>Much suffering.
Lol whatchu talking bout m7

No need to put yourself through so much shit. Seriously. Keto barely makes a difference and is horrible for your health. I lift 5 days a week doing heavy compounds and eat somewhat clean

Nothing crazy, high protein, carbs, veggies, etc. - it still tastes good and I enjoy my food. I just don't eat shit like pizza, ice cream, pastries, cookies, etc. Even cheeseburgers and fries are game like once a week.

I make great gains, I look good, and I enjoy myself.

If you don't enjoy yourself you're doing it wrong.

this

i might laugh internally at pajeets at their endless sets of curls or at guys with 225 quarter squats, but at the end of the day i don't give a shit. they can do what they want and it doesn't affect me. i jut get on with my shit. its hard to care about what others are doing halfway into 5x5 squats.

At least try user.

At least you haven't gotten your brother pregnant

kek, you have a point there

keto/paleo = is trash

t. vegan

>dont help anyone becuz we are masterace and will novr be defeat

fuck its funny because this whole board is full of dyels like me and you all try to act like you're not

>complains about nonsensical dogma and bronutrition
>falls for the keto meme

Ebin

top kek so tru

he's talking about her previous 5RM jesus christ user

Good post. I love the word "glean"

>doing keto
You got meme'd hard son

/this

People will start an argument as soon as you start talking and often won't listen to you anyway.

Ding.

it me billy bob raisman

Just leave that bimbo in the trash and be a good dad.

>Sticking your cock in a retarded roasty
>Not using condoms and force-feeding her day after pills
you IDIOTIC faggot.

this

i don't give you guys much credit

but thanks