Every single one of the most muscular and aesthetic guys at my gym do a typical 5 day a week 1 x frequency per muscle...

Every single one of the most muscular and aesthetic guys at my gym do a typical 5 day a week 1 x frequency per muscle group body-part bro split.

None of them do a full body
None of them do a upper/lower
None of them do a PPL

But of course Veeky Forums will probably just say

>b-but their on steroids, thats the only reason it works for them hur hur hur!!! hur hur hru!!!

Except most of them aren't on steroids.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nNxJiBMWjM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They've been lifting for years you fucking dyel stop making excuses for being lazy.

Anybody can make it on a brosplit given enough time.

Veeky Forums is basicly fill'd with insecure lanklets.
Just take this place as a joke it is

The main reason why bro-splits are hated here is because 99% of posters on Veeky Forums are

>brosplits
>aesthetics

Sure SS is a meme but so are niggersplits

PPL>everything else

Enjoy admiring yourself in the mirror, you narcissistic pretty boy.
Meanwhile I'll single handed and without breaking a sweat steal your dresser while you're not home

Well said.

I don't think you know what ppl is, most normies do it and don't even know it, but I agree about the ss and full body.

Have fun with that. Aesthetics-boy will be stealing your bitch with his mere presence.

For beginners, the fastest way to put on muscle is fullbody/ss type stuff

For advanced lifters, full body doesn't give them the volume they need. So they dedicate a whole day to working just one body part.

Theres nothing wrong with moving from full body to splits later on. You don't have to do one program your whole life

Yeah right.
Like you can even get a girl without a nice dresser these days

Pmuch.

I would also add the people who preach SS the hardest are new to lifting.

They fall almost exclusively into the 2 camps of 1. fat 2. skinnyfat.

They go to the gym, they feel insecure, there's a lot of ripped guys, fit girls, etc.

Naturally, ego archs up in order to protect itself so it invents a narrative that says "they're not real lifters like me". So, a new definition of being 'fit' is created and it's called leg strength.

> "Heh, you bench 3 1/2 plates haha .. how much do you LEG PRESS tho??".

> "Look at these roid monkeys, nice muscles but what can you do with them? Meanwhile here I am squatting 2 1/2 plates after a month of training .. these guys have barely increased their lifts at all haha. I should enter into some powerlifting competitions".

This is a phase I've seen at least 3 generations of lifters go through at my gym.

>SS
>Leg press

> Reading comprehension.

Is writing correctly a meme too?

Guilty of this myself. You described it perfectly. I personally got over it when I realized adding more weight to a slow moving bar wasn't actually fulfilling, nor was it actually helping me in my day to day life. Switched to oly lifting + gymnastics/tumbling.

The realest redpill is that it doesn't matter if you do brosplits or full body or whatever the shit you do, if you have the genetics to grow you will grow like weed

if not you will always look like a skinny fat, probably will look like dyel after two weeks of no lifting

A guy who has good genetics will grow with any shit you give to him, be it PPL or strength training

I actually just do 3x3 weighted pull ups and some tbar rows for volume and my back grew like fucking weed, and I know this guy who does more weight (like 30kg weighted pull ups for 3x7), and he looks like a fucking skinny fat with tits and all, and has a laughable back

However, all is not lost, if you don't have the genetics to be swole, just cut all the fucking fat and join a boxing gym, you probably have good endurance genetics and can be a good fighter, looking pretty ripped

... Huh?

>2017
>Not stealing bedside tables

Not gonna make it

Couldn't there be more factors to that than just genetics though? What about nutrition?

Believe me, most lifters aren't retarded enough to have a bad diet for more than a year

If they actually put time in the gym, you can bet your ass that they try to eat the best they can

>did strength traing for benchpress
> hypertrophy traing for back
>back blew up
> chest is still small

fuck your ss you dumb ass powerlifters

well, powerlifters also have routines with 3x12 or 4x8

the advantage of SS is that it takes like 30 minutes to finish a full workout. Doing a bro split requires more days out of the week and longer sessions.

For me, SS is best since I dont have much time between school and work. I would call it the working mans routine

unlike you special little boys İ do noth strength training and volume training

why cant you balance you idiots

>tfw i cant tell whether this is a falseflag thread full of trolls trying to convince me to abandon PPL and lose my gains

You don't have 1 hour 4-5 days a week to do a workout. Yeah .. right.

Literally all I do for my chest is bench and closegrip and my chest is huge. That's mostly just genetic though, my dad has a big chest too.

Uhhh okay retards, listen up, here is the RIGHT way to train: hit one to three big strength lifts pretty heavy, then do another few exercises that are more bodybuilding style i.e. higher reps and focused on using the right muscles.

You can do this whole-body, U/L, four day split, whatever. Progressing your strength is important, and the bodybuilding can help with that. Do either one or the other and you'll hit a wall.

I think the most important part is your consistency. I go to the gym for about 4 years. Started with a bro split and did noobgains quite well. Then I switched more and more to PPL. Also improving nutrition.
But I know 2 friends, they started to train 2 years after me. They were like "full Veeky Forums cringes" and followed all the SS stuff and bodyweight/care stuff, laughing at me because i'm the aesthetic chad lol.
but on the one hand, they did full SS at it's finest. but their body wasn't use to this and so they always had kinda snaps and were whining about that. and to the other hand they did this maybe just for one year and a half. they also made gains but nothing incredible... obvious because they did not train for years.

to sum this up. just stay deddicated and consistent. do your thing, but do it with passion. just do it. it takes time, but the progress will be worth it.

yo nobody cares my man

I started with a BB split, switched to push/pull/legs, now back at a BB split and through my lifting years I've got aesthetic and a bit stronger. You strength training angry NEETs only got much stronger and still look bad.

Not everyone wants to deadlift 5x their bodyweight, some people just want to look good, so I had to cap this.

Fair point.

>the most muscular and aesthetic guys at my gym

S T E R O I D S
T
E
R
O
I
D
S

>Except most of them aren't on steroids

B L A S T & C R U I S E
L
A
S
T
&
C
R
U
I
S
E

>tard did strength for chest
>one thing thats like never used functionally in everyday life
>just so he can be like, "whats your max bro, mines bigger"
>blames others for being a retard

>Except most of them aren't on steroids.

err...

This.
And also this: youtube.com/watch?v=nNxJiBMWjM8

Btw, brosplits can actually be good programs, if you make it hard enough. Let's say the brosplit is something like this:
> Monday: Back
> Tuesday: Chest
> Wednesday: Quads/Hamstrings
> Thursday: Shoulders/Calves
> Friday: Biceps/Triceps

On Mondays, if you're going full throttle, besides Back, you sure will be hitting to Biceps, Deltoids (posterior), Traps, and very probably Hamstrings, Glutes and Erector Spinae.

On Tuesday, besides Chest, you'll also hit Triceps, Deltoids (anterior/lateral), Traps.

On Wednesday, if you're doing Squats and Deadlifts for Quads/Hamstrings, you get very intensive core work as well, besides Traps (again).

On Thursday, there will probably have good amount of work on Triceps, Pecs, and core, if you're choosing compounds over isolations.

On Friday you'll be doing essentially accessory work for Biceps/Triceps and inevitably Shoulders; which are actually necessary for small muscles.

The total of this it:
> Back: 1 heavy day + 1 medium day (Wednesday)
> Chest: 1 heavy day + 1 light day (Thursday)
> Quads: 1 heavy day (Wednesday)
> Hamstrings/Glutes: 1 heavy day + 1 medium day (Monday)
> Shoulders: 1 heavy day + 3 light days (Mon/Tues/Friday)
> Triceps: 1 heavy day + 2 light days (Tuesday/Thursday)
> Biceps: 1 heavy day + 1 light day (Monday)

Sure you *could* do more leg work, but 1x a week for Quads + 2x week for Hamstrings are enough for aesthetic legs. Plus, calves. Your Shoulders and Traps are the most frequently trained muscles, as both require most volume/frequency for hypertrophy IMO. Your Chest won't lack either, depending on the selection for Shoulders day and Triceps day. If you're doing mainly compounds and db/cable isolations, not machines, the program evens out quite well.

In the end, it all comes down to 1) how hard you work; 2) your genetics. And how hard you work its what really matters.

t. fat manlet

What if I'm a cyclist who tries to get out onto the roads or trails 3-4 times a week? I do a bro split consisting of only upper body mon/wed/fri. I take care of legs and cardio on biking days. If in out doing some trail or downhill riding it feels like a full body workout. How many of you do bro splits because you do other sports in life?

I do full upperbody on Mondays and Fridays and the other three days i do boxing which is a lot of cardio

I take the weekend because it's the time i focus on studying the most in my house

Lame. I can do SS and spend the rest of my time playing Overwatch or LoL.

>Pic related is what you guys probably look like.

Is there any downside to doing SS 3 times a week and then doing another two days of pure accessories? Does this make any rational sense?

kek so true, that guy i always see at the gym that deadlifts over 4pl8 and is always doing compound movements looks like a generic nerd and honestly looks dyel. then there is this guy who ive only ever seen do arms and shoulders and sometimes chest and he looks jacked as fuck

Jokes on you, I have no aesthetics therfore I have no girl. Who has the last laugh now

Chad

When you're only goal is to be able to overhead press wetbacks over the glorious Trump Wall™, strength training is you need.

Your aesthetics aren't going to mean shit in the inevitable race war.

You better do a lot of crunches for when you get stabed with a knife.

Lemme go ahead and spread some knowledge and stop this bullshit.
The reason why routines like SS are suggested for beginners is because beginners recover in approximately 48 hours, give or take depending on sleep and diet. This means the most you can get out of your week is doing full body 3x a week, because brosplits do not have the necessary volume early on to stimulate enough muscle growth. On a brosplit you'd work your entire body once a week, SS allows you to work your entire body 3 times a week. Brosplits still aren't efficient as an intermediate lifter because intermediates are still able to recover fast enough and are really only for advanced lifters who lift heavy enough to fatigue a muscle completely for an entire week with one day of lifting, but to get there you need the strength base and work capacity that SS/SL/GSLP and whatever intermediate routine you choose give you. Stop tricking new lifters you fucking faggot

im 4 months in and im focusing on strength, next year im going to focus on a bodybuilding type program to build off the strength base i have been building, this is probably the best approach

i do sl5x5 with high rep accessories to cover all the other muscles like calves, arms and shoulders

If 90% of gym goers do a brosplit then of course most good looking guys would probably also do a brosplit, just because something work doesn't mean that it is the most effective. The good looking guys you see doesn't look good because of their smart training they look good because of effort, consistency and GENETICS

Cont:
People that progress well on brosplits doesn't see any need to change, why change something that is working? Meanwhile some people with bad genetics my go on the internet and look for more information on lifting

thanks, refreshing read

Bro splits are shit for both aesthetics and strength unless on gear. Quit fucking fooling yourself and acting elitists about bro splits. You are no better then you friend.

Scientific research has shown each muscle group needs at least 2x a week for best overall growth. Not to mention you can mix both strength and aesthetics training in one routine which gives the best results anyway.

The legit strongest and probably most aesthetic Guy in my gym does full compounds and is on some form of upper/lower split where are muscles are hit twice a week

Brosplits only hit each muscle once a week
Dis you take that in consideration?

>Fit
>Filled with lanklets
Given that global male height average is manlet tier I highly doubt it

>Implying aesthetics isn't just roids and good genetics.

What if I just want to be big and strong?

Literally everything you said is broscience bullshit, please fuck off.

You can do absolutely zero fucking strength training and look ripped from a hypertrophy program. Thats the only thing that fucking matters. And no, starting with a strength program WONT make it easier to get aesthetic.

As someone who is ON steroids and is buddy buddy with a lot of people who do steroids at my gym.

Most natties have NO IDEA who is on steroids and why.

If they are some of the most "muscular and aesthetic guys" at your gym, they are probably on steroids. Usually that doesn't just happen with years of training, usually their goal is to be the biggest and they do a bodybuilding routine and diet and start taking a low dose cycle.

Steriods are a lot easier to get and more common than people know. If you are natty, sorry to say but your more then likely going to want to do full body because you can't exercise a single muscle group like biceps or triceps for an hour and get any benefit from it.

You'll just break down the muscle to much and not be able to rebuild.

Any program can work given time assuming you
1. Increase the volume periodically
2. Keep at it for years

The only question is efficiency, and while it doesnt really matter in the long run since most people dont want to look like some freak bodybuilder and just want to be 'toned' it makes sense for people to do something like PPL or U/L just because its more efficient.

>You'll just break down the muscle to much and not be able to rebuild.
Sometimes I come to Veeky Forums and read something so fucking stupid I want to off this entire board

>What is overtraining?!!?!

>training a muscle for 1 hour is overtraining
pls don't post again m9

-was about to start pic related on Monday
-saw this thread and now am having second thoughts

cunt

let's take a minute and marvel at how fucking stupid you are.

what do you gain by getting on the Internet and fucking talking out of your ass you fucking ignorant cunt.

when doing SS you get to a point if failure where the rest period goes up to 3 minutes in between sets. What's 3 times 5, cunt? And then multiple that by another 3, you fuck, and you have 45 minutes of just rest time.

If you knew anything about what you were talking you'd know people fall off SS cause it is so time demanding you fucking moronic cunt

A thing 99% of people will never even get close to achieving

That is so fucking retarded on so many levels.

Why are strengthfags so retarded in comparison to aesthetics queers.

>Natty thinks he can train one muscle group intensely for several hours

Lol good luck being small

Is Canditos linear program (hypertrophy variation) good for aesthetics as a beginner?

r/thathappened

The way my bro split is setup I hit everything 2x a week

Legs
Chest + shoulder exercise/tricep
Back + bicep exercises
Legs
Shoulders - incline bench included
Arms - weighted dips/pullups

I can't stand this fucking website

>the routine I do is the BEST and all other routines are SHIT!
>YOU'RE WRONG, the routine I do is the BEST and all other routines are SHIT!
>I bet you look like shit you DYEL cuck!
>I don't look like shit, you look like shit you DYEL cuck!

>Every single one of the most muscular and aesthetic guys at my gym do a typical 5 day a week 1 x frequency per muscle group body-part bro split.

I don't see the issue.

Initial lifting routines should be whole body workouts (like a 5x5 program), in order to develop muscle mass evenly.

Once you have a good base (~1 year consistent lifting/good diet), you can look at splits. Strength gains will be slower, but you can easily maintain/improve your aesthetic looks with a split like Push Pull Legs.

If you want to keep getting stronger faster, you keep with the lower-volume, higher weight rep schemes.

It just depends on your goals. If you're an avg Veeky Forumsizen, a split routine is fine after they've got a solid year of lifting in for achieving "aesthetics".

Keep doing PPL. I made a lot of good gains on a 3 on-1 off PPL routine.

It really is difficult to get advice here when for every routine someone posts another person just "lmao that's retarded, stay small manlet"

Fuck off to reddit then. We can't stand your faggot ass either

>It really is difficult to get advice here when for every routine someone posts another person just "lmao that's retarded, stay small manlet"

There's a reason why everyone harps on the sticky.

It has actual good information. There's really not much information needed to get in shape, and it's quite basic. What's difficult is sticking with it for n weeks, and keeping the routine/diet in check.

Don't over complicate shit, lift heavy weights, eat at the level you want (+-500 calories for bulk/cut), drink water, get good sleep, repeat.

No u

It's fine. And honestly the strength/control one would be just as good for hypertrophy and better for getting good at the movements.

ppl is basically a good brosplit
to some shoulder/biceps work on L days too, tho

>full body doesn't give them the volume they need. So they dedicate a whole day to working just one body part.
Brosplits LITERALLY have less volume than any intermediate or advanced powerlifting program. But then again, most of these contain plenty of bodybuilding work, most american programs being an exception to that for whatever reason.

Thanks m8

Please stop trying to trick new lifters. It's literally biology, you stress muscles and they grow and adapt when you rest. Here's a good question what's going to get you ripped faster lifting huge weights for 8-12 reps or lifting bitch weights for 8-12? Function dictates form, everyone learns that in high school biology.

Because nutrition is like 80% lifting is really really not that important

Veeky Forums is actually full of manlets roleplaying as lanklets

I feel this. After two years of having done SS/SL I'm mixing it up and it's been one of the best choices I've made. Turns out if you're not gonna compete it doesn't fucking matter how much you can squat. I'm glad I started where I did with SS/SL but the elitism is really pointless.

god damn, I just want to be fucking strong AND look alright

>8-12

That's not what people mean when they say strength training. 12 reps is considered hypertrophy training. You're basically pretending that people who train for hypertrophy fail to up the weight when it gets easy.

>After two years of having done SS/SL

lmao

How the fuck do you do those routines for two years son