strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
youtube.com/watch?v=0P_ktpTmaJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I
youtube.com/watch?v=k4WoLZbonns
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
bodybuilding.com/fun/how-to-overhead-press-a-beginners-guide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I do cycle of three weeks then upping the weight on each one.3x8 first, 3x5 second and a 3x3 last.

Ofc different weeks different % of 1rm

3-5 reps with barbell on heavy days and alternate with 8-12 rep db presses

You didn't specify your goal but generally anything between 3-8 seems ok

Depends on your goal.

300 yards down range target practice. 'Private! See those 3 niggers down range trying to invade Europa - execute them!!'

10 for hypertrophy
3 for strength

>>/pol/

3 reps? Really?

Such bullshit. Rep range bullshit is retarded. Anything that tears your muscles will make them grow. Your muscles don't think "wow, we only did three reps but we were torn the same amount as when he does ten. Better not grow as much."

not that user but; heavy triples twice a week has made my press shoot up from 1 pl8 to 1.75 pl8 in only 5 months

This

Not that I necessarily disagree with your argument but

> Your muscles don't think "wow, we only did three reps but we were torn the same amount as when he does ten. Better not grow as much."

must be the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard.

It's not like the ocean thinks "oh, the moon is on this side of the planet tonight, better bunch up all on that side!", now is it? that would be utterly impossible. Things being affected by other things? kek, not in this universe, that's for sure.

2 days heavy in the 1-3 department, 1 day light like sets of 10

bench is gay press is lord

Also not user, but I do heavy sets of 3's, and once a month try a new 1rm, if I fail I'll turn it into a push press set. Ohp I feel is more of a strength exercise, but I've never been one to be so black and white with the strength/hypertrophy shit. I just do machines and whatnot as accessory lifts and my shoulders are my pride and joy.

I don't agree with it, but see image related.

Source:
strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

At last, one of my own

This my shoulder gains never kicked in till I did this.

Like any other exercise. 3-5 for strength. 8-12 for hypertrophy. I do 2 days of strength and 1 day of hypertrophy.

Your muscles don't really get torn with 5 heavy reps retard. You can't lift anymore because they're fatigued. You haven't torn them yet.

that second point is retarded

>improving your balance will make you weaker
thats why I always squat with a bar covered in olive oil while wearing a raincoat, the extra inability to control the bar adds an extra plate to my lifts

guy who wrote that benches 4pl8 for reps, so maybe he has dumbells in mind heavier than 50 pounds.

P
PY
PYR
PYRA
PYRAM
PYRAMI
PYRAMID
PYRAMI
PYRAM
PYRA
PYR
PY
P

>rep scheme

the fuck are you on about, retard?

yeah and eric spoto benches 700 pounds lets all train like him and we'll bench 700 pounds too!

the fact that using dumbells is effective because they're harder to control than a barbell, not despite the fact like that picture states.

damn, you're dumb

Look at that manlet lol

don't you mean "your dumb" you baiting retard?
guess I accidentally stumbled into the normies first day lifting thread

Not at heavy weights you retard. How are you going to press 100lbs in each hand?

By being strong.

Via progressive overload.

Obviously shitty trolling aside, Im guessing you've never tried benching with heavy dumbells. Its pretty much impossible to get into position to dumbell press with weights you cant get for 3-5 reps at least. Im only bumping this thread so more people can laugh at you.

Replied to the wrong person?

see
DB presses are great at baby weights.

you should probably try lifting before you attempt to troll a board about it since some of actually know what we're talking about. Maybe your mom only gives you a $10 allowance for your gym membership so you're stuck lifting at planet fitness and haven't seen a dumbell in the triple digits?

thats why you work up in reps and then make a jump in weight...not rocket science

im shoulder pressing 90s been training less than a year..

Have you ever tried to use one of those triple digit dumb bells? It's not easy to get them in position. Just stop.

of course its not easy now. you can work up to it man

This is what I do. 3x5 heavy bb with 4x10 db along with some lateral raises.

youtube.com/watch?v=0P_ktpTmaJ4

This dude is huge and roided up. He's struggling with it. What the fuck you think you're going to "work your way up to it" benching 3 plate?

bro those are 200 pound dumbells, different story than 100lb dumbells. most gyms go up to 120 tops which is doable if youre really dedicated. plenty of dudes rep the 95s and 100s at my gym.

IDIOT

Ight bud. Go ahead and press 100lb dumb bells then. Knock yourself out.

So 5 reps build hypertrophy?

whatever you do, don't do the shitty af form in your pic.
>elbows in damnit

Yes. Shit, you can build size with singles if you're determined enough. Might not be efficient but it'll work.

Yes you moron.
Those bull shit light rep ranges only work for BBers cause theyre on huge amounts of gear.

So you agree with me then? Cool.

b8

this is a terrible image and completely wrong,

Please explain

cringe

Try actually lifting. A strength program (SS for example) will not give you aesthetics as fast as a bodybuilding program.

Haha i knew youd say that.
Being strong and having a low bf gives you aesthetics. End of story.
Youre a memeing moron.

>Being strong and having a low bf gives you aesthetics.
Alright Medhi.

Do squats if you want bigger arms, right?

I never said that.
Im saying no one looks like they have a big chest but cant even bench 2 pl. Also anyone who can bench 3 plate and has a low bf probably has a very good looking chest.

Try paying attention to what the studies actually say.

if you are elbows out on your ohp, you are a retard.

Try actually lifting.

Just because you can bench 2 pl8 doesn't mean you have a big chest moron. Do you know anything about neurological gains? Obviously not.

The studies do not say that SS gets you jacked like a bodybuilding program. They say that, if you match for volume, the outcomes are pretty similar across rep ranges. That 'match for volume' bit is pretty fucking important.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I
youtube.com/watch?v=k4WoLZbonns
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

bodybuilding.com/fun/how-to-overhead-press-a-beginners-guide.html

Don't do OHP, it's a meme exercise with little to no benefits. Also ruins your shoulders

>Just because you can bench 2 pl8 doesn't mean you have a big chest moron. Do you know anything about neurological gains? Obviously not.
That is literally not what i said at all. Re-read what i said you dumb mother fucker.

>tfw snappe my back on ohp and havent been able to do compounds since

Except 3x8 has proven to builder better hypertrophy than a common 5x5 strength program.

>Im saying no one looks like they have a big chest but cant even bench 2 pl.
Listen, a strength program that gets you to bench 2pl8 won't make your chest big. Strength != size. And doing a bunch of chest flies to get a big chest isn't a guarantee you'll be benching 2pl8 either, medhi.

Youve been memed. Show me a picture of someone with a big chest frm doing flies and cant bench 2 pl please. It doesnt exist.

>Show me a picture of someone with a big chest frm doing flies and cant bench 2 pl please. It doesnt exist.
No shit. Who the fuck would upload that video? I bet you think curlbros are strong as fuck too.

youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
Look at this guy. He benches 410 at 154 and his chest isn't huge.

His chest is big you idiot. For how small he is his chest is round and full. Btw you just proved how new you are. Thta video is old and is making the rounds again recently.

>Except 3x8 has proven to builder better hypertrophy than a common 5x5 strength program.
Cite sources faggot.

>His chest is big you idiot.
Alright troll. I've had enough of you.

Watch from 240-245. His chest is fucking big.
IM not trolling youre jsut to new and too stupid to undestand.

Holy shit that guy does not look as strong as he is.

>old
>2015

Thats 2 years old you moron. Welcome to 4 chan.

>50 seconds in on the first video
>keep your chest up and elbows forward

you are a special kind of retard mate...

I spent 2 weeks at 45kg mistakenly thinking that it was too hard and I couldn't progress

Yesterday I pushed 60kg for 5

OHP is a tricksy hobbit pretending it doesn't have your ring- go after it and up your weight before you need to

that doesn't mean elbows in lol

>forward=/=in

yeah, you're retarded... must support hillary

Fucking killing yourself x 1 if you're using a grip that wide for OHP desu baka senpai.

me too kinda, not fully yet. what do you do now. i think you can still do bench and pull ups which are technically compunds. you just can't do deads and squats which are shit for aesthetics anyway. fuck powerlifting and embrace the bodybuilding way

so much shit slinging in this thread

You wont get to 2pl bench on neurological gains alone retard

>wrong.

underrated

practically my whole shoulder routine for over 2 years now.

you're the only retard here

DB pressing in low rep ranges is retarded, because the entire struggle will be setting up and getting the things into position and balancing them throughout the movement instead of actually working the desired muscle group

brb grabbing massive DBs to do a 3rm with

brb wasting all that energy setting up and getting them into position when I could have just used a barbell, which is far superior for that purpose

>83 replies

Wew lads

I do 4x5 and then a fifth set to failure at the rep weight + 15 lbs, usually get in 2 or 3

I do very much ok with 5/3/1 and additional seated dumbbell presses for hypertrophy. Stable progress so far, 70kg x 3 projected in the next week.

>.8 body weight ohp
>To achieve this I do 4-7 for power and 8-15 for hypertrophe.

I do 12x3 dumbell press and 3x8 barbell press, I've seen some bretty gud gains. People will say to do high weight with low reps but that's a recipe for a torn rotator cuff.