Qtddtot

tried deadlifting 125kg (sumo) today and I only managed 1 grindy rep when last week I did 120kg for 5, what gives? weak quads?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4uijsl/a_detailed_look_at_why_stronglifts_starting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bad day, most likely.

i deloaded by 5kg and hit 5 reps just fine, im slow off the floor and fast after the knees, maybe if i use 10kg plates instead of 20's i will train the bottom half more due to it being lower to the ground (basically a deficit deadlift)

Slow off the floor and fast at lockout is how 99% of sumo pullers are. It's a leverage thing.

but at this point the lower part is a limiting factor and i'm not gonna progress unless i address my weak quads (squat is only 75x5)

It's always going to be a limiting factor (in the same way that almost nobody misses a bench anywhere but just off the chest) and it probably isn't your quads causing it (conventional pullers frequently do deficit work - sumo pullers do not, because for some reason the carryover just isn't there most of the time).

what assistance work should i do to help the lower portion? i'm always struggling to lock out my knees

Going to the gym while drunk, is it a good idea or not?

Great idea, shutting down your pain receptors helps you lift more.
Just don't drink so much you lose your balance.

What does Veeky Forums think of Ivysaurs 4-4-8 program for a beginner?

Here is his justification (inb4 oh my god it is reddit):
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4uijsl/a_detailed_look_at_why_stronglifts_starting/

You're essentially discovered the pros and cons of sumo. Breaking the floor for sumo is the hardest, you will always be slow/grindy there if it is close to your max.
I wouldn't worry about assistance work too much desu. Likely food, stress, sleep, bad day etc causing it if it's only one time you've had trouble.

If it continues either deload or if you can only do a single, do a few singles till you can get more reps, build to 5 then continue progressing as per program.

thanks for the advice, but what i find peculiar is that my 5rm is 120kg, i never realised that my working weight was so close to my max until yesterday (first time ever maxing out sumo)

Do you touch and go your reps?

You're struggling with 275 pounds?

He tells you to do 4x4 deadlifts, 4x8 deadlifts, and an amrap deadlift set as a beginner. On top of that he wants you to add 15lbs to your deadlift/squat when every other week you only do it once. This guy is completely fucking retarded.

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym with a kid from work who's never lifted before. Should I be cruel make him do a grueling leg workout that will leave him unable to walk for days?

get him to browse the 'ch0n for his first day

its a rite of passage for all lifters, its for his own good

no, i pause at the bottom to set my lats, get tight, breathe ect...
only on month 4 of lifting with a real program so yes, i am struggling with 275

How does sumo deadlift compare to regular deadlift?

Trying to figure out my calorie goals, and I am trying to figure out if I am doing "light" or "moderate" exercise
>work out 5/6 times a week
>cycle 6k warmup, usually 12 mins
>4 sets of 10 reps on 4 different strength exercises

Trying to go for a little and often as I am quite short on time during the day. Any thoughts?

How do I target my chest with bench press?

I actually really need to get big pecs, but every exercise I've attempted to target the chest with works out my arms more.

sumo has shorter range of motion and works your back less because it's more vertical during the lift. it also works the hips more. even though they're considered the same in the sport of powerlifting, it should not be considered a training alternative to conventional deadlifts since the training effect is quite different.

I find that cable exercises hit my chest way more, and dumbbell bench more than barbell.

you should do BB bench because it works a ton of muscle mass, and supplement with assistance work like cable flys to target your chest specifically.

I've done flies and press with dumbbells but never really got the burn in my chest that I wanted.

I think the main problem is you think you should get a "burn".

It just feels like I'm working out and stressing my arms more than my chest, is all.

How much a person that can 1/2/3/4 should be able to power clean?

Around 200 I guess but it really depends on your form

high gravity day

How strong and aesthetic will I be/look after a few months of eating good and doing bodyweight exercises? New lease on life has me motivated, but currently quitting my job and not won't start my new one for at least 2 months, so I'm really strapped for cash and can't join a gym.

first time power clean I'd just do the bar or bar + 10lb bumper plates

Novice here on SL5x5. Goal is primarily weight loss but I'm gaining strength due to nub gains. What should I be doing on my rest days?

Cardio.

How do I stop wetting the bed during GOMAD?

Ive been told im hard the whole time im asleep but i never wake up hard. What does this mean?

Is there a downside to doing my SS 3 days a week and adding an extra 2 gym days of nothing but accessories? Isn't that essentially hoe a brosplit works aside from the full body basis of SS?

how do you eat flax seeds they're incompatible with everything

>last week weigh 153.8lbs
>get on scale this morning
>156.8
>what the fuck
>get off
>get back on
>152.8
>get off and on again
>152.8
>152.8

Do I need a new scale? Is the second reading more valid because it keeps repeating it?

Drank. Lot last night.
Woke up went to gym, deadlifts more pathetic than usual, had to take the at down ten
Should I just not count today as lifting and do deads again tomorrow?
Just move on to push?

Also I had to skip curls so I could shower and get to work on time.
Will my biceps ever forgive me?

don't be an autist. In the long run it doesn't matter.
Just keep going and don't do shit like this regularly and you'll be fine.

If you do SS, do SS. Focus on getting as strong as possible and reassess your situation when you're no longer making novice gains. Don't try to rush anything, it's about long-term progress.
And no, that's not a brosplit. A brosplit is "train every muscle group once per week".

Does coffee hydrate?

Love black coffee, but I always feel kind of.. Drained, or something after I drink it?

I dunno. I don't get much out of it. Used to be a big soda guy, but now I try to drink black coffee instead.

Usually I'll have one large cup in the morning, and sometimes a second. Then water for the day, but.. I dunno, I feel like the coffee isn't working?

oats

gay

Nigga fuck you what the fuck does calling me gay have to do with drinking black coffee? Go cream your shit up fag boy

caffeine is a diuretic so you will piss more water out but yes it hydrates you to some degree before you piss it out since coffee contains water

Which is better for finding thicc girls like pic related tinder or okcupid trying to raise test levels

Yohimbe to help cutting, ye or nah?

Yohimbe for ED. YohimBINE for cutting. Yes it works, build your tolerance slowly. There's the website that tells about it in depth.

Interested in dating a girl, but she has a daughter. Obviously it is not acceptable to raise another man's son, that's a given, but what is Veeky Forumss opinion on a girl? "My wife's daughter" sounds more acceptable to me than, "my wife's son."

There was one girl with a daughter I would've dated, no problem.

But, I'd be way too inclined to make her have one of my own kids if that was the scenario.

I'd say date her, and forget about the kid entirely.

I took 2 pills for the flu which contain 500mg of paracetamol and some other shit. Am I okay to train 13 hours from now on? Should I take them a few hours before going to the gym? I don't want my performance to be hindered by this shit.

>did an ab workout evening before last
>still hella fucking sore

omfg I can't even do other lifts because my core is so sore wtf?

The first day of leg doms and trying to squat on the toilet is a rite of passage for all gym goers. Barbell bench is often done incorrectly when you shift the weight off of your chest onto your arms. Its common so you should add in dumbbell as its harder to shift weight away from chest to the arms. I also recommend cable flies. Ive noticed doms as well as muscle development in my chest since I added them.
Go to bathroom before bed and dont drink an hour beffore bed.
Blend them into powder in a food processor is what you are suppose to do. Add the powder to yogurt or smoothies.
I consider it worse if its a son as the man is essentially competing with you. If need be you can always impregnate the daughter too and make her yours.
Core workouts can limit your other workouts as you cant get enough support in core from doms. You gotta plan when your core only workout will be to coordinate with rest days so your main lifts dont stall.

>sumo
you purposefully gimp your strength development, that's why

I should also point out the kids dad is not in the picture, and the girl I'm interested in is not a coal burner.

Takin care of stray girls is manly, date the girl pham. You'll be protecting two ladies that's fucking rad.

How to I prevent side stitches?

Im trying to get back into jogging/running after a couple months of being stupid and not doing it and I keep getting side stitches which is making it really hard to do my whole 30 minutes

I got started doing c25k, should I restart the program to get back into condition or is there something else I can do to prevent the cramps?

all lifts progressing well making good gains but wtf my bicep wont grow? my triceps even doing ok but my bicep just is lacking. I do pull ups/chin ups, preacher curls, diddlys, ez bar curls and hammer curls

should I move over to the squatrack to do curls? how do i more bceps?

diddlys shouldnt be working your biceps thats how you tear em. Do higher volume. Biceps can be done every 24 hours, they recover fast.

While on a cut it's normal to lose strength. Is losing muscle size to be consequently expected, or not necessarily?

eat enough protons

Can someone give me actual evidence that says you can't do fasted cardio in the morning to lose fat and then eat at a Surplus and lift to gain muscle too?

From my terrible understanding of fitness.

You should do cardio fasted, lift fasted, and then when the DOMS hits, you snort nothing but pure protein powder for gains. Have all your fat/carbs before lifting, and all the protein after.

you have to do either squats or deadlifts to make an anabolic window and inject all the protein powder

Thanks buying some hypodermic needles

Yeah, that was my drug addict talking about the snorting. I forget the protein you need to inject right into the muscle, it doesn't dot he brain anygood. So no need to snort.

suposed to snort the creatine half an hour before an hour after the anabolic window

how to get gf

Shitposting aside
Like i asked
Any ACTUAL evidence?

>asking for ACTUAL evidence on shitposting board

>Barbell bench is often done incorrectly when you shift the weight off of your chest onto your arms
Is there anything that can be done form wise on bench to prevent this? Also, what other accessories do you recommend for bench?

best carbs to replenish glycogen stores? I heard fruit is pretty bad for this and I get all my carbs from fruits

bread and pasta

How much is a scoop?

I've been running SS to the tee but instead of AxBxAxx I just do AxBx

Is there any reason I shouldn't be doing this is if I'm recovering fine and still progressing?

Its really hard for just about everyone. Try to squeeze ur pecs at the top of a bench but its still really hard.

Cable flies, dumbbell flies, dumbbell bench flat and incline and dips. Dips are really good but I also find its hard to lean forward on them and hit the chest. Too easy to stay straight and hit triceps but if you can do it its really good.
One scoop from the scooper usually put in the container you just bought.

Doing Stronglifts.

My squats are great and my legs are strong and aesthetic, because I walk about 1h VERY FAST (I literally can't walk slower) and uphill (because poorfag and no car).

My upper body is DYEL as fuck though. I've thought: Shold I replace Squats with Bench Press? So instead of doing Squats thrice a week it'd be BP three times a week, putting more emphasis on my worst lift and letting my legs rest.

Will this work? Or will I fuck my shoulders/whatever?

I'm looking for any routine that satisfied the following:
>no bench and OHP on same day
>no squats and diddlys on same day

That's it. I can't fucking do it, whichever follows will lack.

no don't replace squats
add pullups, dips and/or chinups to the workout

this shit is $30 cop or not, im new to this

wendler's 5/3/1

You can do both squats and bench press. They dont use the same muscles.

I'll get T-rex at this point. Well I'm already fucking T-rex, my squats and DL are miles ahead the rest of my lifsts. My legs don't really recover from all the walking. I'm having sharp pains in my knees and near my glutes.

Should I skip at least one of the three squat sessions? I will add accessories as you recommended (all I want is to give my legs a rest and improve my worst lifts, which are BP and rows.

If I can bench press a certain weight DB would I be able to press a BB that weighs the same as both DB's? Or would it be a little more or a little less?

Same question with OHP.

Huh... You're right. Hadn't thought about that.

It seems I was looking for excuses to skip squats as they're starting to hurt and I don't think I need them (perhaps I do... perhaps I do...).

Getting spotted counts as a failed rep? I mean when your spotter helps you slightly when you're stuck.

Does it matter when you eat your calories throughout the day so long as you eat the right amount to make gainz?

So we're talking about deadlifting...

I've began to lift heavy for myself (very light for fit standards, 235lbs) and I'm experiencing some lower back aches after I'm done. It's not a sharp pain, but rather a dull ache, almost combined with a stiffness. It's not painful, but rather uncomfortable and usually goes away within 2-3 days.

Is this a sign that my form is incorrect? Am I about to snap my shit up?I read somewhere that lower back pain shouldn't really happen with deadlifting, but I'm also relatively new to lifting and this is my first time lifting 235lbs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Why don't you just try it at the gym

No one knows how your body works

wow bro thanks couldn't figure that one out.

you can lift more with the bb because the weight is more stable on a bar than it is balancing in your hands. however if you haven't done bb bench before I would suggest starting at lmao1pl8 regardless so you can progress with good form

It's likely that your core is weak, that paired with subpar form will cause lower back pain. I'm willing to bet you're doing a minimalist program like SS where you're not doing any direct core or lower back work.

Whoever says you're not supposed to be able to feel deads in your lower back is an idiot. The only time that's going to happen is with light (70%-) weights. The dull ache is probably doms in your erectors that you're mistaking for an aching originating from your spine. Just keep lifting, take a video to troubleshoot your form if necessary, and keep learning the minutiae of the lift

So yesterday I worked biceps and back pretty hard, so I'm still fairly sore. Instead of taking a rest day like usual, my schedule is forcing me to work out again today. Is it okay to go in and do shoulders (and legs but I know that wouldn't be a problem) even though my biceps are still sore ?

Does it matter when you eat your calories throughout the day so long as you eat the right amount to make gainz?

I take cold showers, when I get in it's fine except for my scalp which feels like the water is subzero, what gives?

maybe cos that's where your brain is and your head runs hot cos of it? im just guessing but it sounds about right