If humans had to pick ONLY ONE source of nutrition and had to survive, what would it be? No mixes, just one...

If humans had to pick ONLY ONE source of nutrition and had to survive, what would it be? No mixes, just one. Would it be a vegetable? No.

It would be grass fed or wild red meat, obviously.

But there are options. What would you guys pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/10526/2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846864/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they would all die.

cereal
>variety
>contains all food groups and essential vitamins and minerals
>insanely healthy

Potatoes got everything you need

This is a shitty question. We are omnivores and have evolved to require nutrition from various forms of food. Eating only one type of food would kill you fairly soon. That said, if I had to pick, I would die eating as much high quality steak as I could.

Trips don't lie. All hail cereal!

probably oats due to a good mix of carbs and protein

Since we're going to die anyway. I'd eat pizza

There aren't many sources where you can live long, meat is one of them. There's nothing in good meat that will kill you, and there is no deficiency you will die of. Lack of carbs, granted, but that will not kill you.

Oats would probably be the best in the short run, a few years until you start running out of trace elements and vitamins

Soylent Green

this.

think irish potato famine. all they had were potatoes and they made it thru the famine. common misconception was there were no potatoes but the opposite is true

aren't they pretty equivalent to oats?

Human milk is the only legit answer.
It has everything you need to be healthy.

red meat, you would die of scurvy

What's "good meat"?

Beans

The best meat is probably from hunting, but grass fed cattle is ridiculously nutrient dense and has pretty much everything you need. Grain fed are good but not quite as good, and then there are those pellet fed steroid cows that dont have a lot of micros. You'd die on chicken pretty quick surprisingly because of terrible fatty profile(omega balance).

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned fish.

I mean seriously, fish and meat has everything an omnivore needs since eating a herbivore yields you the elements that animal eats and produces.

pizza with every topping

soylent

red beans and rice. complete protein

Human milk could be pretty dank.
You're right vitamin c is the weakness in a red meat diet, so you would start having problems in a couple of years. But not as fast as you'd have problems with potatoes or milk I think

martian space taters

Insects

>You'd die on chicken pretty quick surprisingly because of terrible fatty profile(omega balance).

How "quickly" do you think that would be? Most diets have a high omega 6:3 ratio and there's not an epidemic of acute omega imbalance related deaths

one source of nutrition?

cow
>meat for protons, guts for minerals and vitamins, milk for calcium

>grass fed cattle is ridiculously nutrient dense and has pretty much everything you need

Hardly

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/10526/2

It's got a lot of zinc, niacin, b12, and b6, but it's not that amazing otherwise. Its high zinc content might actually be a bad thing because it has very little copper and those two minerals are meant to be in balance.

>You're right vitamin c is the weakness in a red meat diet

According to this it also has virtually no vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, thiamin, calcium, magnesium, copper, or manganese

Meat, vegetables & fruit.

No, autistic kid humans wouldn't pick ONLY ONE source of nutrition because that's fucking retarded and illogical, your fucking "WHAT IF HURR DURR" scenario makes no fucking sense and you should kill yourself, honestly.

>tfw you see a tree with delicious fruit growing on it but you can't eat it because you made a pact with some autistic kid that you're only gonna eat cow shit

Go fuck yourself, honestly you stupid fucking cunt you should get shot on the street like the degenerate you are for wasting such valuable thread space on Veeky Forums of all places -- FUCK YOU

Hemp seeds

You're right, and chicken does seem to contain both so it can't be that. Should have bookmarked the source for why chicken alone has problems which had something to do with the fats I'm sure. Now I can only find bullcrap articles without references

But either way, meat has better micros¯os.

Semen.

That's incorrect though, red meat definitely has A E K. You're looking at nutrition data from probably yank industrial cow meat.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846864/

A quick search for actual methods and results and you'll find why it's a bad idea to blindly look at nutritiondata.com

Not vegan but the only choice is vegan because animals need veggies to live

Enjoy your scurvy.

I would pick milk obviously.

I can see that you don't understand why it's interesting to talk about preferred best single sources of nutrition in this kind of imaginary context, but simply put every good result of this discussion should yield a good list of the best things to eat, as well as discussion about where they're lacking.

no the best choice then is eating vegans, aka most animals that we currently eat to reap their eating habits by just eating them

Nutritiondata uses data from the government nutrition database. As your article says, meat can have small amounts of carotenoids and vitamin E, but it's not significant.

Eggs for sure

Underrated

Almonds! Good Protons and Fats!

human breast milk

Definitely meat, can't live without that shit.

Sweet potato

chocolate covered mixed nuts

Except for vit K, E, D, Selenium, b12, omegas 3s + 6s, calcium, and A if you don't eat sweet potatoes. But yeah they are good.

Activated almonds?

Rabbit starvation

Seals.
Definitely seals.

>no mixes

are you retarded?

Potatoes have all the nutrients required to live off of them

Milk.

How are vegans and vegetarians alive?

Not shilling but your statement is stupid as shit.

lmao, seal meat would probably be number one no?

Came here to say this. It has all the food groups. Meats, dairy, grains, and veggies.

I eat pizza daily and have a 6 pack because this shit is so healthy for you.

you can go vegan perfectly well thanks to supplements, nobody actually goes vegan because of nutritional benefits unless theyre retarded. babies, teens and kids can't live as vegans very long but adults can sustain the deficit for much longer (without supps)

t. irish

>one thing, no mixes
>pizza

pick one

First poster said cereal aint no one said shit bout dat now did dey bitch? Muthafucka ruinin shit for errybody up in dis bitch.

Acting retarded on purpose now doesn't make you look less stupid.

Eggs

There is not and cannot be enough grass-fed or wild red meat to sustain the whole human population.

And have fun eating that without any additives and spices.

No vitamin c tho

Literally doesnt matter whar you pick because;
Humanity would cease being humanity because our variated diet is one of the reasons we evolved the way we did

are you telling me.... we would leave humanity behind?

Kek

Quinoa obv. All the essential aminos and high in protein and carbs.

/thread

Just use fuck all cheese just enough to act as a glue for the toppings and put ANYTHING on it and you can make a pizza healthy

It would be a potato you dumb fuck. It's got everything humans need to survive.

Canned cod livers is my gut anwser.
But I'd get scorbut so I guess ovo bars all day long.