Should i skip leg day if my legs are massive t-rex stomps since i used to bike professionally as a kid?

Should i skip leg day if my legs are massive t-rex stomps since i used to bike professionally as a kid?

No.

/thread

I've always had naturally big legs, i don't train legs and even after 15lbs of muscle gained on the upper body i still look lower body dominant.

don't fall for the ss meme my friendo

My solution is just to do them for low volume. IE: 3-5x3 for squats. Mainly just want to strengthen them not get them any bigger

Will biking actually get you big legs?
I always had stick legs but I've started biking to school the past 6 months.
My legs are noticeably more toned now but I don't think they are getting bigger?

yes

Wouldn't your legs get used to it though?
I mean it's not like it's heavy lifting.
Seems like you'd need to be squatting to get huge legs like that

you eat macros
your legs grow big

But it's just riding a bike it doesn't seem like there is enough resistance to develop muscles which are that huge.

Almost definitely not, but show us your physique and legs so we know for sure.

Have you ever been in the same vicinity of a hill and a pushbike at the same time?
are you legitimately retarded?

I guess not.
There aren't many hills where I live.

can't am at work.
will post later.
for now talk about bike manlets

Those are competitive sprint cyclists.

The only sportsmen more in love with squatting than them are Olympic lifters and it isn't by much. They're monsters for leg workouts.

Think of it like doing a lot of sets of something. Even if it's at a low weight, you're still going to get hypertrophy to some degree no matter what.

Especially if you do HIIT with your bike (which I do, don't bother with regular cadence).

endurance biking

Your legs will grow if you do a few sets of bodyweight squats till fatigue every other day.
It's not the most optimal, but it will work.

Sprint cyclists have big legs, but they also spend a lot of time lifting and use gear. Random cycling hobbyists have bigger legs than sedentary people, but smaller legs than lifters.

I feel like you (and possibly OP but it depends on how recently and how intense and for how long his cycling training was) have no concept of what "big legs" or "lower body dominant" actually look like. 95% of guys who say they don't need to train legs have fucking chicken legs as a result. The other possibility is that they're fucking fatties, and they carry fat in their thighs and think that their legs are lean for some stupid reason despite not seeing any muscle separation in their thighs.
As a competitive bodybuilder who squats over 4 plates in the offseason, and 365 for sets of 8 while I'm cutting, and still wears skinny jeans when my weight is below 200, I can tell you with alacrity that your legs are almost definitely not "too big".
Cycling is literally the only sport I can imagine that could possibly motivate you to skip leg day. I played hockey as a goalie for 20 years, sit-squatting for hours a week on skates wearing significant weight in protective equipment, and I started lifting with a strong squat because of that, but my legs still aren't so big that I neglect them.

>Should i skip leg day if my legs are massive t-rex stomps since i used to bike professionally as a kid?
no. if your legs are already big it means they won't get much bigger.

Picture depicts a guy that bikes professionally RIGHT NOW, in fact he's the best in the world at his discipline. If you're going to get what lifters would call "massive legs", you're going to have to do a very specific kind of cycling. Like 60 seconds up a hill in 54x11, once day.

However if you just want legs that can put out a lot of power over a long period time then most kinds of cycling will get you there.

Those are track cyclists, they have big legs because they lift a ton. Track cyclists are squatters that know how to ride a bike in a circle, it's pretty different from what normal people consider "cycling".

>Wouldn't your legs get used to it though?

going up hills faster/in higher gear than you did the last time you went up the same hill is roughly approximate to progressive overload

you don't get to say that without posting pics m8. nobody is accurately allowed to judge their own body