Martial Arts

Does Veeky Forums practice any martial arts? All that muscle must tract a lot of challengers, right? Do you know how to use that muscle in a fight?

A DYLE but trained fighter will destroy an untrained fighter any day.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BJOEijogPJh/
youtube.com/watch?v=55nFsKUSK9M
youtube.com/watch?v=XPGzEyVuNhg
youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I spent many of my teen years doing jujitsu and boxing. Then I wanted to be a professional wrestler, but quit after 3 years because I realised being on the road and working injured all the time is not so fun

So what do you do now?

>I'll never have a hot mma fighter japanese waifu to train mma with and watch Pride fc videos with

Why even LIVE

To answer your question OP I'm a total fucking lard ass. 5'10 260lbs of muscle and fat.

I do Judo (3 years), Muay Thai (5), and Boxing (5), and recently started BJJ (months).

And I've had a couple of amateur mma fights and competitions in my respective arts.

Which like you know OP. Makes it all the funnier when you watch some guy at the gym act all hard because he's swole. I wish a nigga would but so far no bully.

Be quiet lying fatty.

Two black belts OP. Blue in jj. Amature boxer and I work as a boxing coach. I used to get in fights years ago but then I matured. I got my ass beat twice once I was black out drunk and once I got jumped after talking shit to some dumb rednecks. Fighting is fun, but keep it in the gym. It's not worth starting shit or fighting if you don't have to.

I'll wreck you son. I wasn't always fat. I became fat after my motorcycle accident. Now I started BJJ to get back into shape as part of my cardio

>I became fat after my motorcycle accident

>tfw you crash your motorcycle into a truck full of cakes

I might as well have. I needed rehab for 2 years from my injuries. Being bed ridden for the first year was rough. Just vidyea and eating

>AZN muscle qt with good core

I want to put a million babies in that.

OP's question: I wanna get into HEMA. Nothing else to say.

I'm 33
>TKD as kid for 6 years
>Wing Chun 3 years
>MT 3 years
>Boxing 6 years
>Japanese Jujutsu 6 years

Haven't done anything other than hit my heavy bag in like 5 years tho :(

I'm going to start learning Wing Chun in the coming months.
How autistic and fucked am I?

It's fun I liked it. It's a bit autistic but the theories and philosophies behind it are legit. I especially liked incorporating what I learned into boxing and MT. The footwork sucks but whatever.

Also the forearm sensitivity training is amazing. It's been almost 15 years since I practiced WC and I still reflexively trap people's arms when they grab me.

Granted I'm a bouncer so it happens more to me than others but still.

It's not the be all end all for martial arts and it catches a bad rap for not being very useful in MMA but from a purely defensive oriented perspective and entertainment value, it's fine.

>I'll never have a hot mma fighter japanese waifu to train mma with and watch Pride fc videos with
>Why even LIVE
All aboard the feels train

>ywn put pussy on a pedestal this much

Feels good

I'm glad I'm not this much of a faggot, holy shit

I do Kendo

Karateka here

That's probably pretty fun.

It seems impractical obviously but I bet the footwork alone is top notch and worth learning

who this

instagram.com/p/BJOEijogPJh/

how would the average fitizen do against this arm snapping cumslut?

The footwork is pretty specific to kendo and would be useless in a fight. Does train your reflexes though.

She'd snap off my arm, strap it on and peg me into oblivion with it.

>That's probably pretty fun
It really is

>the footwork alone is top notch and worth learning
It's the hardest part on learning kendo

Are you serious? I'm 6'1", 230 pounds.
youtube.com/watch?v=55nFsKUSK9M

how do you like judo? Im looking to get into that

>instagram.com/p/BJOEijogPJh/

Holy shit this wasn't good for my no-fap. The way she stays cool and just pounds her made me rock hard.

Grappling Is Useful

youtube.com/watch?v=XPGzEyVuNhg

I would make her tap within a minute.

I don't believe you

Learning boxing here

Just 2 weeks in

What should I know as a beginner so i don't fuck my shit up, give tips as if i were a beginner lifter

did you walk in the first day and demand to start sparring?

if you didn't then you fucked up big time, friend.

Keep your hands up
Relax
Footwork is first

Why, I mean, they don't make beginners spar, you have to go to a full basic course first until you are able to do it

I'm not really unsure of the gym though, it has some amateur fighters and it's the biggest box place in the city, most fights are done there (Although boxing sucks hard in my country)

just b yourself

Looks like he beat up a bunch of old ladies

This isn't even martial arts. This is having fucking sand.

anyone here do judo? How is it? any tips when getting started?

SS+GOMAD

I'm a brown belt in jiu jitsu. I don't get the challengers thing, though - are you a part of some ape society? Fighting on the streets is for retards and trash

>Implying you can always avoid a fight

my friend learned this the hard way.

i would always push him to be more physically active and he would say it was pointless. i listed off health benefits and social benefits and he would counter with things like being mindful of his diet and having good conversational skills.

i also added that being physically capable in a dangerous situation will be useful if he found himself in such a predicament. he laughed at that one. he said he would just talk his way out of a bad situation, that he could reason with the person or simply walk away. i reminded him that not everyone is reasonable.

he visits family in his home country and he's out with his cousin one evening. some guys that know his cousin start shit with him and my friend is trying to talk it out. they start kicking and shoving, he tries to run with his cousin but they get caught in a dead end of sorts. the dudes start throwing bricks and rocks and they just have cower there.

he comes back from his trip and mentions this all to me. says he wants to admit he was wrong and that he should try to do some lifting, etc.

I've done many many martial arts since childhood. Kenpo Karate, Muay Thai, boxing, bjj and Judo are the useful ones. If you're only going to learn one for serious self defense learn Judo. One hard throw headfirst onto concrete or asphalt and the fight is over. Only do this if it's life threatening though. If a person doesn't know how to breakfall that can easily kill them.

I've been training mma for 8 months, I have good cardio from swimming and I'm pretty strong from lifting but my striking is kinda shit
>inb4 you don't train mma it's just a sport
Coach is a JKD/muay thai guy and bjj brown belt so you could say I train that. Hopefully I'm gonna have an exhibition fight at the end of this month and don't get BTFO

You can in like 99.9% cases

>the dudes start throwing bricks and rocks
some third world shithole?

t. Prissy nerd virgin that never leaves his basement

If you think you can avoid Tyrone for the rest of your life you're ignorant as shit or a shut-in. Either that or a pussy that would cower in fear when confronted.

That was fun to watch. The gray sweater just waited for the right moment while red was a bitch.

>If you think you can avoid Tyrone for the rest of your life
There are literally no coloured people around here. The only people who get into fights are teenagers and white trash

I wanna be a pro wrestler too but feel like skipping touring indies but I know that's gonna be rough

desu irl tomboys would be fucking awful

Fucking brutal man. It's injury city with Judo. Probably the best workout you're gonna get from all the ones I listed

I love judo mat slapping manlet throwing goodness. I think judo is a must for anyone interested in martial arts for the simple fact it makes you fallproof.

I'm 5'10 not that tall but I find it easier to takedown the lanklets than the manlets. Then again I'm also strong and heavy so I tend to muscle my way into takedowns. And manlets tend to be a little stronger and have a lower center of gravities.

Perhaps once I get better and use more technique it will change .

Also people criticize Judo and BJJ for being unrealistic with the Gi but I think it's quite the opposite considering people wear clothes and belts in the street.

I choked out one of my drunk buddies with a simple graphic tee by grabbing a big clump of the shirt so it wouldn't rip

>All that muscle must tract a lot of challengers, right?
Wrong. Most would-be "challengers" are not
stupid enough to think their bravado can
surpass muscle, unless they are drunk,
in which case they are slobbering babies.
>Do you know how to use that muscle in a fight?
L0L, Lrn2training fgt pls

>obligatory kendo joke
youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

are u european?
do you know Miko kung fu?

What is the best martial art to start off with? I was thinking either Boxing or Mauy Thai but not sure.

Thats the kind of talk thtat will get you destroyed by an experienced fighter

I'd pick her up, swing around and around, then drop her down.

Both are viable. ofc learn a striking art then learn a grappling art to cover all grounds. its all preference if you put in the work and you are only fighting randoms on the street.

Mauy Thai would probably be better, just to learn kicks. I would suggest finding a MMA gym, so you can learn a little bit of standing and ground.

>no one mentioning freestyle wrestling

I practice concealed carry and ning nong ching chong to you, young lady