What is the equivalent of 2pl8 bench in weighted dippings?

What is the equivalent of 2pl8 bench in weighted dippings?

i can rep 2 pl8 x 5 and can only get 4 reps at 1pl8, weigh 220

can dip 4pl8 for 3, can't even bench 3

Depends how you're doing them.

Kind of hard to judge since it's easier to cheat and/or screw with the ROM

If people do half ROM dips they can typically do ~50lbs more on a weighted dip than a bench press. If you go too far you are guaranteed to fuck your shoulders up so only a moron would do heavy weighted dips.

but you're benching 4 pl8 for one? haha that's absurdly strong good for you man

well that depends on your bodyweight/height

turbo-manlet reporting in, 5'7", 148lbs

2plate flat bench for 3x5. doing dips at +100lbs for 4x8. i can easily get up to +135 for a triple or something but i don't see the point in training the weighted dip as a strength movement.

no, i meant i can't even bench 3pl8 for 1 rep

>see this thread
>decide to do some dips cos bars are the only piece of equipment i have in my room
>first fucking rep
>3 loud cracks
>think i fractured my collarbone
FOR FUCKS SAKE Veeky Forums

if you fractured your clavicle, you wouldn't want to move and breathing would hurt.
people get pain in their sternum when doing dips. people get pain/popping in their costal cartilage. lots of people have shit shoulder flexibility. these factors lead to most people doing half-dips like

>If you go too far you are guaranteed to fuck your shoulders up so only a moron would do heavy weighted dips.

is suggesting and making excuses for themselves and their shitty shoulder mobility.

okay, so will whatever i've just done to my shoulder heal pretty quick? cos it stings like a bitch atm but it's not as painful as breaking a clavicle sounds

>idiots doing weighted dips for the first time with weak shoulders

hardly anyone here has strong shoulders because you aren't even using their full range of motion doing some shitty bb/db work.

nice quads m8
did you even bother doing some push ups or sth to warm up before jumping into dips cold and stale?

if you caused damage to your costal cartilage (which is a real possibility when it comes to dips) then healing is a very slow process. you would have pain around your sternum, breathing and trunk rotation will be painful.

damage to your shoulder is damage to your shoulder. the shoulder has a lot of components that could be hurt. there's no way to tell if what you did was serious.

probably should do some warm ups and not overextend yourself if you're getting off the couch and doing exercise.

NO HE CUT OFF THE HEAD IN THAT PROFILE SHOT! What kind of amateur photog did this shit job fuck you and your shit post OP go to hell.

>he doesn't warm up

I do 6x6 weighted dips with 80lb and i don't even bench 145lb

I never learnt to bench though, dropped it after the first month, I just OHP, weighted dips and some landmine presses or dumbbells

I weight 140lb also, 5'6 badass manlet

>did you even bother doing some push ups or sth to warm up before jumping into dips cold and stale?
no lol
It's mainly just a pain in the left of my collarbone, I feel like its less serious than i first thought