Hi Veeky Forums I'm a hikki with social anxiety and no money and I want to get in better shape to hopefully help me...

Hi Veeky Forums I'm a hikki with social anxiety and no money and I want to get in better shape to hopefully help me build more confidence and get my life together. The thing is I can't afford a gym membership or weights and even if I could going out in public makes me panic. Is bodyweight exercise a good option for me? How do I into bodyweight exercises?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZQA08SlJnM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get rid of computer.

How does that relate to bodyweight exercise?

Why bother lmao just stay in your room and jack off everyday dude.

It's boring and I want to feel love

have fun my friend. I was the same as you once

Thanks but I have no idea where to start with this stuff which is why I made this thread. What's a good routine for a total beginner?

ask in the thread fucking newfag

Do you have any equipment/what is your level fitness currently?

Lifting will not bring you love

I posted in the thread but I'd say my current level of fitness is skinnyfat

Google some beginner bodyweight routine and stick to it.

Though the best thing you can do is actually go to a gym.

I'd pick up an over-the-door pull up bar and a rug or mat to make crunches/sit-ups more bearable depending on your flooring type.

As for the actual routine/exercises themselves;
Push-ups: 3 sets to failure with 1-3 minutes rest in between each set and a rest day every 3 days. Should be able to add 5 push ups every 2 days.

Pullups: same as above, just adding less, maybe 4 every 2 days? Also try using different grips, shoulder-width supinated (palms facing you), shoulder-width palms facing out, wide grip palms facing out.

Abs: follow the picture.

Good luck, my friend.

Since you aren't going to be increasing weight, the only thing you can do is increase repetitions. This will result in your excercise taking more and more time, but when I was a hikikomori it didn't matter since it wasn't cutting into anything.
Have fun, desu.

bodyweight exercises are a good place to start, after a few months of that come back and start asking about starting to train with weights.
for now I would say do as many pushups as you can and take a 30 second break after then do it again, try and do as many as you can ignoring the pain. do that at least 2-3 times a week a couple days apart, eventually the number of pushups you can do will go up a lot.

make sure to consume a lot of protein rich food like milk, spinach, fish, chicken breast

one exercise I recommend you do is burpees
youtube.com/watch?v=JZQA08SlJnM
you said your a hermit basically so you probobly don't wanna go out and run much but if you do, don't do long distance running stick to sprinting short distance and stopping
come back in a few months n ask about weight training then
cya

I live in the middle of nowhere so I don't really mind running, I actually want to do it since I ran cross country in high school and enjoyed it, problem is I'm broke and my shoes are falling apart. I like long distance running and was ideally going to do bodyweight training along with that. Why do you recommend sprinting instead?

Spot the difference?

the olympics reminds us that other countries actually exist......kinda.......

Then why did you come to Veeky Forums?

I'd anally destroy Leona so hard

Play some motivating anime op's or whatever you are into, watch a bunch of body weight exercise YouTube videos. Push ups, inclined push ups, handstand push ups, chair + bed dips, put something heavy between your door to hold it open and do pull ups. Dude don't worry about hikkikomori nonsense or whatever, most of us here are like that on the inside. If you can will yourself to go to the gym, you'll realize that you are fine, everyone is concerned with themselves. Read the sticky hikki-kun, good luck. Just remember, it's easier to learn how to swim by getting in the pool rather than staying at home reading swimming magazines. To be honest I wish more people like you went to my gym so I could have lifting bros like me.

You gotta fix that anxirty shit to fet your life togheter. Exercise will help but I'm afraid you'll need more than that

Stop watching anime and go out and live your life... Start by selling the computer...

Listen to this man. The perfect beginner routine is just push-ups, pullups, and lunges.

Do the push-ups and pullups both very slowly. If you cannot do a pullups yet, then use a stool to push yourself up, then take your foot off and slowly lower yourself down.

You can use something heavy like a stack of books, a pair of gallon water jugs, or a loaded backpack to add resistance to the lunges.