youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6f3lplUf8
youtu.be/9G3SZuJ-Elo
youtu.be/bgQxE243YNE
youtube.com/watch?v=C4WJJd2WP7E
be.linkedin.com/in/micheldalle
sydney.edu.au/arts/ciss/news/?keyword=Dr. John Lee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>1992
>HK is a city of mystery, futuristic, fun to visit, the perfect balance of east and west
>2018
>literally just a place for mainlanders to launder money, culture rapidly degrading as mainland streetshitters slowly move in and make themselves a majority

Fall of Roman Empire. 1806 is a year that hurts.

HK was a place for money laundering long before the CCPP got it's dirty pedo mitts on it.
The firms that instigated the Opium wars still do business out of there.

That's where your wrong kiddo

>>HK is a city of mystery, futuristic, fun to visit, the perfect balance of east and west

Lel this is some delusion

9/11

It's not exactly hard to believe that it was better under the UK.

Implying that if that was the case, China would be able to facilitate its' transfer and effective authority afterwards.

That is an abominable sentence, and I'm not implying anything.
Why would you think that a territory better administrated by one government couldn't pass into the hands of another, more inept, government due to the stipulations of a mutually agreed treaty?
Are you just being dumb or are you Chinese diaspora 'ko ko ko'ing?

>Why would you think that a territory better administrated by one government couldn't pass into the hands of another, more inept, government due to the stipulations of a mutually agreed treaty?
Because in that case, the new government would become massively unpopular.
>Are you just being dumb or are you Chinese diaspora 'ko ko ko'ing?
And you? A Britbong LARPing?

1700-1889

HK already was a Triad Headquarters and Crime haven under Britain considering it was fuck hard to do illegal business in PRC China. Kinda like Mussolini & the Mafia. So the crime organizations moved into more "freer" part of China: HK and Macau. Not to mention the presence of the Tongs there ever since the place became a European Concession.

There's a reason why John Woo was making all those crime films.

>British imperialists BTFO
Truly the saddest day for whiteloi*d subhumans

Germany losses WW1 and we are doomed to have a second WW, fascism and communism.

>Because in that case, the new government would become massively unpopular.

I'm sure the opinions of small island's small islanders matter immensely to the CCP. I'm sure everyone in HK adores their august and wise rule.
And if they didn't, perhaps the Party could rely on post-colonial afterglow until they import enough mainlanders to effectively drown out anyone dissatisfied with their incompetence.

>A Britbong LARPing?

What do you mean LARPing, what would I be LARPing as? Don't spout memes if you don't understand what they mean, mate.
Two realities:
1. When the transition was undertaken, the CCP was massively corrupt, assuming that it isn't now. Don't insinuate that HK was magically immune to this ubiquitous fact.
2. You are a vatnik who would praise the CCP for finding clever ways to make money as they harvested your pancreas for resale on the US market.

>what would I be LARPing as?
As a subject and a scion of a glorious, benevolent and just empire, of course.

Two realities:
1. Your shallow and baseless elaborations
2. Economic, demographic and public opinion figures of Hong-Kong that show the reality of things.

>it was better under the UK
No, it's not. British government only allowed British whiteloi*ds to be governor of HK, local HK Chinese can never be governor, it's racist as fuck! Besides, this land is never British's soil, you're just "guests", or more precisely, fucking foreign invaders!

Your precious UK government couldn't even uphold the control over the same cultural sphere such as Canada and Australia, not to mention Chinese soil. It's karma, it's justice.

I don't think the world even noticed this non-event, lad. Now, Taiwan might mean something if it went over, but this other was just Bongistan whimpering about the meme empire, we wuzz empire kangs and sheeit, etc.

>As a subject and a scion of a glorious, benevolent and just empire, of course.

I don't even like the UK, vatnik, but I'm not really inclined to take seriously surveys conducted by a state entity with a vested interest in skewing them, after years of importing vatniks like you to that particular area.

>No, it's not. British government only allowed British whiteloi*ds to be governor of HK, local HK Chinese can never be governor, it's racist as fuck!

And it was better administrated and better run. Boo hoo.
I'm not going to be lectured on w-w-w-wacism by Chinese, of all people. I'd sooner listen to the guilty bleating of a Turk.

>fucking foreign invaders!

Like you are in Tibet and Uyghuristan. Imperialists and hypocrites, vatniks as usual.
'Kokokokokoko but there is progress so it's okay! Kokokokoko but what will you do about it China strooooooong! KOKOKOKOKO!!!'

>*nglo s*xons choose not to listen to the wise french and spare germany, only to doom us to a second WW, fascism and millions of death

So fucking sad. Look at Blair grinning like a fool.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6f3lplUf8

AHHHHHHHHHHH IT HURTS

FUCK NEOLIBERALS

>but I'm not really inclined to take seriously surveys conducted by a state entity with a vested interest in skewing them
LALALALA, ALL FACTS ARE JEWISH LIES! MY FANTASY IS FINAL AND UNDENIABLE TRUTH THOUGH!
Typical.

Fucking lol.
Blair was the man that 90s Bwitain deserved, a poofy, empty, gormless subhuman for a nation of poofy, empty, gormless subhumans.
A nation not of people but of THINGS.

The difference between Prince Charles' and Blair's decorum is striking. One is genuinely sad, the other genuinely happy.

>IT HURTS
Nice.

This is the only full video I've found of the Handover Ceremony.

youtu.be/9G3SZuJ-Elo

>And it was better administrated and better run.
And now Britcucks don't even run London anyomore. Boo hoo.

>LALALALA, ALL FACTS ARE JEWISH LIES!

Sure mate. Here, I have some studies stating that akshully the entire population of Ulster wants to remain as part of Britain, and a shocking survey from Rhodesia claiming that the blacks were Ian Smith's most ardent partisans, and of course a document provided by Dr. Boz Kurtlar proving beyond doubt that Armenians have always been an optical illusion.
Fuck off, vatnik.

>1830 let's be independent from holland
>1831 let's get a generic european prince in to become our king

both these decisions ruined belgium

That's the thing mate. You have no studies. Absolutely and literally nothing. You talk entirely and completely out of your ass.

The whole world knows about Ireland and Armenia. The whole world double checks Hong-Konger statistics and data just as well.

Another full video (part of a series). Even the Governors beautiful daughters look sad af.

youtu.be/bgQxE243YNE

>Boo hoo

Woo hoo. The sooner that Momo and Abdullah get their shit together and seize the City the sooner we can exterminate every single living soul within the Greater London area. We'll call it 'Bloody Week II: Electric Boogaloo.'
Failing that, at least all the filthy fucking faggots and scum in that pit will suffer under their new Amir.

>The whole world double checks Hong-Konger statistics and data just as well.

jej, I'm sure that the CCP lets the world check their data and statistics as often as they'd like, the more the better.
You seem to think I'm arguing that Hong Kong would rather be British, I'm not arguing that.
I'm stating that it was better managed under the UK and that for reasons gave, Hong Kong would still rather be Chinese even if it had been utopia under the British govt.

你必须回去

British Hong Kong was one of a kind and I was blessed to get to grow up there before speaking out against the communist government would get you kidnapped and shipped off to a mickey mouse trial in Beijing.

Keep fighting Hong Kong. Long live democracy and the Cantonese people.

>Because in that case, the new government would become massively unpopular

1/3 of Hong Kong now identifies themselves exclusively as Hong Kongers rather than Chinese. Some 2/3rds say they view themselves as Hong Kongers first and Chinese second. When the Party sought to enforce it's political will by ensuring it's mayor had to be a CCP approved candidate, there were massive city wide protests and an entirely new movement was spawned. Before the Chinese takeover, there was never a full blown independence movement. There are now members in HK government who espouse full independence as a political stance. The Chinese mainland government I assure you is anything but popular outside literal commie party loyalists.

HK was a dirty money laundering cantonese shithole long before Communists even existed.

>make deal with country
>honour that deal with another country

Are Bongs dumb?

>Before the Chinese takeover, there was never a full blown independence movement.
Lol, I just love when people spew bullshit with such confidence and aplomb. There were strikes and violent riots.
>The Chinese mainland government I assure you is anything but popular outside literal commie party loyalists.
But the somehow manage to maintain order and control, despite deliberate British political sabotage and liberalisation pre handover.

>There are now members in HK government who espouse full independence as a political stance.
[Citations needed]

>I'm sure that the CCP lets the world check their data and statistics as often as they'd like, the more the better.
Fucking of course! Noone would do business with them, let alone let them maintain a worldwide financial centre if they didn't. And if they didn't, they would tell that much and check it anyway.

Spending the summer in HK, any tips for me?

>the Roman Empire fell in 1806

Star Ferry! I love those things. Then go eat on the JUMBO floating restaraunt.

Check out the Golden Center in Sham Shui Po and stock up on pirated games and movies.

>
>
>

>Michel Dalle, a Belgian former sales executive in China, and now business and management Consultant, elaborated: “iPhones, for example, are copied quicker than the originals can reach the global market. I’m amazed to see how many people who make 1500 RMB (€170) per month are using iPhones...”
>it’s difficult to get your product into China, and the biggest barrier is the Chinese government itself. Dr John Lee, an international securities studies expert at Sydney University, stated in a television interview that it had been the Chinese government’s “very deliberate policy” to take control of the economy through the state-owned sector [...].
>This means that China, “… is not a private free enterprise economy”, and contrary to common belief, it is not in transition to a free market: “It is a state corporate economy run by the Chinese Communist Party,” he said.
>when dealing with foreign companies, the Chinese government changes the goalposts to suit itself, especially in industries that it considers strategic to its power base; “at the very least, they follow a China-first policy,” said Dr Lee. This effectively means unlimited credit where the national interest is involved, meaning also protection and tariffs rather than free-trade.
>“Importing EU goods is a big hassle. Take eye-liner. Before it can be sold in China it must be tested in a Chinese laboratory at western rates: thirty thousand RMB if I’m not mistaken. If you want to import a range of colours, each one will have to be tested separately.”
>there’s no reciprocal requirement concerning Chinese products. “Strict laws are enforced for foreigners, though Chinese don’t have to comply in any way.”

China is too large an exporter not to do business with, but nobody trusts you and for good reason.
Nobody pries into Chinese affairs to maintain business ties.

Oh and trams. FUCKING TRAMS

A literally who blogpost that doesn't even address the issue.

Chris Patten, the right man, in the right place, at the right time.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4WJJd2WP7E

They're cute.
I wonder what did they do later on in their lives.

>gnostic philosopher king realizes he's witnessing the death of an empire
>gormless bugman thinks about the pictures

>gnostic philosopher king realizes he's witnessing the death of an empire
A useless figurehead dragged around as a trophy.
An actual leader of a state, a responsible politician of an international scale who controls his every impulse.

Michael Dalle:
be.linkedin.com/in/micheldalle

Dr. John Lee:
sydney.edu.au/arts/ciss/news/?keyword=Dr. John Lee

The point I was making, brainlet, is that nobody trusts Chinese businesses and/or the Chinese state, and that they will swallow any bullshit statistics the CCP feeds them without much complaint because it is in their economic interest to do so.
Nobody 'lets' the CCP do anything, they do it of their own power, and others accede because opposition is not in their economic or political interest.
Nobody trusts China and yet they still do business with China - what does that tell you about who holds the dominant position in the relationship?
Dolan Tramp mentioned dishonest business practices and government partiality on the part of the Chinese in dealings with US business, and amusingly enough he's right, but that didn't stop even his own party dogpiling on him to stop him offending 'America's biggest trade partner.'
Why would you pretend that the CCP is weak or vulnerable?

>An actual leader of a state, a responsible politician of an international scale who controls his every impulse.
Who is this supposed to be exactly?

Drop into a cantonese BBQ takeaway (they'll be ducks and things hanging in the window) and ask for 'chah siu gai fan' to get tasty pork-and-chicken-on-rice. And if they call you a kwai-lo tell them to fuck off and take your business elsewhere.

First and last customers of the day are lucky, haggle at the souveneir shops for fun. If you have travel/health insurance, try the curried deep fried fish balls from street hawkers. Bonus points if you find a storekeep still using an abacus or a market stall seller still using a balance-stick scale.

t. KongBong

The Sun of Mendel.

I can confirm that from my experience.

First thing that struck me when dealing with Chinese is that they will sign absolutely everything. See, many companies prepare draft agreements with many clauses (like contractual penalty for every tiniest breech) that would make such contract unacceptable. This is normal a practice - such clauses are struck down during negotiations, while the stuff the company really wanted to keep stays. The Chinese will sign the most unacceptable contract without arguing. They not stupid, they simply know that the contract won't be enforced in any Chinese court without the necessary political clout. And you won't gain clout against against a Chinese company or individual while being a foreigner.

Nowadays, it's basically taken for granted in the business community that any trade or technological secret sent to China instantly ceases to be secret. Simply, it will be instantly copied or outright stolen. When any foreign company today weights the merits of its future investment in China, it simply takes that into their calculation.

>literally just a place for mainlanders to launder money, culture rapidly degrading as mainland streetshitters slowly move in and make themselves a majority
Well at least HK still followed after the UK

The Day The Music Died

>the perfect balance of east and west
Literally what is this nonsense. If anything HK was China concentrated into one city

Best day of my life anglo pig shitters lost their empire

>ITT: Saddest moment in History

>1809

>11/11/1918

Daily reminder the PRC crushed this """"""revolt"""""" by absolutely doing nothing and letting angry HK Business owners pissed off at the citywide shut down deal with it themselves.

Seriously what can a generation raised by fucking maids and living in their parents houses actually do?

kek, you shitlord

>a city of mystery, futuristic, fun to visit, the perfect balance of east and west

Nigga what

Today.

>The Roman Empire as proclaimed by Rome is not really the Roman Empire

Let me guess, the REAL Rome was in Greece, huh?

Big Bopper

the whole reason HK existed was to launder money

Agreed. I wonder how DIVVS FILI IMPERATOR INVICTVS FRANCISCVS II felt during that moment when N*poleon wnder Austerlitz.

March 12th 1945

What was this about?

>
1/10 made me reply

That was a happy moment.

>It was even raining when it happened.

Not him but for your sake stop making yourself look like an idiot. Your debate has consisted of little to no actual information whilst the other guy is consistently disputing everything you say with ease. You're embarrassing yourself.

Man.. your life sounds really fucking depressing.

clemenceau is unironically my hero, the greatest man to ever live (possibly along with Charles de Gaulle)

>Nostalgiafagging this hard
Hong Kong is perfectly fine.

Just don't criticise the mainland government or you might disappear.

The Union Act of 1918 between the Democratic Moldovan Republic and Romania.

Rhodesia

Pretty sure that pic is from somewhere else in africa

you're thinking of 1922

>not listening to Wilson's 14 points
>down with germany!!!

He is the main figure on what Germany did after WWI. He's not a hero, he's was a short-sighted idiot

>clemenceau is unironically my hero, the greatest man to ever live (possibly along with Charles de Gaulle)

F

nah
death to western imperialism

that's not even the same building faggot

We all look like idiots here. I am, at least, pretending to be one, because I get entertained by it.

>mickey mouse trail
why is that funny

t. mugabe