They found this piece of shit called osteoblastoma on my spine, and I had get a chunk of my spine cut off...

They found this piece of shit called osteoblastoma on my spine, and I had get a chunk of my spine cut off, namely the transverse process. Fortunately it is benign; while there is a good chance that it can recur, it isn't likely to kill me.

I now have a bunch of screws screwed on my spine, and the doctor said that I will be unable to lift for 1 to 1,5 years. Needless to say this is fucking devastating to me as I have already lost like 5 kilos in 2 weeks and am rapidly approaching no-gains skeleton mode.

But what is more terrifying is the thought of being unable to lift seriously ever again. As you all know doctors have a very skewed view of lifting and for all I know the guy's idea of compound movements can be 1pl8 squats for like 8 reps. I asked him if I could deadlift 4pl8 ever again and never really got a satisfying answer; I don't know how it works where you are from but in my country doctors always give you open-ended answers so that you don't end up complaining to them if something unexpected happens.

Did someone ever end up in a situation similar to mine? Were you able to recover fully? Were you able to do compound movements with heavy weights again? Did you ever get as strong or stronger than you were before? Will I ever get big again, Veeky Forums? Or am I a cripple now?

If not I am seriously considering roiding. It has been years since I ever felt so small and child-like, and I am 100% sure I will end up getting my hands on the stuff if I am bound to do curls and lateral raises for the rest of my life. Me from 2 months ago would literally be able to rape present-me and this is fucking me up mentally.

Yes I opened the same thread a few days ago; didn't chance on anyone able to help me.

Roid and do caliesthenics my man

Do roids, abandon the compound lift. Zyzz would understand. Do curls, presses, rows and raises.

>I have already lost like 5 kilos in 2 weeks
Youre a bodybuilder? Just do isolations. Its the only way you can safely lift.

No, I used to powerlift. I want to be able to squat and deadlift and overhead press again.

user, I...

N-no...

im so sorry user.. i know youre not going to want to hear this but...

Be satisfied, user. You've achieved more in your life than 99% of humans. You've made your ancestors and evolution proud of your accomplishments, and you will continue to do so. Just not like that.

You can always do Zumba :)

Would not recommend roids. Haven't specifically studied each and every steroid, but certain hormones (GH) could be oncognenic, and I know some sarms (yk-11?) were implied to cause cancer. Given your genetic predisposition to cancer, I would be very careful with things that may promote cancer growth. Messing with the endocrine axis just doesn't seem wise. As a fellow (semi) cripple, I would advise you to focus on other things in life, there's so much to learn and do that's not lifting. Do what you can to stay healthy and maybe if you rehab well and thoroughly you can get back into lifting quicker. There would be no shame in quitting lifting now, either. You're a champ user, there's nothing you need to prove to anyone

Be flexible.
Do you just want to be able to pick up a heavy metal stick or above all that you want to stay fit? You seem to be perceiving your self-worth entirely through powerlifting lenses and that's not gonna work this time. Get into something else that will make you proud of your body and won't be as strenuous as powerlifting. If you used to be good at lifting, your muscles will surely remember it til the end of your days and that might translate into other activities. Be strong brah, even if you'll never be able to lift seriously, there are still shitloads of enjoyable sports.

Just follow this thinking pattern:
- you'll eventually recover and do powerlifting again - great
- you won't recover enough - great, you'll find something new to have fun with

Unfortunately this is the sort of answers people give me when I complain. People legit seem to have trouble understanding why someone wants to be strong.

I did not have cancer user, osteoblastoma is a benign tumor. And I didn't start lifting to prove anything to anyone, I did it because I wanted to be better than other people. I still do, so I am considering something like a cycle of test or anavar. Probably anavar. While most people use it to cut it seems it can also aid in keeping gains since HIV+ people seem to use it. Though I have no idea how to get my hands on the stuff.

I want to be able to move heavy things. That's about it, really. I am already a manlet and feel child-like and threatened around people who stand like skyscrapers around me. I spent the last two years being stronger than 99% of the people I met, and now going back to hungry skeleton mode is fucking with me mentally.

Ridiculous how I can go to the nearest psychiatrist and get prescribed mind-altering drugs to deal with this, but can't get roids legally to solve the problem entirely.

First things first you may never lift heavy again. This is what you do user. Do more of a body building routine rather than a power lifting one. reps over weight now seems like your reality user. go heavy every now and then but if you feel anything wrong call it off. you dont want to fuck up your shit even more. get roids and get big with reps breh

That sucks, dude.

Here is my advice. It's based on what I did personally. I stopped lifting due to a phobia that I couldn't get over... Long story short I fainted and nearly snapped everything when trying for max squat... Then 3 days later when benching (not even maxing) I also fainted.. luckily I had a spotter and I fainted with bar near my chest anyway...The same thing happening twice in a row is too hard to get over and I never lifted again.

No cause of the fainting found by docs either. Completely healthy.

But anyway. What I did after finally accepting I would never lift again and losing lots of gains. I decided to hop on gear and do only bodyweight stuff and cardio.

I'm nowhere near as strong as I was. But at I am at least keeping gains and I actually got very lean. I'm more "ottermode" than anything now... but I'm cool with that I guess.

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG LIFT HEAVY

just fucking 4pl8 your shit up and if you snap yourself kill yourself, easy

Also, to add to my reply, since I read the replies to this thread after I replied...

If you are going to try roids, stay away from anavar. It's pointless. It truly is. Especially if you use it solo.

Research TRT and just do that. 250 per week all year round. And you can add 50-100 extra for 6-12 weeks at a time for an added boost.

Test is all you should be taking. It's all you need... You can experiment with other things later on. But start with test only.

It's the best results with least sides.

I see. People say that your test will drop down to clinically low levels if you get shitfaced, skip sleep, starve yourself, and then go get your blood checked right after. Can I get shit prescribed that way? Do I get injectables that way, or those skin jel stuff?

How many side effects can I expect? Even with TRT levels of test, will I have to use post-cycle theraphy?

Also I am naturally lean and gaunt; I can manage to look ottermode without roiding easily. I am wondering if I will be strong by just roiding mildly and doing little to no lifting. Nothing big, 1/2/3/4 would suffice.

Like any Injury user, you need to prioritize complete healing or you're going to ruin your body on the long run.

You got hit by the worst gains-goblin, Life. Machine broke down and it's not your fault but it's your problem.

Do what you can but keep focused on maintaining healthy habits and follow through with your PT and rehab.

You can look at this like a setback or you can accept it as a challenge. Look at Armstrong. He got the big C and instead of laying down and just giving up he took it as a chance to do an EXTREME CUT and reset his body.

Heal up, then build it back up better.
Good speed Braceback of Notre-Fit.

There isn't even a rehab apparently. I just do fuck all for over a year.

Nice copy pasta feg

Very sorry user. Just stick to caleshtenics. Fucking with your spine isn't worth it.

This

Everything is relative user