Will i look like an asshole if i go to the gym mainly to use the treadmill while wearing 20lb ankle weights and vest?

Will i look like an asshole if i go to the gym mainly to use the treadmill while wearing 20lb ankle weights and vest?
pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3367752
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10733058
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ya

y tho

Not like an asshole but they can fuck with your joints. It's a pretty pointless thing to do.

Aside from looking like an anime character, what is The point of wearing a weight vest? What do you acomplish?

No honey you wear what you want and when you get home mommy will have some fresh tendies and waffle fries ready for you. I'll even log into WoW and do your dailies for you.

If that is the only negative thing then i feel the benefits outweigh it by a lot.

Why do u need to ask
Obv. Ur gonna look like a retard

Endurance is an obvious one, i feel so light after wearing 5lb ankle weights to work for 7 hours, burns fat, general fitness.

Once you fuck your joints it is pretty much for life, gains aren't worth permanent damage.

Just stick to normal weight training, this isn't DBZ where you don't have wear and tear you will easily fuck your body up with sudden added weights for prolonged periods like treadmills and that.

Tendies unironically are good. Beer battered. Cool ranch, cold beer. I like waffle fries too.

pain

you are running with more weight, use your abstract thought man

allah akbar vest

But by doing so you become less efficient at running while recieving less than optimal muscle gains. Worst of both worlds. Lift and run seperately.

Fatties didnt gain 20 pounds overnight. What you're suggesting is exactly that and once you fuck your back up or something there is no magic cure to turn back time. If that's the gamble you want to take, good luck.

I probably should have mentioned that I am not looking for gains but just a good boost in my endurance and virility, and wont mind if my knees will be achey for a month.

>run without weights
>get fit

>run with weights
>get fit
>ruin joints

that's a pretty obvious choice m8

Your knees wont be "achy for a month"

Once you get an injury in a joint there is a higher probability of you being stuck with that injury for the rest of your life, as opposed to "recovering". It's not muscle fatigue, or any sort of exhertion of the flesh. It's your fucking skeleton.

you will be fucked, it's like roiders who tear sinews and pop joints because their muscle got stronger faster than sinews and joints were able to adjust to.

just trying to warn you mang

Are you trolling? You can permanently fuck up your joints and there's no tangible benefit for your conditioning

oh shut up

weighted vests are fine. you need to start off small, maybe 20lbs. then work up from there. also. running with a weighted vest is a big no no. Go for a hike with one instead.

>a month

you dense dense man

we're not talking about your knees being achey for a month. When joints suffer damage they take a lot longer to heal than muscle; depending on how long you insist on living out your autistic DBZ fantasies, you may do PERMANENT DAMAGE to your joints. Running and lifting is a great way to remain healthy into your middle and old age. Running with a weight vest is a good way to make sure your knees are already fucked by the time you're 40. do you really want to be that middle aged dude who dreads walking up a flight of stairs?

Walking is fine, running is hard to get away with unless you have perfect form. my guess is you don't.

i would advise getting some barefoot shoes and use those, learn to run properly and build up your ankies and soon you'll be running like usain bolt

I guess that's is where it ends, whether or not ankle weights will ruin your joints or not.
so lets start there,
>is it the ankle wights or weight vest that will ruin my joints?
>which joints are most at risk and with which combination of weights?
> if i wear lighter weights will the risk disappear or just be less effective.?

These questions are important too me because i feel most of Veeky Forums thinks that mostly any other exercise other than simple benching or squatting will ruin your joints.

Has any body else even tried this or know someone who has?

running with a weight vest will fuck your ankles up

walking might be okay.

only use them for walking or for adding weight to bodyweight exercises like pushups or pullups

rip knees
rip hips
rip back

Light jogging or walking on a treadmill with __lbs of weights on your______ will ruin your____ joints because_________.

Dude. Your body is used to having an ankle that weighs barely anything because it's a performance engineered piece of high tech biology.

Ankles are NOT supposed to weigh fucking 10lbs heavier than the foot. You are asking for trouble. Your balance(you know, that thing that makes running possible) will be fucked by an added 30lbs to your torso, which means your strides will be awkward and dangerous.

Don't mix distance and lifting.

Light jogging or walking on a treadmill with toilet lbs of weights on your butt will ruin your penis joints because poopy.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3367752
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10733058

see

Being fat is bad for your joints. So is artificially being fat. Don't fall for this meme, this isn't DBZ.

>1988
>aged 30-56
>self selected pace
>randomized conditions
>The results indicate that commercial claims of marked increases in energy expenditure during running with hand/ankle weights are exaggerated.

I smell juden.

will you, the doctor who conducted that study,
and
please see

Don't you cunts fucking ignore me now that some good points and questions are being raised.

bump

>good points

you mean the 50 people calling you a retard and trying to save your joints?

No i don't mean them, because they have no points other than "It will ruin your joints".

I'm not gonna play your retarded fill in the blank game, but the harm depends on where you wear the weights. The main concerns are for your ankle joints (the talocrural joint in particular) and your knee joints. This is caused by the increased impact that comes with heavier weight. To me, it seems like you're overly defensive and you continue to look for the answer you want to hear.

Just do it if it makes you feel better, sounds like you don't want to listen to people anyway so why even continue the discussion?

so basically you're gonna do it regardless of how many people tell you otherwise.
then why even ask lmao

Just increase incline to increase intensity
this is autistic and will fuck up your joints

If those are the two main concerns then all it takes is to keep a good walking posture and try to roll more than stomp with every step reducing the shock and displacement between tissue and bone.

like any other exercises you need to keep a good technique

which brings us back to
And seriously just think about it imagine what would happen to the equipment industry if everybody started simply adding weight to parts of their body.
the fist time i ever used ankle weights i was wearing only 5lbs on each, and when i got home and took them off i felt like i could flying kick somebody.

I am not leaving until someone agree's with me.

bump

>no points other than the fact that it is will definitively have a negative impact on my body

If you are a VERY experienced runner you could pull it off if you kept it light and only did it mayber once every other run
But can i ask why you're doing it?
You won't gain much noticeable endurance unless you are using 20+ lbs, at which point lifting your leg will be a struggle, and the gains in muscle you will make will be inferior to those from working out regularly?

>definitively
see

The damage won't come from the shock of walking it will come from the fact that you have 10lbs pulling downwards on your knee, which is only used to pushing weight upward

You retard, go ahead and ruin your own body. Please, feel free to pretend that you're training with King Kai. Literally dozens of people have told you not to do it, but if you want to fuck up your body long term, who are we to stop you? When you have irreparable joint damage down the line, you'll only have yourself to blame.

Yes.

No it doesn't make you look hardcore.
No it is not thinking outside the box.
No you aren't cool and special doing a special snowflake exercise.

Tl;Dr you will look like a faggot try hard.

you almost got me

were ass less leather pants instead OP

A story of a man who trainined in martial arts for over 40 years and has earned blackbelts in two different systems and have won 9 amateur heavyweight kickboxing titles, and one of his secrets was running 10 miles everyday with weights on his wrists and ankles.

I'm not looking for gains im trying to kick ass.

I allways see this shit! How is running with a weighted vest any different than running as a chuby person. When I started running i was 217 lbs now at 195 with a 3 plate squat, 2 plate pull up and 175lb ohp, so the musuclature supprting 217 was tiny by comparison (182 lbs at my smallest). If i toss on 30 lbs why the fuck would my now much better supported joints care?

see

Can you even run 10 miles without weights you fucktard?
No.
Sure being a VERY advanced runner may lessen the negative impact, but it still has less positive impact than literally anything else anyone has ever done to kick ass.
If you really want to kick ass, go to a dojo and learn to
Skill trumps strength

strength supports skill,
fucktard.

Being fat shreds your joints too, you mong. Just because you used to punch yourself in the face doesn't mean you might as well go back to it.

good lord, you think that running with weights will let you automatically beat the shit out people? hahaahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahah.
Now that my sides have returned to orbit, I'd like you to name this so called mystery man black belt kickboxing champion. Oh wait, he doesn't exist.

It's a personal meme so yeah im not going to tell you his name. but he's real.

Youre not suppose to run when youre fat because of this. Thats why people reccomended fatties to swim or elliptical. So they dont assblast their joints

Then why is Roger Gracie unstoppable?
Why is Mannie Pachman the greatest boxer of his time?
Why is McGregor the top nigga in mma?
Literally all of the greatest fighters the world has ever seen have been relatively weak, but with a perfect understanding of how to apply that strength to win.
Find ONE (1) world class fighter who says that his strength is why he wins.
You will find none
Because skill trumps strength

no its because they run with weighted vest

>Story

Fetch my cape, it's questing time

>a perfect understanding of how to apply that strength to win.
see

>Go to the gym just to use the treadmill

Yes
But they have minimal strength
Nothing that they needed to run with ankle weights for
Nothing they really even needed to lift for
Just do your pushups and go to a dojo
You'll never beat someone who knows how to fight if you don't learn yourself, even if you run with ankle weights

I literally cant tell if op is trolling any more

>mainly to use the treadmill
for $25 a month of course i will take advantage of any other equipment sometimes.

Also quit fucking cherry picking
No successful fighter credits his strength over his skill

I'm a mailman and walk like 10 miles a day with a shoulder bag weighing 10-25 pounds. Am I gonna be fucked like OP?

Okay i should clarify, im not saying weighted jogging or running will improve my punching or kicking technique (fighting skill), im saying that tricking your body into thinking it's heavier than it is will teach your body to burn your food and use your energy better.
Won't matter if you know how to falcon punch if im running circles around you.

endurance+virility>skill

Dude, I'm doing the same thing. I'm up to 40lbs and I've gotten a lot quicker on my feet.

>"Don't you cunts fucking ignore me now that some good points and questions are being raised. bump. I just want to know if people will look weird at me for wanting to pull the trigger of a shotgun that's pulling me at the face"

>"No, i don't mean those people, they have no other points that "you'll die bro, you'll blow your head up if you shoot yourself""

>go outside for free

WEIGHTED VESTS KILL MY DAD

AND THEYLL KILL YOU TOO!

Even so
There is nothing that you will benefit that you won't gain equally from much safer activities
This won't lead to you running circles around your opponent any better than sprinting regularly will
This won't increase your strength and virility any more than a more typical form of training.
And you can't run circles around anyone who knows how to properly fight
Fighting is 50% knowing how how to control yourself, 50% knowing how to control your enemy
And no amount of physical speed or strength will change that
And you can't trick your body like that, this will in no way encourage your food to burn energy or use food any better at all, hiit is the only thing that can do that.

yes

ankle weights will wreck your joints, if you want to make your runs more challenging run faster or run up a hill.