I recently started doing a routine that involves doing squats 3x a week. I was wondering...

I recently started doing a routine that involves doing squats 3x a week. I was wondering, how does Veeky Forums warm up for squats? Do you start just with the bar and work your way up until your actual set or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

warmupreps.com/
bodybuilding.com/fun/limber-11-the-only-lower-body-warm-up-youll-ever-need.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Do you start just with the bar and work your way up until your actual set or what?
Yup, best way to do it. Although now I'm squatting 3+plates, i just start with 135 out of laziness. Whatever you start with though, make sure you focus on form perfectly at lower weights so that it'll carry over at higher ones.

Doing the same. On a good day, I spend 15 minutes or so squatting body weight/doing "jump squats", lunges, some foam rolling and/or stationary bike or olyptical. just whatever to get my legs warm.

honestly most days tho I half-ass my warmup for 5 minutes, then start at 1-plate and work my way up to working weight.

also I started going to yoga classes at my LA fatness a couple times a week which has helped in general

>honestly most days tho I half-ass my warmup for 5 minutes, then start at 1-plate and work my way up to working weight.
Ye, thats what I was wondering. Say if I do sets with 100 kg, how many sets should I do with lower weights before I get to that?

Brap

warmupreps.com/

Looks great, but kind of long. What if I'm in a rush, which is most cases?

Bar x 5
Bar x 5
10kg x 5
20kg x 5
30kg x 3
35kg x 2

Then working sets

Seems manageable. Cheers.

*BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP*

>*BRAAAAAP* *BRAAAAAP*
>and now... this is to BRAP... even further beyond!!!
>hnnnggg!!!
>*stomach flexes, face contorts*
>*b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bbbrrrrrraaaa-a-a-aaa-aaa-aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA̯̩͜A̱̹͉͙͈Ạ̞̞͉A̖̯͚͍͙̘A̱͡A̱̟̼̖̥Á̩̜͍̳AAA̗A̝͇̩̪̺̱̹A͖̦͚͔̘͇͢AA̸͙͇͔̭̻A̱̗͇̳̱A̷̜̻͓̘A̦̖ͅA͎̖̳̮͕̜̟̕A̦͕͈̰Ạ̫̟̣̣̥̀A̲A̡A̱͔A̟̘͇̯͎̣͙Ả̺̼̮̝͕͊́̽A͍̥͈̦͚ͪ̓ͦ̚A̓͆̄̍ͯ̇̀͢Ȃ̩͉̀ͤ̈́̓̂͂A̲͂͑͗͗͒͐A̫͇̯̭̲͑̏̆͜Ȃ̫͛ͮǍ̗͕̱̝͖A̶̗͚͎͇̭̼͋͛̾A͓ͭ͐͂Å͔̘̗̤ͬ͋̾́ͫͩ͘A̠͑̊́̆̉̋Àͨ̅̀̇͟AA̦̩̿̑͗̓Ȁ̠̲̱͂̍̃̂̀A̷̩̽ͧͬ̑ͫ̒̈A̮̓A̼͙̱̩͋͌ͪ̏ͫ̑Ȃ̱͓͕̣̬ͅA̡̼̳͈̰̱ͩA͎̺̱̼̲̼̘ͩ̍͆A̦̙ͨȦ̘̻̯̠́ͅA̷̙̮̲̥͖͚̦ͣ͑̏ͯ̿̓̐̃̓͗̋̒̍͌͜Ą̴̛͉̪͉̗̼̖̮̝̫̳̱̰̣̙̙̋ͮͦ̿̈̂̔̀A̧͍̫̘͓͓̼̬̗̪̻̹̺̮̖̠̫̠̗ͧ̿ͬͭ͛̓̔ͩ̔͌ͬ͊ͭ͜Ȃ̧̛̠̤̖͖̠̳̪͖̺̱̳͕̬̻̥̙͇ͫ̄̔̽̓̕̕A̧̛͈͕̱͔̥͉̟͉͚̹̲̩̭ͯ̈̅̆̾͒͊͂́͡͞A̵̜͙̫͓̗̙̺̙̬̝͓̩̭͍ͭ͂̊ͪ͐͆̎ͫ͝ͅA̵̵̛̪̩̲̙̘̲̺͖͖͍̰̫̅͑̍͆̌̍ͯ̌͂́ͬ̒͒̐̀͆̅̚À̛̜̲̱̹̏̀͛ͬͯͮͣ̈͞͝͝ͅA͕̮̯͉̐ͣͣͪ͗ͧ͐ͦ̅ͪ̎̀

i squat 4.5pl8 for workset and i always warmup with

>bar
>1pl8x2x8
>1.5pl8x1x6
>2pl8x1x5
>2.5pl8x1x5
>3pl8x1x3
>3.5pl8x1x2
>4pl8x1x2
>almost 4.5pl8x1x1

then i always load up extra pl8 so 5.5pl8 in above case and just support it on my back for 5-10 seconds. i found this makes the work set weight feel light and easier.

35->100 is too big of a fucking jump. don't do it. anything under 85% of your max is basically cardio unless you do tons of reps. always go up to at least that if not even up to 90% with singles.

Mobilty/stretching/warmup then

12 @60 percent of max, going slow focus on form.
10 @70 percent little faster still focus on form
4 @ 85 percent normal speed
1 @ 95 percent

1 minute rest between, 3 minutes rest at end before working sets.

Mobility/stretching
Basicly your regular lower body stretching routine and some high kicks ik every direction.

Warm up sets
Bar x 5-20
60 x10
100 x5-6
120 3-5x10 for work sets

butsex

I started going to gym not too long ago and now I'm doing this workout routine with 3x squats a week too.
Pic related are the shoes I bought. I had no idea about anything and just got random sports shoes before starting. Now I hear that you need flat shoes to lift with the bar.
Am I ok with these, I'm not lifting heavy yet, I'm pretty much in baby mode atm

Squats 3x a week will help your legs. And nothing else will grow. Trust me.

Make time. This is part of the workout.

1x5 no bar
1x5 bar
3x5 25% target weight
1x5 50% target weight
1x5 75& target weight

You might as well tie pillows to your feet.

bodybuilding.com/fun/limber-11-the-only-lower-body-warm-up-youll-ever-need.html
In addition to warm up sets.

Doing a series of warm up stretches as in link above will help improve and maintain your mobility beyond what straight warm up sets can do, and you need warm up sets in addition to prepare for your working weight.

Start with the bar and increase up to your work set. Should take up to 5 warm up sets, give or take, depending on how heavy your work set is.
Heavier work set = more warm up sets. Eg, if you can barely OHP more than the bar, then the only warm up you really need is one, maybe two sets with the bar, then straight onto your work sets with a bit of weight. Any more warm up sets than that, and you're just fatiguing yourself.

You shouldn't really need any rest between warm up sets, especially as a beginner, except maybe a minute on the last couple. So if you need more rest than that, you likely either have too many warm up sets with tiny increments and are wearing yourself out prematurely, or you have to few warm up sets with increments that are too large to keep up with.