When people ask me what my hobbies are besides working out

Why exactly do I have to have any? Of course theirs are always "adventuring" or some other intangible bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHM6HtPuVxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

frogposting
sucking dicks
being a huge fag

shopping

>adventuring
this is a new meme, yes?

where did it come from?

tell then you spend most of your waking hours on an homoerotic nazi fitness forum. that probably sounds better than hiking

Because working out has become so common you might as well say that you brush your teeth

I dated a girl who liked "adventuring" for 4 years. She bitched about the heat constantly, said skydiving was "ok" because the scenery was boring ( I shit you not ), didn't like swimming at the beach, didn't like rock climbing. I could go on. People who say they like to adventure want to seem lolspontaneous but can't commit to one thing to be good at and do often enough to become knowledgeable.

It's really not though. I mean people do half assed shit. But most aren't serious about it

Tons of people buy neon stretchy athletic get ups and say they go to the gym, but that's why after a few years you find a powerlifting gym, oly gym, or something specialized, because you want to constantly improve, it's the only way to move on, and away from people who "work out". When I visit my local golds after not going for a year, and people have made no progress and still go... do you want to be around these casual fucks who don't love the feel of chalk and the sound of barbells hitting the ground?

Hunting, fishing, shooting, ultimate frisbee, four-wheeling

So instead of saying "working out" say you "train powerlifting/oly/bodybuilding" or whatever specific training you do

But our hobby is awesome we have conventions and expos. your hobby is fitness and it's awesome.

Piano. I really don't give a shit what people think about it but I really enjoy it.

I like to listen to frank Sinatra songs and dream of singing in 1950s and 60s New York restaurants

>people talk about hobbies
>all they really do is just go out and do some random shit then come home and post on fb, watch youtube or watch tv

hobbies my ass

I think most people respect piano players. It's a cool thing to be able to do.

It came from boring girls on Tinder and the internet in general.

Take up hiking for real, and then when other people go "oh yeah I love to hike" aggressively engage them to meet you for an actual hike. Then walk them until they drop.

Protip: of the people who say they like to hike, 1% actually do any substantial amounts of hiking.

netflix, hiking, jerking off

videogames
masturbating violently
Veeky Forums

final fantasy and kingdom hearts!

I see

I'd never heard it listed as a hobby until recently, seems it has become a "thing"

reading, watching movies, occasionally writing, occasionally drawing nothing special, but what are truly special hobbies?

kek. Have you actually done this multiple times?

>i build elaborate fantasy/scifi worlds in my head, spanning multiple decades and even millennnia, always having multiple worlds i can "jump" to and always with me at the center of attention
>related to that i also participate in Veeky Forums jumpchains or CYOAs

makes the girls fucking wet

adventuring is obviously code for getting drunk on the weekends and suck a stranger's cock

The observer

i don't want to leave or time-travel-fuck up my current life, but watching what happens to humanity will be fun

Adventuring sounds like some nebulous bullshit. Make your bullshit specific, it's more fun. Tell them you love long-distance pissing, dropping acid at funerals, and impregnating nuns.

i paint and once in a blue moon play warhammer, also club rugby

>adventuring
What is this?

it's what normie fucks say when they don't do anything interesting
it means they occasionally go on walks around their city - possibly down streets they haven't been down before!!
they occasionally go on trips to other cities and/or countries. you know, holidays

tinderslut told me she loves extreme sports ... went sandbuddying in vegas three years ago. their bullshit is out of control

either they're just curious if you do anything else, because they can't contribute or engage with the topic of working out or
it's a neg

i like bouldering, playing instruments, trekking, amateur photography, foreign language

i usually mention only the ones most relevant to the person so we can bond over them, but if they list adventuring, reading books, listening to music and says they like fitness because they run a mile a week I lay it all on them

Just fucking lie. Most people lie about their hobbies just to seem more interesting

>I like to read [read 2 books last year], play guitar [dick around on it once a month, only know 3 chords], hike [walked up a small hill once], listen to music [top 40]

fuck you man

You don't need more than one hobby. You can, and it will enrich your life, but you're taking fitness more seriously than them because it interests you more. That's fine.

I would laughingly defend it and explain that it gets pretty interesting when you study the science behind it. Could start a new conversation. You might also find a new workout buddy. You're welcome.

Hey, she could still love it.

Huntin', fishin', lovin' everyday

if you love something you do it more than once every three years. it's not even like she had some high powered career that would keep her really busy. some tourist shit you did on holiday one time is not a hobby

I meant sandbuggying

I used to love hiking. But there's not much hiking to do in Florida :(

The explorer sounds like the only fun option

Learn the art of massage.

If you're legit, her reply will be some form of asking you to rub all over her exposed body.

And that's a pretty good next step.

The new "traveling" for sluts' tinder profile.

tell them your hobby is geoplitics
if the ask specifics you just regurgitate something you read on /pol

Theyre trying to see if theres anything else interesting about you that they can connect with. Honestly if you didnt have any hobbies besides working out i would think you were hella boring and drop you real quick.

I tell people i like playing video games, playing board games, and knitting

If you workout for a reason people usually buy it. If you compete in bodybuilding or powerlifting, people appreciate it as a worthwhile hobby.

My other hobbies are reading, playing board games and recreational driving.

Also, fuck girls who say they "go on adventures", it's fucking dumb.

This is so devilish and so true.

I find it depends on where you live. My region is a small capital city (about 200,000 people) on a sparsely populated island with vast coastal wilderness. If you're not a raging alcoholic/partier or a stupid Tumblr basement drug user skid you're likely to be at least somewhat athletic, and there are hundreds of kilometres of great hiking trails within an hour's drive of town, so plenty of people actually hike here.

can I link them to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=BHM6HtPuVxs

>Honestly if you didnt have any hobbies besides working out i would think you were hella boring and drop you real quick.
>I tell people i like playing video games, playing board games, and knitting

Lots of people play musical instruments it's hardly a thing that's only just gotten popular

millennials got into traveling

we all can dream

hey ive also got a daydream multiverse going on!

>recreational driving
real human bean over here

It's good to have varied interests

For example, I have a 4 day split for my workout, and I Powerlift as well (though I'm not very competitive, I like the experience)

For my hobbies, I would say I do the following:
>DM for my friends for DnD (5e) on mondays
>do some house maintenance/repair work
>play the L5R CCG (GenCon can't come fast enough)
>work on my car to get it looking nicer/some minor repairs when I need to
>work on my lawn

I think that makes me a more rounded individual overall

chores are not hobbies

I mean they're only chores if you treat them like chores

I also want to start a beehive in my back yard. I think it would be pretty neat

>besides working out

It means that you should have non-hobbies like shopping, trips, being outside

Don't take it too seriously. They don't either.

>where did it come from?
People like going "on adventures" (read: travel) these days. TV and Tinder sluts pushed it so far it became a norm. Do you have social network accounts? Yes? Better have pics of all the places you've been to lately, user.

Nice goal, user. I also want a beehive in the future when I can and if I have the possibility.

a buddy of mine had bees for a while, good work and very enjoyable to help him out with them. may they rest in peace

>Protip: of the people who say they like to hike, 1% actually do any substantial amounts of hiking.
What's a substantial amount? I sometimes go on hikes from 12 to 20km
I don't do it as often as I'd like though, despite enjoying it a lot

Depending on your state, you might get some money from the government to help get you started. I know my state (Virginia) there's a grant fund you can draw from with state approval. Probably going to start next spring. I'm putting my application for the local PD this weekend, and if I get hired on I won't have time between the academy and my other responsibilities to get it going right. But by this time next year I should be on cruise control with my career

A lot of people are dropping beekeeping so you can buy something already set up

>Not becoming a serial rapist with "new game"

these days im making my primary hobby music making outside of lifting......something creative to do

> my hobbies are adventuring, tea, netflix, reading, wine, and pizza XDDDDDDD