Anger issues

Anyone else struggle with this shit?

>be me
>always the weakest kid in school
>get mocked and bullied often
>would probably get my ass kicked if I tried to react
>anger problems start
>have no outlet for it
>would just go home, picture the people who tease me and then punch the air and run out of breath like a faggot
>be me now
>27
>years of lifting and MA
>usually the biggest dude around
>always get confrontational when I feel disrespected, which is all the time
>start getting into arguments often
>had to stop drinking because I was afraid I'd get into fights
>developed a reputation for short fuse
>people walk on eggshells when I'm around

Usually I don't go physical, I'm not a child. But I always, always confront people when I feel like they're fucking with me. I've tried not to before, but then that shit just won't leave my head and I'll be later punching the air in the shower like a retard again to vent off the frustration. I was thinking about going to a shrink, because recent events lead me to believe it might be getting out of control a bit.

I know this isn't strictly Veeky Forums, but I think this might be the one place where people who were fucked with growing up and then became strong enough to fight back browse.

I struggled with anger issues as a kid and my dad currently does. Honestly I think professional help would be great. It's never good to have that kind of reputation and getting help from a professional is the best way for you to help yourself.

embrace the dark side, just make sure to get into fights with multiple people at once so it looks like 'self defence'

nothing gets you more pussy and respect than beating 3 guys at once to a bloody pulp

I'm you except I never got big. Imagine all the anger and still no strength to do anything to assholes that fuck with you.

Idk how to advise you because I still wanna get big and just fuck some asshole up lmao.

Not sure how this is Veeky Forums related but I'll make it Veeky Forums related. Go do some cardio when you're pissed.

Well, I was small and angry for 23 years so I don't have to imagine.

And I also used to think about beating guys up all the time, but once you actually get strong enough to do it you just have to change your tone and people start apologizing. Feels almost as good as any Scorsese-type beatdown I've fantasized about throughout the years.

Here's how to stop being angry. Get over yourself. Seriously, stop being so self absorbed. Sooner or later, everyone is gonna get sick of your shit and hang out with people who are fun, instead of you who loves being a lonley angry cunt.

Mindful meditation. It strengthens your frontal lobe, so you'll have an easier time thinking clearly when you are clouded with rage

You're right, but I can't. It's like trying to change your personality. I was shaped by a constant feeling of impotent anger and frustration, and now that I can do something about it, it's like my brain won't let me go through this sensation again.

I mean, I do overreact all the time, but I think that's what bullying does to you. Deep down I expect every friendly banter to be a prelude to something worse, even if it's not. In retrospective I can feel like a dick, but in the moment I lose myself to the impulse of fighting back before it escalates.

Obviously there's also an ego thing and yes I do like to have arguments and yes I do like when someone I despise gives me an excuse to threaten them. But that's just the outward reflection of some deeper issues I think.

I deal with similar shit all the time. Make them feel like their comment is a pathetic joke in some way. If you can't think of anything to say then laughing, smirking or something along those lines might work to get them to fuck off. Let them know that you're not impressed and that that's all there is to it.

Literally used to ignore people who bullied me when I was younger and therefore always got picked on

Now if anyone fucks with me I actually confront them but pretty much noone has
I think it's like a sub conscious vibe you give out to those obnoxious cunts that you're not going to let them fuck with you and so they simply don't

Maybe it's because im just getting older and people are slightly more mature than in my highschool days

Experience ego death and you will be reborn

Dont know if your issues are caused by getting fucked with as a kid. Same as you, got bullied for being turbodyel (you have no idea). Now still dyel but impressive to normies. Dont get fucked with anymorr, and i leave it at that. I dont want to beat anyone up for disrespecting me, im just glad it rarely happens anymore. Sorry for not being any help. Just wanted to point out that the cause might be not what you think it is, and hopefully knowing that will get you closer to your answer

Associates degree in Psychology here, on the pursuit of getting my Bachelors.

From what I can tell from your description is that you have anger problems because of your passed experiences.
>>getting disrescpected
I dont know exacxtly how your getting disrespected but from numerious case studies of people with anger issues they resort to what you say "being disrespect". However in reality they arnt.
For example you go to a fast food place
you order your food
then they ask you if you want some cake on the side. Instead of just saying no thank you, you would think they are "disrespecting" by assuming you are a fat ass that wants some cake.
You were bullied and abused as a kid and now cant trust anyone at all because you think everyone is out to get you.
You need to learn that those were just some dumb teenagers trying to display there dominance over you. You are now an adult and those same people that once bullied you most likely are no longer that way. If you continue on with this path you will hurt your self and worse others which will result in jail time.

Try to relax and release your anger on some other things
do a hobby
listen to music (my personal faviorte)
watch a movie

You're a beta male cuck and should just kys desu senpai

It's called insecurity. I imagine that even if someone compliments you for real, you'll still find a way to believe that he/she is trying to mock you.

It just depends where you focus your anger.

It is only a problem if you start to see people disrespecting you in your close circle, but getting angry with people inside the corporate system actually makes the world a better place.

For example: bank workers, telephone company workers, big store workers, airline workers... Every single one of them is a mercenary by default and giving them shit if the policies of the place they work are abusive is the way to go.

I was the smallest and weakest guy in class and got bullied too so I know thast feeling of impotent anger. But after 1 and a half year I stood up for myself. Because I got myself convinced that I didn't deserve to be put into this situation.

You're the bullie now user, you're the guy walking over other people for no reason. You're making them feel weak.

Are you a fighter? Are you a protector? Are you planning on moving to Japan and becoming a game developer?

its very sporadic, and i usually keep things under control, but every now and then, maybe once a year, i fucking explode when a situation is particularly stressful, usually has to do with family being pieces of shit, and it inevitably leads to screaming matches and busted drywall.
its weird, because i've been in situations where i've been punched in the head outside a bar and stayed calm and talked the situation down but cant keep things calm when it comes to familial fuckery.

Let me tell you something.

I have anger issues that most likely stem from my abusive father, which is also what caused my hyperflinch, which caused me to get bullied severely. Like getting beaten up on the daily severely. However around year 10, people started doing it a lot more and my flinch started to calm down (although I still had it), and all my life I've had anger issues, I'd punch walls, myself, I'd shout like a fucking dragon, threaten so much shit etc...

Anyway after it calmed down (because I was already a big guy, 6'2" not lanky, not fat, but stronk) I started taking action, and taking out my anger issues on them because I was no longer fearful of my flinch. It is still there and it is still very abnormal for normies but it became better and let me push through and beat the shit out of my bullies.

After that I started hanging out with them and became part of the "cool" gang, which incidentally lead to more people respecting me and treading lightly around me. One of the best moments in my life was when I pushed one of them over the wall we were sitting on and smoking weed at and my phone fell out of my trackies and he lobbed it onto the road (it had a case so it was fine).

I went to it and checked if it was cracked and told him to "come over here for a minute" and this dude shit himself, made me feel well good. Girls started respecting and mirin me more after that, it was good.

I'm not the same but I occasionally think like OP and have insecurities from when I was bullied in primary school.

I have a hard time trusting people, eg. I wanted to go talk to therapist about feeling unwelcome in a town I was studying in but had the thoughts that the therapist wouldn't want me there as well so I never went.

I do martial arts, helps alot

Sometimes, when I'm really pissed, I'll just run down to the gym and hit a punching bag for 3 hours

What is an associate's degree?

it's like half of a bachelor's, generally for a transfer program
basically, user has been in school for about 2 years and is swinging his intellectual dick around like he has an actual degree

Ok so nothing of value.
Especially for psychology. Here after your master you have to do a clinical program which lasts 3 years and then you can open your own practice.

>Usually I don't go physical, I'm not a child
>I'm not a child

Constantly acts like a child...you were a pussy and now are a big pussy, time to grow up.

My main problem is not voicing my anger at the time. I let it build up in me over time until something pushes me over the age and I explode

What MA did you do?

OP here's what you do.

Find a group/clan of nerds who play loads of online games and get into their social circle.
Start talking to them via teamspeak/skype/discord. In such groups there's usually a lot of mockery and insecurities.
People constantly make fun of eachother for laughs. Get into such a group, get exposed to the mockery, mock them back, until you feel comfortable with it.
If i wasn't part of such a group, i'd probably be just like you OP.

Get those mental gains bro, the body is just a conduit for the spirit.

"Be like a rocky promontory against which the restless surf continually pounds; it stands fast while the churning sea is lulled to sleep at its feet. I hear you say, "How unlucky that this should happen to me!" Not at all! Say instead, "How lucky that I am not broken by what has happened and am not afraid of what is about to happen. The same blow might have struck anyone, but not many would have absorbed it without capitulation or complaint"

- Aurelius, Meditations

This.

Had mad anger issues as a kid/teen. Used to have a hairpin trigger, got kicked out a school for violent behaviour, almost got kicked out of a second, but they decided to send me to an education center specializing in troubled kids.
Learned about something called Rock and Water there,you can google it yourself, but at it's core its about relaxation, meditation and the self confidence to never have to prove yourself because you know your own worth.

It has literally changed my life, since then, which was something like ten years ago at this point, there have been three times I've felt genuine anger and acted on it, two of them were heavily influenced by alcohol.

Don't know if it will be your magic solution like it was mine, but hey, it's worth looking into.

damn i got over being bullied by the time i was 25. you gotta let it go. i know that's easier said than done, but you gotta try.