Any Martial arts that are actually effective in a fight ?

Any Martial arts that are actually effective in a fight ?

Boxing, some sort of grappling maybe? (not that you'd want to be on the ground in a fight outside)

Maybe easier to just carry pepperspray/knife/baton/gun though

Rex Kwan do

Gun fu.

quickdraw-fu

Boxing/kickboxing/muay thai/mma

Do martial arts because it's fun, not because it's effective in a fight.
Freestyle and greco roman wrestling will make you beast. But it's a long way.
Same is judo, very technical.
Boxing is simpler and very effective.
Kickboxing is also good. Muay thai same as kickboxing but worse with punching.
Kyukushin is almost as good as kickboxing but can give you bad reflexes in head defending.
Sambo can be better than judo but I don't think you can find good coach.
Don't do MMA without base in striking or grappling, without good base it is all and nothing.

Striking: boxing or muay thai
Grappling: wrestling or bjj

For all of you saying "gun hurr durr" he said martial art. I doubt most of you carry 24/7, and honestly most situations you are not realistically going to carry a loaded weapon, especially when most likely the greatest threat to you ever might be a small physical confrontation, not one you could pull a gun on. I'm pro 2nd amendment but I am also realistic.

Do a martial art, make friends, get better balance and cardio, and be able to defend yourself weapon or no weapon. It'll also give you some real confidence knowing you have the knowledge and experience to drop 90+% of the people you meet.

Oh look, another "martial art useful irl" thread
There's been shitload of discussions here about that. Stop creating these threads everyday

lots of martial arts are effective and would work in a street fight.

what it comes down to is the person who is executing them. if you're just some practitioner that doesn't really take his training that seriously, odds are, your boxing, jiu jitsu, or whatever, won't be all that effective.

the people who truly get good are martial arts are the people who compete and compete regularly, because competing in a martial art is as close to a street fight as you'll ever get. everything is the same except there is a ref. Your adrenaline will go crazy, you'll feel physical sick to your stomach knowing you're about to go out and fight in front of people, and there is a chance you could get seriously hurt.

these kids that train for a few months in boxing or kickboxing or judo or jiu jitsu and then think they could handle themselves in a fight are delusion. You have to put tons of hard work into it just like anything else if you want to see results.

ameridote

this

this...

Jujitsu.

Cross train Judo, JJJ.

Need help managing schedule.

this!

Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit

Perfect

Boxing/MT/kyokushin+judo/wrestling/bjj

Almost everything else is meme tier

most certainly yes

basically this desu

Came here to post this.

If you're trained properly, the system is supposd to teach you discipline so you can focus under pressure, and condition your body for fighting, on top of techniques for application.

But a lot of authenticity has been lost over the years. Bruce Lee wrote about it in the 60s, so that should tell you how long the watering down has been going on. There have always been frauds, but since martial arts systems were relatively unknown in the west, so it gave a lot of frauds an opportunity to exploit the situation.

cardio and conceal carry if usfag or mace if eupoor

>Do martial arts because it's fun, not because it's effective in a fight.
So much this.

Honestly if I were to choose one, Muay Thai would be the most "practical"

Got a "degree" in sports "science" and physical conditioning.

We did a year each of Boxing, Kickboxing, Judo and Greek Wrestling. Also Rhythmical Gymnastics and Dance.

I still think my favourite option in a fight would be laying down a sick choreography and slipping away while everyone is wtfing.

But seriously, Boxing + Judo is a great combination. Kickboxing and Wrestling are not nearly as useful.

What the hell is ameridote, is it a meme or does it actually work?

Yes its the most powerful and potent street martial art ever concieved by man, i heard someone managed to kill a lion with nothing but his fists and ameridote.

sound like some bullshit that you'd see in steven seagull movie

It is the best of all, worst of none.

Kickbox/thaibox or box, everything else is a meme.

Taking out your gun

Fujitsu

Grappling isn't totally for the ground even though bjj in America is trained that way. You can almost always run from a fight until the person grabs you. If you know some grappling, are used to guys trying to choke you out, throw you down, etc. You're going to fair better in a fight. You're gonna get your ass kicked if there's more than one.

Striking is for staying mobile, multiple attackers, cobra kai type shit.

I would just do a bjj class and pay attention to the takedowns. They all do some standup stuff, but you usually spar from your knees, so you don't get to practice it in class much.

After that, do some boxing, or just move on to an mma gym.

I only say start bjj first because you get more sparring time earlier. One of the most important things to do in combat training is to get used to getting hit and manhandled. That way it's not such a shock if you get in a real fight.

>bjj and "pay attention to the takedowns"
>not judo or wrestling

Kek

Seriously. Judo and wrestling need to be learned if you want to take someone down. I've never been to a BJJ gym where the practitioners were gifted from their feet unless they trained wrestling and judo separately.