I think rowing machine is the best warmup exercise

I think rowing machine is the best warmup exercise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfnAhEAa_T8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rowing is the best. if there was only one exercise i could do, it would be rowing.

Yeah, it's the best. Legs, back, shoulders and arms are moving, so everything gets warmed up. I usually try to stay at 150W for 10 minutes.

Btw there is only one good rowing machine and it's the concept2. The one in your picture is shit

This guy gets it.

Post times.

1:22.9 500m
6:48 2000m

Doing lots of volume to work on getting my 2k down

I've been doing twenty-five minutes on the rowing machine at the end of all of my workouts. I don't really have a rationale behind it, but I just like to finish with a pretty intense burst of rowing. Fucking love that shit.

Nice, I just started this past week as a warmup. I had way more flexibility for DL and squats compared to when I run. I'll try a goal next time, though. I usually just go for 5min and concentrate on form.

How the fuck is your 500m so low? When I give it my all the lowest I can get it to is 1.38

I do barbell rows. Thoughts?

>1:22.9 500m
That's pretty fucking strong
>6:48 2000m
That's definitely alright but....

>1:23.7 500m
>6:15.8 2000m

This was ages ago when I was rowing as a sport.

As a warmup?

same, shit feels great but especially great after back day.

>6:15.8 2000m
Gadamn

>tfw you're the only one in your gym who rows correctly

Everyone does it painfully incorrect. I just want to get my 2k less than 7:28. I got endurance problems and give out at around 1300m

and what is the correct row form?

I love rowing machines, Im a pleb lifter and I do full body 3 times a week but still sometimes randomly I go on days off just to row for 30-60 mins

he probably means that people pull the chain with their backs curved instead of back straight

youtube.com/watch?v=sfnAhEAa_T8

this guy doesn't have a straight back. is he rowing wrong?

we need to tell us the correct form since he was competing in it

Not even. I'm talking about people pulling the chain first, then pushing with legs, then raising the chain above shoulder level, then going back and repeating. Shit like this is common in my gym
Generally you wanna push out with legs first, pull in the chain then reverse the motion all with a straight back and elbows tucked in. Lean back a bit when you pull and push from your heels

Lurking.

holy shit I do 2000m everyday for past year and a half and I am still at 7:30 best

And you would be right.

That's impressive for both. What's your routine? Any advised stretching or lifts?

>Just started rowing for my school's team.

Depends on the rowing machine

I had access to a water one that was awesome. The one I have access now is an air model and it feels extremely light, maybe the magnets that add resistance are busted, if it had resistance levels to begin with. And the dimensions also feel weird. I just can't use it without feeling discomfort