Why are history spergs so obsessed with Imperial Germany? Kaiserreich is the biggest example of this...

Why are history spergs so obsessed with Imperial Germany? Kaiserreich is the biggest example of this, but you can find Prussia-wankery in every corner of the internet where history is discussed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorlice–Tarnów_Offensive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Retreat_(Russian)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think it is edgy rather a rising star type of appeal

they're occult

They're very interesting country and their short period of existence (as the 2nd Reich) had such a massive impact on history, and the fact it took on almost half the world practically single-handed and came close to winning

Prussia is autistic. Autistic people like autistic things.

Because the rise of the Prussian state from literally who to continental hegemon in little more than 100 years is fascinating.

>Did something normal countries did 500 years ago
OH! SO GREAT AND FASCINATING!

>and the fact it took on almost half the world practically single-handed and came close to winning

You almost completed an entire post without delusional fanwanking.

Congrats

Because liking Nazis is not edgy enough nowadays.

Example pls

>came close

Their fate was sealed the second the Schlieffen Plan failed to capture Paris.

except they did

English Unification. 100 years war. Russian unification.

>Kaiserreich is more edgy than Nazi Germany
Ok retard

no, their fate was sealed when the US joined the war

People like to imagine themselves as Prussian aristocrats, when really they would probably have been a coal miner or lederhosen repairman.

Yeah. If we ignore the mass starvation, mutiny in the military and economic collapse brewing. The US intervention ironically probably saved more German lives.

>and the fact it took on almost half the world practically single-handed and came close to winning
>Practically single-handed
>4 allied empires against 3 hostile empires (1 of which collapses in the middle of war)

t./pol/

Bulgaria was never an actual empire and the Ottomans along with Austria-Hungary were poor pathetic excuses of empires by 1914, they needed all the help they could get from Germany to keep most of their fronts from collapsing

If you count the Bulgarian """"Empire"""" then you should also count Romania, Serbia, Greece, Belgium, Thailand, Portugal, etc. on the allied side.

Germany, Austria, Ottomans and Italy.

Imperial Germany has the best army in 1914

>Italy

Italy join the Allies lad. But I would argue that the Central powers not getting more allies comes down to invading neutral nations and starting the conflict.

>English Unification
Can't see England as a major power throughout the continent shortly after 927

>100 years war
Are you talking about France? France was a major power before and after.

>Russian unification
Honestly, I don't know the mechanics of this process.

Noone's fault the Germs can't manage their coalition.

>rose quickly to become the (arguably) nr2 great power within 30 years
>snazzy uniforms n shiet
>powerhouse of industrialization
>represent a sort of "golden past" to the "dystopian present" of ww2

>Envy: The Thread

>fancy uniforms meme
>being a part of something bigger than yourself meme
>born in the wrong era meme
>aristocracy is necessary meme
>i wouldn't have gotten rejected by Staceys left and right back then meme

basically Veeky Forums: the era

>France was a major power before and after. So was Prussia. A major power since wars of religion, if not before that.
>Honestly, I don't know the mechanics of this process.
The outcome, at least, is evident. (although the ascent of Moscow was much more sudden than that of Prussia)

>and came close to winning
By 1916 Germany was straight up fucked. Her economy was in shambles and this lead to an absolute mess both in the home front for civilians, industrial workers and the war effort due to coal and food shortages, hell, just resource shortages in general (Germans mobilized coal miners and were then baffled as to why they're suffering coal shortages so they started sending coal miners back to labour while threatening to send them back to the front lines if they slack off, genius). Turnip winter, worker strikes, constant decrease in productivity, almost no one to trade with, average caloric intake dropping from 3,000 a day to 1,000 for the average German citizen, crime rate for youth doubling, just a fucking mess. Also German autism basically demanding to double productivity of war materials when there's not even enough coal for the fucking locomotives, not to mention the whole time scheduling of the locomotives was messed up with them almost never being on time. German delusion of Ludendorff still thinking they could win a war of attrition by pulling a decisive blow and forcing the entente to sue for peace in 1918, yes, they were still in the belief that they could get favourable negotiations in 1918.

except they beat Russia in 1917

Now how are you going to beat the industrial might of the West which can easily win the war of attrition over you and the German people are expecting a swift victory rather than another meatrginder? The German economy was employing women in industries by now and they wanted to mobilize every young male from ages 17-65 by the time Russia was defeated

I think that before Friedrich Wilhelm I. Brandenbrug/Preußen can be considered as more than a regional power, whereas France was definetly a major power before the 100 years war (see Avignon papacy)

Scratch that the German people were straight up just asking for peace, there were peace demonstrations and I recall the largest worker strike with somewhere 200,000 workers going on strike simultaneously (I'll double check in a moment), not very fun for the war effort now innit?

*I do not think that before...

Actually once American troops arrived at the front

Mutinies weren't a serious problem in 17, the Kartoffelwinter was over and economic problems aren't threatening if you win the war before the collapse.

Because Americans like to glorify their enemies and antagonize allies (to make them feel better about themselves - we won the war against the great enemy, and we did it basically alone!)
Them you have lack of identity and that they like to thing they are/were part of something great.
Add 2+2 and it comes to larping as everything they think has anything to do with Germany
>muh German army best in the world
>muh Prussian army best in the world
>muh Swedish army best in the world
>muh Teutonic order best knights in the world
>muh vikings best warriors in the world

They're edgy enough to be cool, but not shitty enough to be nazis. There's also some nostalgia and esoterism in democratic citizens for the time when their countries were autocracies.

Yeah sems like it was 200,000 workers:
>the reduction of bread ration, including that for heavy manual workers, in april 1917 contributed decisively to the eruption of the April strikes, in which Berlin alone some 200,000 workers in about 300 enterprises (particularly munitions factories) took part.

I think a much more pertinent question, is why does Germany make Veeky Forums so insecure that multiply thread daily for years on end are dedicated to attacking it?

Will Germany ever go back to being a monarchy or is it straight to being a caliphate?

I'm sure monarchs are far more preferable to the nazis anyways.

/int/ crossboarders

You are just biased. Every country is memed, and your precious Germany is not the exception.

>lederhosen repairman

this triggers the Bayerischer

not every country, Denmark and Norway aren't memed altough those countries are so fucking insignifficant and worthless there is nothing to even meme about, Switzerland isn't memed because the country is flawless and neither is Netherlands

Let's be real, the Russians beat themselves.

Not at all.

In 1915, Russia suffered a devastating defeat during the Gorlice-Tarnow offensive and the following retreat. Normally, that would have been the point where talks about a separate peace in the East would have started.

If that would have happened - and ultimately it probably would have been the wiser choice for the Tsar and his family - then it's more than questionable whether France and the British Empire would have kept fighting. Peace with favourable terms for Germany would have been the outcome.

>Implying Kaiserreich isn't cleverly disguised commie propaganda.

Russia was pretty badly beaten in 1915 already. And technically, Lenin was a German agent that was recruited by an agent of the Social Democratic Party of Germany, Israil Helphand. They mobilised him for the specific reason of inciting revolution, providing him with an armoured train, millions of Reichsmark in gold, etc.

No, Russia was NOT beaten until Krauts send Lenin and started Revolution in 1917. As allways, kraut niggers were incapable of winning war on fair terms, so they had to cheat.

>rose quickly to become the (arguably) nr2 great power within 30 years

Fucking what? Prussia was fucking nobody on the world stage until 1870, when they luckied out in their war against France, and unified Germany.

>powerhouse of industrialization

Uhmm..no? It was UK which started the whole industralization process. Krautniggers literally copied/stole English technology, and by 1900's their enginnering was still vastly inferior to English.

Shut the fuck up, you krautaboo. Austro Hungary and Ottoman Empires were HUGE fucking factors in WW1. It wasn't ''muh world against Germoneeey'' you dumb autistic fucktard. Both sides were fucking equal. Stupid fucking piece of shit.

I don't even know why the German Empire is so wanked over. For their entire existence they did nothing of importance after being unified and before starting World War I, in that period of 44 years. And then the first war they fight, they lose so badly they cease to exist. I can kind of understand fanboying over Prussia, since they btfo France, Austria, Denmark, etc, but not Germany.

Cool borders

There's a country that did that too, and actually won, but I don't see spergs wank over it

This
This was a true shot in the arm for Germany. If they had just held on a little longer they might have been able to use the newly gained territory and puppets to feed their people and arm themselves.

>hey might have been able to use the newly gained territory and puppets to feed their people and arm themselves.
They already tried that, all this did was burden German railroad systems even harder and had they increased exploitation, you would've had civil revolts there

Russia received horrendous losses.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorlice–Tarnów_Offensive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Retreat_(Russian)

The Germans themselves were completely surprised by their victories, since they actually considered Russia to be the stronger opponent than France (which is why they initially focussed on France).
In fact, Germany went into WW2 with the confidence of being able to beat Russia BECAUSE they were so successful in WW1.

I like HRE quite more than Reich 2nd take or Prussia

At least for HRE I'd say it's to escape a bit from getting flooded with French and English medieval material that everyone knows about

Do they have opposite uniforms on?

>BECAUSE they were so successful in WW1
[Citation needed],

Did you not see the links I posted? Does that not look like a crushing defeat to you?

No, that was not even close to total defeat. Russian Empire had a population of 160 million, and still had fucking millions of troops more to vanquish Kraut invaders.

But then, the fucking revolution (backed by Krauts) happened.

>that was not even close to total defeat
You are a fucking retard, the revolution happened partially because the russians were getting fucking raped. There was literally no way they could have recovered, even IF they could have raised those remaining men they wouldn't have had the supplies to equip them.

How many more do you think were willing to die? This was not WW2. The revolution could only happen because the Tsar demanded the impossible from his people.

They had much more resources than Krautniggers, you dumb fuck. And Russia did not lost even 10% of its army. Fucking imbecille. Like the other user said: Krautniggers were finished by 1916, their country literally starving and out of resources. They were close to LOSING on the eastern front, and then they deployed Lenin, a German agent.

Fucking face the fact, that Slavs were ALLWAYS superior soliders to krautniggers. And WW2 only confirmed that.

No, the revolution happened because Krautniggers infested Russia with communist kikes. Oh, and communism was german invention by the way.

>This was not WW2.
This is particularly important in this context: a defeat did not necessarily mean that the other side would get eradicated, occupied. Certainly, it would have been expensive for Russia in terms of losing territory from her Imperial sphere but it would not have been the end. Not to mention that it was in Germany's utmost interest to get Russia out of the war which would have been a bargaining chip.

No that's not what I meant, I meant as in WW1 was what motivated the Germans that they would BTFO them in WW2, can you provide an actual source for this claim? The understanding I have is that the USSR's fuck up in the winter war gave the idea that the USSR's army was a mess and Hitler ought to use the opportunity to crush them while they're disorganised. Also keep in mind Russia managed to mount one of the largest offensives in 1916 and knocked out austria-hungary out of the war basically, forcing Germany to send troops from Verdun to the East, so those defeats are crushing, yes, but Russia could still put up a fight.

HAHAHAH XD This!

At this point I am convinced that you are a false-flag from /pol/.

>they were close to LOSING on the eastern front
They were close to losing in fucking 1917? What the FUCK are you talking about? They were nowhere near close to losing in 1916. And even if they fucking where, most of their losses were suffered on the western front, not the eastern front against the retarded russians. They were getting their asses kicked way before the revolution started.

Not to mention polish uprising was already in progress, and with krautniggers getting slaughtered on the western front, their plans for Eastern colonization were ruined.

>brusilov offensive
You're forgetting the part where the brusilov offensive was part of a much larger russian campaign that ultimately ended in failure.

Spoiler: Napoleon lost.

>By 1916 Germany was straight up fucked. Her economy was in shambles and this lead to an absolute mess both in the home front for civilians, industrial workers and the war effort due to coal and food shortages, hell, just resource shortages in general (Germans mobilized coal miners and were then baffled as to why they're suffering coal shortages so they started sending coal miners back to labour while threatening to send them back to the front lines if they slack off, genius). Turnip winter, worker strikes, constant decrease in productivity, almost no one to trade with, average caloric intake dropping from 3,000 a day to 1,000 for the average German citizen, crime rate for youth doubling, just a fucking mess. Also German autism basically demanding to double productivity of war materials when there's not even enough coal for the fucking locomotives, not to mention the whole time scheduling of the locomotives was messed up with them almost never being on time. German delusion of Ludendorff still thinking they could win a war of attrition by pulling a decisive blow and forcing the entente to sue for peace in 1918, yes, they were still in the belief that they could get favourable negotiations in 1918.

So yeah, they were fucked by 1916. And even on the eastern front they could lose any moment. But Russian Revolution saved them.

I agree but it's a sign of Russia still being able to fight (albeit barely), however my main question is still a source for the "WW1 success is what gave the Germans confidence to beat Russia in WW2"

You could've paraphrased me instead of straight up copypasting me, you know.

>You're forgetting the part where the brusilov offensive was part of a much larger russian campaign that ultimately ended in failure.

It didn't really, Russia was still in fght by 1917.

>russia was still in the fight by 1917
Ah yes, the Galician offensive, the greatest strategic success of the war.
>and even on the eastern front they could lose at any moment
They literally couldn't, the failed Galician offensive that occurred months before the october revolution proved how utterly impotent the russian army was by that time.
>muh economic factors
You are aware that tsarist russia was facing the same shit, right? Why the fuck do you think the february and october revolutions even started in the first place, you really think that it just started because lenin walked in and started saying commie shit, not because tsarist russia was absolutely fucked?

And yet Russia was completely unaffected, and keep fighting the Hun menace.

Russia could easilly mount another offensive. And Germany was in much more state of collapse.

>I meant as in WW1 was what motivated the Germans that they would BTFO them in WW2
Most of the planning for their colonization of the East was made during WW1 when they were more successful than they suspected. After WW1 the German bourgeoisie was quite salty that they had to give everything back that they conquered and they wanted it back.
The decision to conquer Lebensraum in the East rather than in the South, and factually there were Nazis who argued that it would be better to conquer the Levant (Henry the Lion vs Barbarossa), was made because it was believed to be easier to take. France was seen as the strongest adversary after WW1.

>russia could easily mount another offensive
You mean another fucking failure? Of course they could.

Russia had received a devastating blow in 1915 and they had to retreat far.

Keep in mind what the original argument was: whether Germany could have won the war. And yes - they could. In 1915 the central powers were winning and it wouldn't have been out of question at all for the Tsar to enter peace talks.

And peace talks at this point would have been in favour of Germany.

No, another victory like the one against Austria. Krauts were already finished by 1916.

Because the hats are cool

Literally looks like shit.

Russians were dying like flies at the Eastern front.

>another victory like the one against austria
Against austria? sure. Against the germans? Nope. If the Krauts were finished by 1916 then why did the russians get fucking raped during the Galician and Brusilov offensive as soon as they tried going toe to toe with the germanic warrior?

Austria duh
And they weren’t heretics
Ottomans came from little

>Krautniggers literally copied/stole English technology
Haha, yeah and then the British invented the "Made in" thingy and boosted the German industry because at that point it was already better quality.

>Leather helmets
This is war, not football

This also happens to be a war where most of the deaths are due to artillery, something a metal helmet isn't going to do much to stop.

Man, you should like read a book on the first world war.

and you should bend over and spread that boypussy for me, slut

>most of the deaths are due to artillery, something a metal helmet isn't going to do much to stop.

On the contrary, a well-designed metal helmet is the best thing you could hope for if your primary concern is artillery. You realize that the primary reason for a military helmet is to stop falling shrapnel from killing you, right? And that head injuries are the most common way that people get killed in war?

>he is mentally ill
my condolences to your parents