I have a how-to speech in my public speaking class and I chose the topic of how to deadlift

I have a how-to speech in my public speaking class and I chose the topic of how to deadlift.
Don't have enough knowledge to describe in depth how to do anything outside of weightlifting.

Speech has to be 5 minutes long.
What points should I make during my speech?

>stretching?
>form?
>muscles used?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/how-to-deadlift/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I gave a speech about the journey of Hannibal barca

>For my speech, I chose a topic about which I know nothing

You chose the simplest, most straight forward lift. To talk about for five minutes.

epic thread op
liked and subscribed

this

op, choose the bench press. it's more technical and more well known.

I thought about talking about different variations like sumo, romanian, etc., as well as different grips.
I'm sure I could make a 5 minute speech out of that.

The fact that the bench press is a well known lift is why I didn't choose it.
Talking about deadlifting would be easier to cover up useless information as important facts.

I bet you deadlift incorrectly if you think it's a simple lift

You could structure it like this:

>some history
>stretch
>warmup
>variations
>form

Don't even bother talking about muscles worked, just talk about the benefits

Might as well give a speech about how to live as an autistic person

strengtheory.com/how-to-deadlift/

This will give you enough matirial for 30 min.

This

Jesus christ OP unless you are a super buff looking dude nobody is going to think you're speaking from a place of authority and you're gonna come off like such an autist.

go ahead buddy but consider this: if you don't look huge, people will think less of you for your speech topic

if you have a good single max, i would bring a video of that single with great form, or a very explosive rep, that way even if you're not Buff McHuge people will think you at least know what you are talking about. If it's over 4pl8s, normies will even mire.

do it, but do it right, either be big or strong.

>that DYEL that always tells people how much they workout

No one's going to care unless youre fucking massive Do this instead

Seriously, maybe you can change your speech to an introduction to olympic weightlifting and just give an introductory rundown on the event lifts & records. You are going to bore people big time with 5 mintues about deadlifting.

I really don't care what the rest of the class thinks of my speech, only how my professor thinks of the speech quality.

I'm definitely not a big guy (6'4" dyel/ottermode/lanklet) and my 1rm isn't impressive, but I planned on referencing my size as a joke to start my speech.

youre a big guy deal with it

That's not much better

At the end of the day nobody wants to hear some DYEL faggot talk about lifting, it's autistic as fuck; normies will only care about a speech on this from a jacked person.

He should do how to make guacamole and then give chips and guac to the entire class, they will love him for it

honestly though, this is a good way to learn about new stuff. Fear of looking like a retard in front of your classmates propels you to learn anything and everything about your subject. It's pretty fun actually

I genuinley second the guac idea. Here is the structure:
-Origins/history
-Different recipies/ingredients/twists from around the world
-Nutritional info. Meme "benifits" of "good" fats
-How to make it. Like a short instructional video made by you
-Intriduce fresh guac and not too salty tortilla chips to class
-Gain the love of peers and teach. Reap A+ grade, slay pussy, aquire close friends and fanatic admirers

Remember that you're being graded on your ability to make an instructive speech, not your ability to deadlift.

Memorize the phrase "It's important to X instead of Y because you want more of A and you want to avoid F as much as possible." If you want bonus points you can sometimes follow it up with "You'll occasionally see an expert deliberately choose to Y because they want more of B and can handle the F because of C"

It sounds goofy as hell written out like that but when you replace the capital letters with actual words you end up with a paragraph that com professors will salivate over. Then you just fill out the details after that with lines like "Specifically, always X in the following way" to give further details. Follow this and you can eat up 5 minutes easy and leave people with the impression they actually got the information you promised them.

>Intro why you chose autistic topic
>Talk about how it's the most basic neanderthal orientated lift from when we needed to lift up logs to get bananas and crabs and shit
>Talk about how it involves the calves, quads, glutes, hammies, pelvis, hips, lats, abs and core, shoulders, arms and even traps and having a weak link in any of those shows how the human body is a chain of kinetic potential and can be ruined by shitty habits or lack of mobility or exercise etc
>Talk about how important hips are and how without hip drive and training you'll slip a disc from simply sitting up or sitting down too fast vs when you have your shit under control you can deadlift 500kg+ safely, some bullshit about it showing human potential for a happy ending.

yw

+1

Also have slightly less than two pints of beer before you begin.

Do the guacamole thing op