This has been a common debate at my apartment

This has been a common debate at my apartment

Is lifting first thing in the morning without breakfast taboo?

do people really cook shirtless? tf

It simply depends on YOU.
Scientifically, the body isn't much weaker after 10 hours of fasting. But it could happen that your blood sugar drops too low for example. So just try it out. If your body can handle it fine and your numbers aren't lower than usual, then you're not missing out on any gains.

enough sleep is more important than breakfast if you lift early

Why wouldn't you?

well sometimes its too hot in kitchen so why not?

It's unlikely that you'll feel at full strength without getting something in your stomach. Why wouldn't you grab a banana and some peanut butter first?

From my experience doing early morning workout with a rowing team, the guys who "can't eat" before practice tended to suffer from it and desperately try to gulp down something sugary before the end of practice.

Why would you want to lift while nutritionally deficient and dehydrated and have a weaker/less effective lifting session?

If you are cooking something with a strong smell it helps so the shirt doesn't absorb any of it.

burning bacon grease?

can lift after 24~ hours of fasting usually with no difference in performance. there's some days where it gets me, but I can usually attribute that to something like shitty food or sleep the day before.
maybe it's different for others, but I pretty strongly feel that the whole having to eat before a workout thing is a meme

I lift 30min after waking up and I only eat an egg before.
Are you telling me I'm hurting my gains?

Then your bacon is too greasy.

I used to do it and it was fine but after upping the volume it's become too draining, eating anything helps immensely with finishing the long workout.

This, all depends on the person.

Some people above are saying they see no difference, but to me it's night and day. I cannot do ANYTHING on an empty stomach

Honestly, possibly yes. Get some carbs in there before you'll be unstoppable

I usually give myself at least ~45 mins to digest too

24? I'd die

I cook shirtless to control the amount of olive I use.
If I use too much I get a burn

this isn't true at all

this isnt lifting tho.

no.

i do both types depending on my work schedule. either early morning with nothing but preworkout and water or in the evening after food tapered down to simple/quick stuff the closer to the lift session.

I put up the same numbers and feel just as fine doing so.

Definitely make sure you're awake and warmed up and give yourself plenty of water.

This might be broscience but I started eating more right before bed, breakfasty type stuff, and i feel more energetic right out of bed.

This kind of shit literally does not matter, even on gear.

>X study shoes a 0.0001% increase in test levels by doing (insert whatever the fuck your bias is towards)

I have a ritual of eating a piece of bread with honey before any workout. It really does help

wow good idea, p creative

I lift first thing in the morning, about 30 minutes after I wake up. I drink about a quart of water and either some pre-workout or black coffee (laying off pw for a couple weeks so my tolerance drops). My lifts have not suffered one bit. Granted, I'm cutting so I haven't made any strength gains, but I get through every workout without getting tired.

Used to wake up an hour early and have some protein and a banana then go back to sleep, but it was fucking up my sleep cycle and made it harder to stay within my calorie count for the day.

Nah, i like it best. Sometimes i feel lazy after eating. At most ill have sips before lifting.

If I eat before a workout, I'm ready for throwing up by the end of it. Feel great if I'm fasted and honestly I don't really see any difference in my results between the two. 6am 3 times a week for 2 years.

my buddy on the other hand will start to feel lightheaded if he doesnt eat pre-workout.

so i guess it just comes down to you and what works for you.

to add to this, i drink lots of water, pre, during and post. i just dont have any food.

No.
It's the best time to train for growth.
Your caloric intake over the course of the day goes to gains.

I dunno, I have this weird thing some parts of my body don't function correctly for like 30 mins after awakening. For example, I have no grip. I'm weak as a kitten, can't even open a bottle of water by myself. My grip strength slowly comes back to me as I wake up. So I can't really work out until that happens.

Another thing, I absolutely cannot ejaculate. I can get hard and fuck for that whole thirty minutes if I want to but I won't come until my girl stops being impressed with my stamina and just starts to get sore and frustrated with me.

Depending on your metabolism you may experience excessive dizziness, nausea or even fainting. This is bad, especially if you drop something on yourself. If this is you, eat 2-4 hours before working out.

If you don't experience any of that, Bob's your uncle enjoy your more flexible schedule.

My body is stronger in a fasted state. Apparently your body releases more adrenaline because we evolved from hunting after long fasting periods.

This is wrong.

Strength peaks around 3-4 if you have a normal circadian rhythm but dont worry about it if you can only fit it in in the morning

the first thing you should do is not have misspelled taboo

that arnold fella used to do exercise before he'd eat breakfast

>Limiting olive

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what r u doin dikhed

I mean it's bacon so

I just started lifting but I'm gonna start doing this.

if i have anything on while making breakfast, it's underwear

If you train fasted after xx hours remember to eat something afterwards. Chocolate milk would be the best.

I have the same thing - fingers are very sensitive and it's almost impossible to pop a pill through foil. IMO it's probably because hands were relatively raised through the night so there's not enough blood in them.

>Workout 5AM
>Shower, make my bed and shit, get started on my day
>Eating a big breakfast by about 6:45
I find it all very satisfying.

This is possibly the stupidest way to solve that problem.

>Veeky Forums

Not if you have the energy. Just eat half a peanut butter sandwich before you go so you're not on an empty stomach.

I'd try both though and see if it affects you.

When you sleep, all gains from the previous day are halted. That's why people who work out late at night will never make it.

>cooking with your basketball shorts on

Maybe he doesn't wear underwear.

If you plan to exercise with any intensity, you should have some breakfast beforehand. Some oats and fruits will do you.

I'm a fairly skinny guy new to working out (started about a month ago), and I've heard for weight gain, you should never work out with an empty stomach.
Any truth to that?